Thread: SideWinder Gamepad in Windows XP

Thanks
    EP Points

Default SideWinder Gamepad in Windows XP

I'm trying to use my SideWinder Gamepad in Windows XP. Althought it says on the SideWinder website that it should work OK ( http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/si...t.asp#gameport ) , it doesn't. I go into the Game Controllers section in Control Panel and select the pad and go to properties, and it works for a couple of seconds (i.e. the pad responds when I press the buttons etc) before coming up with a message that the controller isn't connected. I press retry a few times and it works for a few more seconds, then i get the error message again. I've tried using it in games, but the game freezes every few seconds, thus rendering it unplayable. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

did you try installing the original manufacturer XP drivers?
    Intel is up, AMD eats shit

Thanks
    EP Points

I got the gamepad before Windows XP came out, so I don't have any drivers for it that will work in Windows XP. I can't find any Windows 2000 drivers on the internet that I can try either.

Thanks

http://www3.driverguide.com/betav2.php

click the link on the left, "basic search", and fill in all the info. btw. there are drivers for EVERYTHING on that site.
    Intel is up, AMD eats shit