Thread: Best DOS Emulator for Android?

Thanks

Default Best DOS Emulator for Android?

Heya guys. I have been seeing a few DOS emulators on the Android Market lately. I was wondering which would be best for my Xoom (or any other large tablet). I want to be able to play the classic Fallout and Elder Scrolls games. Any suggestions for free or paid apps that are good for this? Thanks in advance!

Thanks

There aren't any x86 emulators that are really at the performance level for emulating games. The only ones I know of (aDosBox and DroidDos) have very poor keyboard functionality for devices (like tablets, or in my case, a DX) that don't have physical keyboards.

For now, your best bet is aDosBox, as DroidDos is super slow.

Thanks
    EP Points

I BOUGHT the AnDosBox version (which is dumb to most people, since DosBox is free), but it has GREAT support (I'm able to play "King's Quest 5" and "Warcraft 2") with almost no lag. There are a couple glitches in the sound department, but hey, I'm pretty damn happy. AnDosBox has good features compared to the other varieties, such as the IMGMOUNT command, and the ability to boot .CONF files, which is why I opted to buy it.

PS: AnDosBox (as well as all programs on Android) have the virtual keyboard support. If you do not have a physical keyboard (like me on my Nexus One) don't worry, all you have to do is HOLD the Menu button until the keyboard appears... It should take 1-3 seconds (with AnDosBox, keyboard is enabled by default)

PPS: No MIDI sound on AnDosBox, but SoundBlaster16 works just fine.
    Darn username I in 2008... Stuck with it until Sony decides to allow us to change usernames...