Hey guys, me again.

I have a number of PS1 games that are...well...totally screwed. So i decided, instead of throwing them out, i'd keep them, so i can legally download copies of them from the internet.

However, i've hit a small snag, any game with a .cue and .bin file, doesnt appear to run properly on my PS1. It runs fine on the emulator ePSXe, yet on my PS1, it'll run but with problems.

Heres an example:

Kurushi (Also known as Intelligent Qube)(Downloaded from Snesorama forums) - Included a .bin and .cue. Ran fine in emulator, when burned and placed in PS1, game ran but with NO audio except sound effects (Running, moving cubes, etc.).

Im assuming, that because the game runs fine in the emulator that its me burning the disk wrong, so heres what i've been doing with backups that are .bin and include a .cue:

Uncompress backup (most i get are in .ecm format)
Open .cue file in UltraISO
Select to burn the image at 8x (Lowest my macs SuperDrive will go )
Disk is burnt, and ejected.
Boot up PS1 with *Mod
Wait for original disk to stop spinning, and remove.
Insert backup
Game boots, with the problems mentioned above, the same problems occur with most games i got with a .bin and .cue, the game runs but no background audio/music

I am aware i can use Alcohol 120%, but most tutorials i found mentioned "Select RAW-DAO" but my version of Alcohol 120% doesnt have this? Regardless if i select the "Play Station" protection or not.

Any help/info would be most appreciated.

I believe you also need these details:

PS1 Console (Phat and Gray )
BIOS: SCPH-7502
PAL Region
*Mod: External hardware modification via the I/O Port. (Check below for more information)

Mod: The mod im using is a cartridge that plugs into the I/O port of this PS1 Console, its actually a cheat cartridge, but because when the cartridge is booted, the disk stops spinning, im able to swap out an original disk for a backup game. Works great on the backups I've done thus far (except the ones with the issue mentioned above). The Cartridge is called a Smart Cartridge. I believe its most likely a knock-off of the old GameShark cheat cartridges for this type of PS1 Console.