Thread: Atari Sells Cryptic Studios to Perfect World Entertainment

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Atari Sells Cryptic Studios to Perfect World Entertainment

Just got this email in my inbox and thought it interesting

Recent Updates for Champions Online and Star Trek Online Players

Due to Atari’s recent sale of Cryptic Studios to Perfect World Entertainment, minor updates are being made to Champions Online and Star Trek Online.

Updates include a change to logos, a revised Privacy Policy, and Champions Online and Star Trek Online players will notice Atari Tokens converting to Cryptic Points (only Champions Online and Star Trek Online are affected). Learn more about Cryptic Points on the official Star Trek Online and Champions Online websites.

You can find details about the updates on our frequently asked questions and a Community Support Forum to help you better understand these changes and what they mean to you.

Thanks for your time and support!

Atari, Inc.
    Didnt quite see this coming especially since Champions went Free to play on steam and had been doing better than ever money wise, and PWE is famous for Free to play mmo's so will Star Trek follow the normal path of other PWE games?

Whats your thoughts on it?

Thanks

mabey either they want more people to play it or they are trying to make the game better so more people can play it

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by resident evil2 nemesis View Post
    mabey either they want more people to play it or they are trying to make the game better so more people can play it
    Gotta say it... You do know Nemesis is Resident Evil 3 not 2 right?

Thanks

i know i just thought my name would be based of the nemesis then i found the real nemesis on emuparadise

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by resident evil2 nemesis View Post
    i know i just thought my name would be based of the nemesis then i found the real nemesis on emuparadise
    If you want something Different you could always pm an admin and ask nice like, there cool and will probs change it for you

Thanks

im good nemesis finds it cool

Thanks

Perfect World Entertainment now owns these games?

Sounds absolutely horrid... Considering Perfect World 1 and 2 were both horrendous and poorly moderated, what will happen to these games that have a pretty good user base that isn't over-run with gold sellers and botters? Perfect World Entertainment are perhaps the worst company to inherit a game...

Ah well, now I know never to play Star Trek Online, I probably would've, but PWE's tag on any game is a poisonous one... I'd compare them to JOYMAX if I had to choose anyone remotely as crap...

But that's my two cents...
    "Bright and cold, the flash of steel,
    Alone I roam over desolate fields,
    My sword, I no longer need,
    The evening wind will carry me home."