Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Where do you see gaming in 5 years?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by luffy4 View Post
    i never understood the attraction to gta... hell i can get a sealed collectors edition of it right now for $20 if i wanted it
    Yeah they produce a ton of copies.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shardnax View Post

I thought my post was easy to understand. My point being, no company is going to spend nine figures on development unless they were certain it would be profitable.

To elaborate further, I wanted you to post a source for those supposed costs.
    First of all go fucking google the highest budget games list, the list can be seen.

Second, no company knows if it will be profitable, again you are too retarded to even understand what the POINT is behind my posts... but that's OK that seems to be a trend on this forum with me.

I said GTA4 cost 100mil as a reference that games are now like movies with the budgets they are produced under... its fact that when it comes down to it a company WILL go 100mil, it would be all the same if I said games are made for 10-20 mil, because then that would give you the perfect sarcastic angle to say "actually GTA4 cost 100mil and other games cost a lot more than 10mil also"... isn't that the sort of remark I'm use to seeing in replies to me?.. its a lose lose no matter what I point out as someone always looks for the obviousness in going against anything I say,even to the point they make themselves out as retarded in doing so, why?, because they are ganging up on me perhaps?... and yet no one ever points out THEIR retardedness, just like you asking me for a list of costs. If I said that, everyone who read it would be lining up to post with the obvious list that sits on lots of sites, and is just a google search away.

To go against you saying a game dev would never develop something unless they new it would beat its budget.. well then retard why do companies go bankrupt from lack of sales?..Isn't that an easier way to look at it?... Fuck Shenmue cost 70million to make(95mil in todays cash lol) and whats funny about that is they KNEW it would never make a return by the amount of Dreamcasts sold, in fact it would have had to be bought twice by every DC owner to turn a profit, which is asking a lot.... so there goes your whole bullshit argument saying a company wont develop something unless a big return is in the works.. even as far back as the DC days.

And you even missed another point within a point I was making, in that Rockstar funded 100mil for GTA4, because that's what I was getting at too, with their success of the GTA games from 15yrs back they are now atleast ready to fund 100mil for a game because it is somewhat worth it.. does that not atleast say to you what a company is willing to do if they can see a return... as apposed to all these moaners saying companies are taking and conning us with cheap knock offs... or "betas" as one put it*rolls eyes*

And this goes hand in hand with movie making, how many movies over the years DID NOT see the return epected and have flopped at the box office?.. even big hitter sequels and series. And stop fucking saying GTA games arent good, they ARE fucking good. I fucking hate all these wannabe emo hardcore gamers thinking they know it all because they sit in their pyjamas with their stupid RPG's in the same over used fantasy world, with the same virgin loving sexual themed story line and pitiful sad musical scores they always seem content to want to buy on cd afterwards, yet they dis GTA....UGH....
    Last edited by Constipated Rat; 19th-August-2011 at 18:46.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Constipated Rat View Post
    First of all go fucking google the highest budget games list, the list can be seen.

Second, no company knows if it will be profitable, again you are too retarded to even understand what the POINT is behind my posts... but that's OK that seems to be a trend on this forum with me.

I said GTA4 cost 100mil as a reference that games are now like movies with the budgets they are produced under... its fact that when it comes down to it a company WILL go 100mil, it would be all the same if I said games are made for 10-20 mil, because then that would give you the perfect sarcastic angle to say "actually GTA4 cost 100mil and other games cost a lot more than 10mil also"... isn't that the sort of remark I'm use to seeing in replies to me?.. its a lose lose no matter what I point out as someone always looks for the obviousness in going against anything I say,even to the point they make themselves out as retarded in doing so, why?, because they are ganging up on me perhaps?... and yet no one ever points out THEIR retardedness, just like you asking me for a list of costs. If I said that, everyone who read it would be lining up to post with the obvious list that sits on lots of sites, and is just a google search away.

