Thread: Resident Evil 3 sound problems (using ePSXe 1.6.0)

Thanks

Default Resident Evil 3 sound problems (using ePSXe 1.6.0)

Help! I've searched all over the internet but I still can't figure this one out. The game runs perfectly except for the sounds during the cutscenes. You can hear the background music but not the voices of the characters (most of the time). On ePSXe 1.6.0, the sound plug-in I'm using is Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41 with Sound, CDDA Sound, and XA sound enabled. Other configurations:
    Audio Device: Direct Sound, Buffer Size: 64
    Audio out method: SPUasync, smooth
    Reverb: Neill's
    All 3 special game fixes on

I've played other games just fine using this configuration. I've also tried other sound plug-ins but none of them work. I've also tried other ISO files but it's always the same problem. Does anyone know how to fix this? Let me know if I need to give any more info. Thanks!

Thanks
    EP Points

Go to the Eternal SPU Lite config, and change your Audio out method to Thread, and Async mode to Simple.
    Then, under the Misc, enable only 'Wait for XA buffer is free', and OK.

On the Config Sound window, make sure Sound, CDDA Sound, and XA Sound were enabled, leave the fourth box unchecked, then OK.
    Run, and load your game at the nearest point using the memory card saves, and go through the scenes again.