Thread: Battlefield 3 vs. MW3 Trash-Talking Hits New Low

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Battlefield 3 vs. MW3 Trash-Talking Hits New Low

Electronic Arts has been hurling insults at Activision for months, as it seeks to sell copies of forthcoming shooter Battlefield 3 and take share from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

The war of words hasn't all been one-sided. Around E3 time Activision boss Bobby Kotick cast negative comments at Battlefield 3's console versions. More recently, Bobby's second-in-command Eric Hirshberg said EA's verbal assault is "bad for our industry", specifically slamming EA's management for stating that Call of Duty should "rot from the core".

Now, EA has ramped up the pressure. The company's chief spokesman Jeff Brown used trade site IndustryGamers to toss some abuse at Hirshberg. he said, "Welcome to the big leagues Eric. I know you're new in the job but someone should have told you this is an competitive industry.

"You've got every reason to be nervous. Last year Activision had a 90 share in the shooter category. This year, Battlefield 3 is going to take you down to 60 or 70. At that rate, you'll be out of the category in 2-3 years. If you don't believe me, go to the store and try to buy a copy of Guitar Hero or Tony Hawk."

For me it is Kindergarden, for you??

Thanks

Epic, just epic

Supreme Warrior Guest

the word Kindergarten pretty much sums it up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Warrior View Post
    the word Kindergarten pretty much sums it up.
    Lies and deception! You know its a party when you have grown men trash talking about shit no body cares about.
    When it comes down to it everyone does their own thing. Personally I won't be buying/renting any of those games.

Thanks
    EP Points

It's pretty bad alright. EA shows us how mature they really are. You know, just like how mature they were when they had the terrible marketing idea for Dead Space 2. What was it called again? Oh yeah, "Your Mom Hates Dead Space 2".

Thanks

I don't know why EA is doing this. It's just immature. Still looking forward to Battlefield though :3
    Living life without doing what you want, now that's just a recipe for misery

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah I agree the word Kindergarten sums it up for me too. Those guys seem to be back in Kindergarten, this is just plain stupid.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

im kinda meh on both of em so for me I dont really care how much of a PR Slap fight they get into, although its amusing to watch from the sidelines

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf the Knight View Post
    Lies and deception! You know its a party when you have grown men trash talking about shit no body cares about.
    When it comes down to it everyone does their own thing. Personally I won't be buying/renting any of those games.
    I know when I read the first post I was ready to party.