Thread: Retro Console Confusion

Thanks

Red face Retro Console Confusion

Hey guys, im new here at the epforums, and i guess that this is the only place to ask this question.
    I have saved up some money and wanted to buy an NES/SNES console, there are two on my list.
    The FC TWIN, and the Retro Duo. So what i basically am asking is what console has the overall superior performance, im looking for a console that supports many of the old NES and SNES games, has a good/stable build quality, and can handle hours of gaming with ease. Any ideas?

Thanks

just emulate its alot easier and its also cheaper

Thanks

According to http://www.ehow.com/about_5387911_fc...retro-duo.html, the Retro Duo has less compatibility issues.

Can't speak on build quality, though my old roommate had a Retro-Bit NES clone (who also make the RetroDuo), and it was pretty cheaply made but worked fine. The AC adapter fucked out after about 3 months and I tried replacing it with mine from my NES, but the voltage was too high and I fried his Retro-Bit. Oh.. well.
    CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL I'M SO WAAAAACCKYYYYYYY

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HowlerMonkey View Post
    According to http://www.ehow.com/about_5387911_fc...retro-duo.html, the Retro Duo has less compatibility issues.

Can't speak on build quality, though my old roommate had a Retro-Bit NES clone (who also make the RetroDuo), and it was pretty cheaply made but worked fine. The AC adapter fucked out after about 3 months and I tried replacing it with mine from my NES, but the voltage was too high and I fried his Retro-Bit. Oh.. well.
    They should invent a system that you can install your emulators and roms onto memory cards and play on the system, that would be soooo much easier.
    "No crying until the end."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMoloch View Post
    They should invent a system that you can install your emulators and roms onto memory cards and play on the system, that would be soooo much easier.
    Buy a Wii and install the Homebrew channel if that's what you want.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMoloch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugsnarf View Post
    Buy a Wii and install the Homebrew channel if that's what you want.
    This can be done on Android phones as well. From Atari all the way up to N64 and PSX. Dreamcast is being worked on at the moment. There are really a lot of way to do what you are suggesting

Thanks

On an android phone? That's impressive. The Homebrew channel's emulators can hardly do N64. The nice thing about the Wii is that it's on the TV.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Fugsnarf View Post
    On an android phone? That's impressive. The Homebrew channel's emulators can hardly do N64. The nice thing about the Wii is that it's on the TV.
    Check out the Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY phone. It's built for gaming