Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Where do you see gaming in 5 years?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

robotic realdoll with customizable personality.
    Skin-inductance based mental controllers.
    Wi-fi at near instant download rates.
    Smart Glasses mapping VR hazards over Real World hazards like traffic, so you can play a FPS with friends controlled by your own body.
    Games so immersive you will think of going to work as though it's not real.

In the next 5 years? Probably not. But 10-15, yes.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

In five years they will have discovered a way to compress games at very high rate without the loss of quality and games will most likely be streamed directly to our "game box" of choice

Thanks

I personally think that Nintendo, Sega, and Capcom will go out of business. Steam will take control of the gaming market as good computers get cheaper, and Sony will give up at the "Ps4"

This is of course my radical opinion regarding the rising popularity of computer games.

Hail to the king baby!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by bittits View Post
    I personally think that Nintendo, Sega, and Capcom will go out of business. Steam will take control of the gaming market as good computers get cheaper, and Sony will give up at the "Ps4"

This is of course my radical opinion regarding the rising popularity of computer games.
    That is a pretty radical view considering it's the near future. Care to elaborate why you think that 2/3rds (you didn't mention Microsoft) of the first parties will go under in such a small window of time?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

And very funny considering that earlier in this thread some were arguing that PC gaming was going to die in the near future.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    N Gage QD had no way of pirating the games, I don't think. You could pirate the games for the original N Gage because it has an SD card slot whereas the QD doesn't.
    You could put the games on an MMC card and play them off the ngage, you could pirate games.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tassadar View Post
    You could put the games on an MMC card and play them off the ngage, you could pirate games.
    MMC, SD card, same difference.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    MMC, SD card, same difference.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bittits View Post

Interesting conclusion. You are suggesting that Japan will just give up on its profitable gaming industry in the next 5 years? If anything Japan is in a better position to profit because they don't really make many PC games which are much more frequently pirated.
    Last edited by crimsonedge; 10th-August-2011 at 05:15.

Thanks

JRPGs are pretty much dead. The PS2 had some of the best - Wild ARMs, anything from GUST/NIS America. Then along came the PS3 and without warning series just dropped from the map - Persona, Devil Summoner, Wild ARMs(Sony's fault), Breath of Fire(CAPCOM's fault).

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Graeystone View Post
    JRPGs are pretty much dead. The PS2 had some of the best - Wild ARMs, anything from GUST/NIS America. Then along came the PS3 and without warning series just dropped from the map - Persona, Devil Summoner, Wild ARMs(Sony's fault), Breath of Fire(CAPCOM's fault).
    persona 5 has been announced as under production, wild arms MAY make a comeback, capcom sux (see my sig) and devil summoner is a shin megami game, they are all over the place, also gust/nis have TONS of ps3 games

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Graeystone View Post
    Wild Arms is a five game series, and it started on the PS1. The last Devil Summoner and Persona game were released a couple years ago, I doubt either series is dead.
    I can't believe I posted in this thread again, ugh.

Luffy beat me to it .
    Last edited by Slacker Magician; 10th-August-2011 at 13:59.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

I say gaming will become a sport

CoD, Halo, and the other famous FPS games will have about 15 games in the next 5 years and just about everyone will play video games

even the women

if they arent already =/

and poor nintendo my just die off because of lack of "hardcorism" in their games.

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shardnax View Post
    Wild Arms is a five game series, and it started on the PS1. The last Devil Summoner and Persona game were released a couple years ago, I doubt either series is dead.
    I can't believe I posted in this thread again, ugh.

Luffy beat me to it .
    haha but you are luffy's friend anyway. anywho jrpg's arent dead, we still have pokemon. wait they are going to die in a few years lol i just wish yugioh would die already. the only reason jrpg's are dieing is because alot more people that are playing just play to go online and talk shit to eachother.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rok124 View Post
    I say gaming will become a sport

CoD, Halo, and the other famous FPS games will have about 15 games in the next 5 years and just about everyone will play video games

even the women

if they arent already =/

and poor nintendo my just die off because of lack of "hardcorism" in their games.
    Gaming already is a sport, I'm not a fan but there is MLG.

http://www.mlgpro.com/

Oh and people have been saying the same thing about Nintendo since the N64. They seem to be doing fine.

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares
    haha but you are luffy's friend anyway. anywho jrpg's arent dead, we still have pokemon. wait they are going to die in a few years lol i just wish yugioh would die already. the only reason jrpg's are dieing is because alot more people that are playing just play to go online and talk shit to eachother.
    LOL yugioh. It's never going to end. EVER.

JRPGs won't die in Japan, I'll import if it comes to it. The problems with the genre in general right now are the same problems that have always been there. So basically you either enjoy it or you don't but there are generally a few titles each year that manage to transcend the current state