To go against you saying a game dev would never develop something unless they new it would beat its budget.. well then retard why do companies go bankrupt from lack of sales?..Isn't that an easier way to look at it?... Fuck Shenmue cost 70million to make(95mil in todays cash lol) and whats funny about that is they KNEW it would never make a return by the amount of Dreamcasts sold, in fact it would have had to be bought twice by every DC owner to turn a profit, which is asking a lot.... so there goes your whole bullshit argument saying a company wont develop something unless a big return is in the works.. even as far back as the DC days.

And you even missed another point within a point I was making, in that Rockstar funded 100mil for GTA4, because that's what I was getting at too, with their success of the GTA games from 15yrs back they are now atleast ready to fund 100mil for a game because it is somewhat worth it.. does that not atleast say to you what a company is willing to do if they can see a return... as apposed to all these moaners saying companies are taking and conning us with cheap knock offs... or "betas" as one put it*rolls eyes*

And this goes hand in hand with movie making, how many movies over the years DID NOT see the return epected and have flopped at the box office?.. even big hitter sequels and series. And stop fucking saying GTA games arent good, they ARE fucking good. I fucking hate all these wannabe emo hardcore gamers thinking they know it all because they sit in their pyjamas with their stupid RPG's in the same over used fantasy world, with the same virgin loving sexual themed story line and pitiful sad musical scores they always seem content to want to buy on cd afterwards, yet they dis GTA....UGH....
    Wow. Great job there.

I could search Google, or you could just toss a source in a post without getting so upset.
    Last edited by Slacker Magician; 19th-August-2011 at 22:14.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

nowadays companies WONT take big risks like sega did with shenmue, besides that was a HORRIBLE example considering segas Current state after their demise/demotion to software developer rather than leadig console develeoper

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks

The current shift into gimmicks is far from over, I would think. Both Kinect and Move were a response to Nintendo's huge casual gamer following. The Wii U, Nintendo's gambit to do just the opposite- tap into the hardcore gamer following that both Sony and Microsoft now dominate - will definitely have a steep climb to reach the level of their competitor's successes. In five years, I predict that we will still stand divided between the Next Box and the PS4, while Nintendo will continue the same strategy that has kept them in busines for over 100 years... namely, ignoring market trends, and following their own agendas. Against this backdrop will be the PC gamers, who will continue MMORPGing well into the next decade. On the mobile front, third party developers will have an even larger presence on your phone and mobile device. I just hope that every game (that will be) developed on the NEXT Unreal Engine (and there will be dozens) won't look like carbon copies of one another. In short, I expect more of the same. The greatest/worst thing about the gaming indusrty is the sheer size and diversity of the consumer base. One one hand, this supports many different hardware platforms, insuring a large enough market for everyone. On the other hand, in order to satisfy this huge consumer base, the gaming industry leans to quantity-over-quality, cookie-cutter cloned games, often released without proper Beta testing, against crushing deadlines, or suffering from lackluster (or worse yet, nonexistent) support. That's how I see it......

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Also, with Shenmue they had started development before they realize the ship was sinking.

At that point, it was damage control. By releasing it they could at least make back some of the development cost.

This is also why SIII will never, ever, ever happen.

Thanks
    EP Points

Can't be arsed to read all that above, but:

http://www.npd.com/press/releases/press_080821.html - 6.2 million only in 2008. Apparently.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...ever-developed

So yeah, it did sell a shitton of copies. Still, Const. Rat needs to take a chill pill. Otherwise people won't ever take you seriously.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gare For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Jesus Christ, calm down.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shardnax View Post
    Wow. Great job there.

