Thread: No iso's I download for ePSXe are working, they're only identified as File Association Manager?

Thanks

Default No iso's I download for ePSXe are working, they're only identified as File Association Manager?

My friend is the one who set up my emulator and what games I have no on my computer, but he moved, and never showed me what he did. Every time I download an games iso off of here, or another site. It's doesn't work, do I need to do something to the file? Convert it or something? The games I do have work fine, its only new ones I try to get I have issues with. Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TheNumber6 View Post
    My friend is the one who set up my emulator and what games I have no on my computer, but he moved, and never showed me what he did. Every time I download an games iso off of here, or another site. It's doesn't work, do I need to do something to the file? Convert it or something? The games I do have work fine, its only new ones I try to get I have issues with. Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you.
    Fist of all, all of the PS ISOs on the main site are 7Zipped. So you'll have to grab 7zip to extract the file. You're not finished there though. You'll be left with an .ecm file which you'll also have to decompress as well. You can download unECM or better yet PakkISO to decompress the PS ISO to a usable state. After that it should be usable in any compatible emulator.

Thanks

Could you point me in the right direction to download them? I searched on google, but whatever I'm downloading isnt opening up.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Could you point me in the right direction to download them? I searched on google, but whatever I'm downloading isnt opening up.
    You really can't miss the links to said programs if you actually downloaded the ISOs from Emuparadise's mainsite. There's links to them just below the direct download link to whatever PS ISO you're looking at.

Example:
    Spoiler warning:

Just to make it a little easier on you here's a direct link to PakkISO though.

Thanks

Thanks, I got it now. But, when I try to open pakkiso, a black box with letters pops up than disappears, is that supposed to happen? How do i use it lol

Thanks

Nevermind, I've figured it out, thank you for the help,

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks, I got it now. But, when I try to open pakkiso, a black box with letters pops up than disappears, is that supposed to happen? How do i use it lol
    Just drag and drop the playstationgame.img.ecm onto the unecm.exe in the PakISO install folder. It should leave you with an uncompressed .img file that you can now play with ePSXe.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nevermind, I've figured it out, thank you for the help,
    I'll PM you my address for payment. I prefer gold or NES carts.

Anyway, you're welcome, glad I could help.