Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Enough of Final Fantasy! UGH! For other games, come here.

Thanks

Default Enough of Final Fantasy! UGH! For other games, come here.

As I type this, there are 6 different topics all about the Final Fantasy series on the first page of the free 4 all section. Out of a total of 26 threads, that is a lot.

23.076923076923076923076923076923% in fact.

So how about, for a change, we start talking about some OTHER games? Not necessarily rpgs, they can be platformers, fighters, puzzle games, whatever you wish. Except for Final Fantasy or hentai games that is. Please don't talk about them.

Gametalk goes here .

My favourite game is Earthbound for SNES. It is a quirky rpg set in modern times, and it rips into every cliche in the rpg makers' handbook. You would never see a game like this made by Squaresoft. It has it's own crazy cult, who believe that world peace can be achieved by painting everything blue, and have members who dress up in blue KKK-like uniforms. They are led by a guy named Carpainter. They even paint a cow blue.

Enemies in the game include mad taxis, abstract art, annoying old party men, new age retro hippies, skate punks, cute lil' UFOs, starmen, spiteful crows, trick or trick kids, big piles of puke, cranky old ladies, great crested bookas (whatever the hell they are), loaded dice, worthless protoplasm, and manly fish's brother. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

Weapons include baseball bats and frying pans .

One of the playable characters is called Poo, and Mr T is in the game!

Some people may recognise the main character, Ness, from Super Smash Bros, and SSB:M. Mr Saturns also make an appearance as items in SSB:M, and various characters from the game are rewarded as trophies.

WHAT MORE COULD YOU POSSIBLY WANT!?

http://starmen.net/ has more information about this fantastic game, and is a very comprehensive fan-site of the game.

The prequel of the game, called Mother, was translated into English, but was unreleased in America for unknown reasons. A prototype cart was sold on ebay and the rom dumped on the internet, so now gamers are able to play Mother, aka Earthbound zero, on a NES emulator such as Jnes. The game is similar to Earthbound in many ways.

A sequel, Earthbound 64, was planned for release, but after many years of delays, the project was eventually dumped, as the game was very difficult to program. Recently there have been a lot of rumours concerning a release of a sequel on GCN or GBA, and if you want to help the cause of a great game being released, please sign this petition: http://starmen.net/petition/
    It won't take long, and if you sign it, I among many other fans will be grateful to you for doing so. Just sign it once; your signature will be removed if you sign multiple times.

This post isn't spammy enough. WOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!!!!!

EXCELLENT.

Oh, and MasJ, can you tell us if the new boards are coming anytime soon? If ever? It's been a while since I heard anything.

Thanks

I'm gonna give it(earthbound) a shot.

What really BLEW me away was Skies of Arcadia on DC
    & with a sequel soon to be out on PS2. It was HUGE in japan
    but not a peep over here. I hadn't had so much fun with an RPG
    since FF5 ( HAH ! BLASPHEMY ) . It's gonna hit big , this game was the beginning of a new long line of RPGs. It will have followers by the millions . And any fool that stands in its way will ..
    mwha HAHAHAHA .
    Ships, islands , treasures , empires, legendary beasts, Armadas,
    discoveries , Wars. It's got it all. The Story Kick ASS with a LOT of twist and turns . Most Beautifull Graphics seen on DC, The depth
    and Gameplay are simply outstanding . The Dialogues even kicked ass!!! I laughed out loud at least a dozen times
    (GUILDER). The Whole mood of the game is sooo coool , so different . I actually didn't mind trying to save the world in this game.
    If u gotta a DC, GET THIS GAME. or just tell me where to upload and Disc 1 will be on its way very soon.
    'The mark of my Dignity shall scar thy DNA'

Thanks

I find that there are too many nonsensical messages on the battle screen in Earthbound.

Plus the gameplay is just not my style, I guess. But I'll have to admit that the variety is quite rich, and the music isn't that fantastic either.

Vinni, give it a try and let us know what you think.

I don't have a favourite game, though Illusion of Gaia for SNES was pretty good.

Sixchan Guest

The best game ever is NiGHTS. There can be no question of its complete superiority over every other game ever. NiGHTS is the best, a complete masterpiece of gameplay and innovation. All hail NiGHTS, the pinnacle of gaming!

Thanks
    EP Points

You guys really have to play Deus Ex. It a first person shooter, but it has RPG elements that let you develop your character throughout the game. It's got an great plot too, with lots of twists and turns. Honestly, it's just like an amazing, big budget movie. And it's available on budget, so everyone should give it a try.

Thanks

Deus ex is coming out on PS2 as well, unless it's already out. It sounds really interesting. I have yet to try that and NiGHTS. Sixchan, can you give me a little info on NiGHTS? I've heard vague references to it before but I don't even know what system it's on .

Omnislash, everybody has a different opinion of Earthbound. The general aesthetic of it, including graphics, sound and overall style of the game, are great or shit depending on your outlook. I personally think that the cartoony graphics suit the game's saturday morning style, and the techno-ish battle muzac suits the groovy backgrounds. I'm pretty sure the guys who made the game were high all the time throughout production .

Sixchan Guest

NiGHTS was a game for the saturn, where you were purple devil (turned good) who could fly about. You collected orbs, and when you had 20, you got a large orb that you took back to the temple before time ran out. It also had little guys on the ground that did things if you were kind to them while flying about, the music became brighter and happier. If you attacked them, the music became duller.

It was great fun, though it took a while to get into it. When I first played it, I thought 'this game was a waste of money!' then, a few months later I picked it up again and REALLY enjoyed it.

Tal Guest

Cool OK!

That's a great idea Onestroke, and great that you like Earthbound, man I used to love that game

I know RPG games are all the rage here, but my fave game ever simply has to be Rayman 2: The Great Escape. I loved the original Rayman, and the chance to get back into his charming, magical, silly, goodhumoured world was wonderful:bliss:

I played the game on PC, but there was an N64 version, and I think the rom is right here on emuparadise
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sixchan Guest

I completed rayman 2 (well, in truth I couldn't beat the last boss), but I still think it sucked.

xenomorphic Guest

yep! earthbound is good,iam all so playing it now too!
    but what ive really got in to in the past month is
    Mega Man
    ive stared out with the nes's first,iam on #2
    i guess when i was playing Mega Man Battle for the gba,i remembered about the nes games.
    it so good to go back to the old days
    we really need more games like this now a days
    jump,shoot,jump,shoot oh yea!
    Attached Images Attached Images

battousai Guest

have you guys tried super mario rpg? it's a great game and it'll give you guys something to do for a while...

Tal Guest

Default Rayman 2

I completed rayman 2 (well, in truth I couldn't beat the last boss), but I still think it sucked.
    Oh no I'm gutted

You played all the way to the last boss before you decided it sucked?

Sixchan Guest

No, I played the game thinking 'damn, I wish I could find my Baldur's gate 2 CD'. Then I played the last boss thinking 'oh shit! I can't beat this guy!' then I went to bed, and when I was in my room, thinking 'hey! My Baldur's Gate 2 CD!'

sickboy Guest

Originally posted by Sixchan
    The best game ever is NiGHTS.
    I never could get into that game. it seamed like I wasn't really controlling the game. I felt the same about sonic adventure. It felt like I could just press forward and finish the levels. I did like how it used the system clock to change things in the game.

Thanks

Nights is a fun game, but it is in no way the best ever game.
    Check out the best site in the whole world. hehe Sephires' Site
    Games I Own Last updated October 30, 2005

I've been posting before you where an ache in you fathers crotch and you have the balls to call me a spammer.