I could search Google, or you could just toss a source in a post without getting so upset.
    Oh Yeah no probs, how about the next time you take a crap you just sit there on the Shitter and phone me and I'll come over and wipe your ass for ya!!

nowadays companies WONT take big risks like sega did with shenmue, besides that was a HORRIBLE example considering segas Current state after their demise/demotion to software developer rather than leadig console develeoper
    OH, is it a "HORRIBLE" example, is it??.... And who the fuck mentioed RISK in those respects??.. all I did was say that GTA4 cost 100mil as an example against how it can be compared to big budget movies. I never said all games made cost an average of 100 mil or anything like that.

If you were to talk about "RISK" in the way you mean it, then how about Halo 3.. Halo 2 was a bad sequel, so isnt spending BIG like they did on Halo 3 a RISK??... but that isnt what I was going about saying in the first place anyhow, I'm only saying it as it goes directly against your bullshit "companies WONT take big risks" comment... well then theres another for the record... or is that just another "HORRIBLE" example?

My point is gaming companies with the right direction arent crapping out on people, and that can be seen in the big budget games... even typical games and sequels still cost a lot of mil and of course they hope to get a big return, what is the problem with that??.. at least they are willing to cough up the cash to make something of that cost. .. People like saying the GTA games are the same thing everytime. Still they triy to move it onwards and put 100 million into getting it made and out.. what exactly do people want or expect now a days??
    Last edited by Constipated Rat; 19th-August-2011 at 23:15.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by constipated rat
    Shaq Fu > GTA IV

I'd say something about wannabe thugs and GTA IV but there's no point.

Oh Yeah no probs, how about the next time you take a crap you just sit there on the Shitter and phone me and I'll come over and wipe your ass for ya!!
    Sourcing yourself isn't hard especially when you are taking 30+ minutes to type out your rage anyway.

OH, is it a "HORRIBLE" example, is it??.... And who the fuck mentioed RISK in those respects??.. all I did was say that GTA4 cost 100mil as an example against how it can be compared to big budget movies. I never said all games made cost an average of 100 mil or anything like that.

If you were to talk about "RISK" in the way you mean it, then how about Halo 3.. Halo 2 was a bad sequel, so isnt spending BIG like they did on Halo 3 a RISK??... but that isnt what I was going about saying in the first place anyhow, I'm only saying it as it goes directly against your bullshit "companies WONT take big risks" comment... well then theres another for the record... or is that just another "HORRIBLE" example?
    I'm waiting to see you make a post where you don't blow up. The way you present your posts just makes you look silly.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    Also, with Shenmue they had started development before they realize the ship was sinking.

At that point, it was damage control. By releasing it they could at least make back some of the development cost.

This is also why SIII will never, ever, ever happen.
    yes but Shenmue 2 was released on regular Xbox so it proves that its still possible for the 3rd, then again viewtiful joe has been a cliffhanger since forever....

Quote Originally Posted by Constipated Rat View Post

My point is gaming companies with the right direction arent crapping out on people, and that can be seen in the big budget games... even typical games and sequels still cost a lot of mil and of course they hope to get a big return, what is the problem with that??.. at least they are willing to cough up the cash to make something of that cost. .. People like saying the GTA games are the same thing everytime. Still they triy to move it onwards and put 100 million into getting it made and out.. what exactly do people want or expect now a days??
    seriously rat? normally im against calling people fanboys but your kinda acting like one, aside from that i NEVER said that you mentioned risk, I NEVER said anything regarding what you mentioned about the 100mil budget, as for Halo 2, you may not like it but it sure as hell sold well, and when a game sells well then it gets a sequel or re-release

all that aside NO ONE is trying to start a fight with you, you are just being rude, overbearing, and trying to pick a fight

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The 30 minute thing was a random number. You need to chill out man, you're wound up so tight.

Also, you're using faggot in a derogatory sense. What if I was a homosexual, would that actually change anything? I don't think so.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

pretty sure the fuck off was directed at me, besides doesnt ignore list just hide his posts from you?
    Entirely the point. For awhile he was funny but now it's just getting old.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well obviously I'm done posting towards him.

Thanks

Hopefully gaming doesn't end up in this thread in 5 years