Thread: Genesis and SNES emulation on PS2 RELEASED TOGETHER

JadeSaber Guest

Default Genesis and SNES emulation on PS2 RELEASED TOGETHER

Yes, it seems both the Sega Genesis and SNES emulators for PS2 are now available for public use! YEAH!
    Shame I don't have a modded PS2...
    But if you do and you want them, get them here:
    PGEN Homepage - http://pgen.gamebase.ca/
    Snes-Station Homepage - http://snes-station.emuunlim.com/

Thanks

Talking sweeet

I've been going to the snes site for awhile and its been closed for like 2 weeks now its online and they have released a beta. O and you don't need a modded ps2 just use cdgenps2 it makes "simple text cd's/dvd's" (consolevision.com) bootable.

JadeSaber Guest

Ok, I checked this suggestion out. It turns out you may be right, but there is still a catch. Apparently it still needs a GameShark or Replay to work. I have neither for PS2.:nosmile:
    But here is where I found the details:
    http://www.consolevision.com/ps2/tut...on/index.shtml
    And what's wrong with Roxio Easy CD Creator 5? I don't want to go downloading shareware versions of other burner software if I really don't need it. That site says to get CDRwin or something, but when I burned It Might Be NES with Easy CD Creator 5, it burned just fine with 2x.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I've just finished playing the Genesis Emu, with over 200 roms on it, and I can say that aside from the odd few games that dont work, this thing is excellent. I have yet to try the SNES emu yet, but it has to be better then the sad state that DreamSNES is in. Oh, and I just burned the files to disk, and use the PS2 swap method to play it.

JadeSaber Guest

PS2 swap? Hmmm..I heard something about this but didn't believe it was possible. How is this done and do you need GameShark or a mod?

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmm.. look who's back, hiya cyber, how're you doing ??!! Long time.

Oh yes, and to be on topic, this is great news, although I already had it before you posted it here, but still sounds good, I shall however stick to my Genesis, and SNES and also to GENS and ZSNES

JadeSaber Guest

Holding out on us, MasJ? For SHAME! :hypocrite

Just kidding!
    I like my Gens and Zsnes too, but the emulation on PS2 sounds really facinating!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Originally posted by MasJ
    Hmm.. look who's back, hiya cyber, how're you doing ??!! Long time.

Oh yes, and to be on topic, this is great news, although I already had it before you posted it here, but still sounds good, I shall however stick to my Genesis, and SNES and also to GENS and ZSNES
    Doing great MasJ. Glad to be back. Though I've actually been floating around for the past several days just checking things out. I've used my Mod abilities once or twice in order to keep things smooth, and have posted in a couple topics too.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Originally posted by JadeSaber
    PS2 swap? Hmmm..I heard something about this but didn't believe it was possible. How is this done and do you need GameShark or a mod?
    You can use the GameShark actually.

JadeSaber Guest

Well, the reason I asked that question is because I don't have a PS2 GameShark and I had an outside tiny glimmer of hope that it could be done without a GameShark or Mod. I am nust not ready to mod my PS2 yet and I haven't ever really used the GameShark for anything on the PS1 but to get some Japanese DDR games to work with disc swapping. Since my PSX IS modded, I have no trouble with IMBNES anyway.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I've got DDRMax on my ftp. I'll set up an account for Emuparadise Members sometime later.

JadeSaber Guest

Way cool! Please let me know when you post up DDR games. I love those!
    And I miss my poor little 2nd Remix that acutally has a chunk out of the outside of it. It still loads and plays some songs, but not my faves anymore and my backup got lost by a 2 yr old kid who couldn't keep his hands off it.
    I know...2nd Remix isn't popular and it isn't near as good as 3rd Mix but those club mix CDs were cool and I got them both for 10$ each on clearance.
    Right now I play mostly my legit real Disney DDR. I recently unlocked Maniac mode. I thought I was doing good to beat Small World Hardcore on trick...now it's kicking my butt all over!
    er...
    Oh yeah...how is a PS2 disc swap possible? Seems you should have to take it apart or something.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Exactly.

JadeSaber Guest

I will pass on that. I took mine apart a couple of times because it fell victim to a little kid. It ain't fun.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

To each thier own, but it works just fine for me. I havn't had any problems with it yet.