Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is it possible to run nploader and remotejoy together?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default is it possible to run nploader and remotejoy together?

Hello there, I got curious over this...

I have a psp 2k, and only recently I was able to put remotejoy to work again on my pc [new pc, that is...]
    Some time ago, I had to turn the remotejoy plugin off to use nploader and the Dissidia Duodecim DLC [and a few other DLCs] because of memory issues [game wouldn't load and so on]

Is there any way to run both of them in CFW 5.03? Or is my best choice to upgrade and use the imbued DLC plugin from the 6.xx custom firmwares?

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes, you could try using the newer CFW with Nodrm feature implemented on it, specifically PRO.

but, I can't guaranteed it will work or not.(since I haven't tested it myself).

Thanks
    EP Points

remote joy was kinda junky last time i tried it (it lagged) but it may be upgraded by now so you should be able to do it

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, surprising enought, I tried remotejoy again on my new pc. And it was no other game than MHP3 [which I belive it's quite a heavy game]

THERE WAS NO LAG AT ALL. The fps is reduced to 30, but ok, on my old pc, it DID lag. You just need a good computer, it seems.

anyway, a plugin compatibility list for the new CFW would be great. I use a few that wouldn't let go at all.

Thanks
    EP Points

Most of the older plugins has been ported for the new CFWs, just list down your plugins, and see if I can find some.

Thanks
    EP Points

great, let's see...

First of all, hold+ [I listen to music a lot on my psp.]
    Then there's CWcheat [not only for the cheats, on spot screenshots too]
    Remotejoy lite... [I started to use pspdisp too thanks to win7 x64. Not sure if this requires extra plugins]
    FuSa gamepad [ok, I hardly use this anymore, but it's allways good to have a second gamepad option]
    PsnF*cker/Lover for psn and online stuff.
    Nploader [yeah, it'll be removed for obvious reasons]

Game categories [just because I got too much stuff on my memory stick, but can be ignored]
    custom themes [not sure how are the themes anymore. It's been a long time since I tried to get any new theme]

Thinking about it now, I belive the only thing that would require the NPloader plugin is Duodecim, right? Or was the NoDRM problem with FFDD solved?
    Last edited by yanazake; 9th-September-2011 at 13:34.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by yanazake View Post
    great, let's see...

First of all, hold+ [I listen to music a lot on my psp.]
    Supported.

Then there's CWcheat [not only for the cheats, on spot screenshots too]
    yeah, supported.

Remotejoy lite... [I started to use pspdisp too thanks to win7 x64. Not sure if this requires extra plugins]
    Used by many, so it was ported as well.

FuSa gamepad [ok, I hardly use this anymore, but it's allways good to have a second gamepad option]
    Not sure, but reported to be working on 6.xx firmware.

PsnF*cker/Lover for psn and online stuff.
    You don't need this anymore on PRO/ME, you can directly go online from CFW(if you can't you can always dualboot to OFW)

Nploader [yeah, it'll be removed for obvious reasons]
    No need, PRO has implemented this feature.

Game categories [just because I got too much stuff on my memory stick, but can be ignored]
    Yes, ported, now with more functions.

custom themes [not sure how are the themes anymore. It's been a long time since I tried to get any new theme]
    CXMB? yes, it was ported as well, most of the previous CTF themes too.

Thanks
    EP Points

Great, now the question is if I should get a low 6.xx upgrade, or go for the lastest 6.xx CFW one.

I just hope I'm not doing something dumb or won't lose compatibility to my homeb~

OH DAMN. I almost forgot the homebrews! Again, which is the compatibility level of homebrews that are used in 5.03 CFW when put in 6.XX cfw?
    I use at least a file explorer [xplora], the comic book reader [yeah, the homebrew one] and Bookr for pdfs... >.< seriously, i'm really just trying to be cautious when upgrading my psp...

Thanks
    EP Points

Both Bookr and Xplora has been ported as well, but if you want to have file explorer for the PSP, I'd recommend PSPFiler instead.

Which comic reader? xReader? yeah, its working.

No need to worry, almost all the plugins/homebrews has been ported for the 6.xx firmware, and if you somehow not liking it, you can always downgrade back to previous version.

Thanks
    EP Points

"Always" is a strong word to be used here... Is it SAFE now to downgrade back to 5.xx firmwares and below on 2000v3 and 3000 PSPs?

and I'm using PSPcomic v1.0.1 for comics. I think xReader is probably better, but I only found a chinese version :/ [or couldn't change the language]
    Last edited by yanazake; 9th-September-2011 at 17:39.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes, yes. Downgrading is a risky process, especially on 3000/2000v3, but if you're using the right method and follow the given instructions, then chances for it to happen is pretty slim.
    Plus, I've done it many times already, and luckily nothing happen.

Also, you get better support anyway when using newest CFW, and of course with more functions and homebrews/plugins.

That one was supported as well, and the latest xReader has an English mod, try googling for it.
    Last edited by meganova; 9th-September-2011 at 23:52.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to meganova For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Well Meganova, thanks for your time, patience and all your help.
    I think I'm at the last question now and it is...
    "which version is better for me to change to? The LASTEST or just anything starting with a 6? =p"

And just to show that I wasn't just waiting for your answers, I did search on the new CFW and found out about something I never heard about, the module version of the psp. Got a checker [probably it was you who posted it] and I can say that my PSP module is 02g. [unless all 2000v3 are, which I'm not sure about, it's better than nothing anyway ]

Thanks
    EP Points

6?
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...upport-for-03g
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...l-optimization!!

Go for the latest version, obviously.

The checker(signed) is only for those who doesn't have CFW installed, or didn't know which module their PSP have(mainly for 3000s),
    and since it also didn't give much info, so it only good for downgrading purpose.

All 2000 have 02g module, but to know whether it was fully hackable or not is by identifying the motherboard, or just run PSPIdent.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, these posts~

Well, I meant if I should get 6.60 or 6.35/39, [instead of getting "lme 8", 9, 9.2 and so on, if that's what I sounded like =p] but reading better the posts, I think I should get "LME 9.4"

Oh well, here goes nuthin'! /o/ *installing the new cfw*

... Wait, I need to update to OFW 6.39 first, don't I?
    Last edited by yanazake; 10th-September-2011 at 20:34.

Thanks
    EP Points

Before that, now you have a 5.03 GEN-C installed on your PSP 2000v3 right?
    Uninstall that first, restore your PSP to default settings, then do OFW update.

Well, that depends. Since your PSP is 2000v3, you can have permanent CFW on 6.20, if you're using PRO.
    On ME, you can only have LME, which is not permanent.