Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Where do you see gaming in 5 years?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Lightbulb Where do you see gaming in 5 years?

Simple topic where do you see gaming in 5 years?

Me I think the gimmicks that are out there will have worn off (at least I hope so) maybe Nintendo will still be clinging to the Wii U, but the other 2 non casual machines will have dropped there Move and Kenetic by this point.

I would reckon there you be a mass revolt against Ubisoft and others that would try to use the Online Passport one time use code system and the system would have been removed by this time

360 would have an external blu-ray drive as games was taking far too much space and finally gave in to getting sony licencing for the drive, I also see that the 360 will have been through another hardware revision yet still doesnt fix the issues in the core design

Nintendo will have abandoned the 3DS and gone back to the drawing board making another DS to complement the DS, DS Lite, DSi and DSi XL

And Apple will have tried to make a break into portable gaming rivaling the PS Vita

These are my thoughts on what I think will happen what about you lot?

Thanks
    EP Points

Onlive will beat Steam in popularity.
    That is all.

Supreme Warrior Guest

we will see the same exact Crap, who can make the game with the best graphics, or the most retarded gimmick.

pretty much why I mainly play oldies nowadays.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Onlive will beat Steam in popularity.
    That is all.
    Doubt it, lol

Trolling fail btw

Thanks
    EP Points

Trolling? Really.
    Think about it.
    With OnLive and a decent internet connection, you can play new games on max settings with older comps.
    With Steam, the newer games must be play and lower settings, if at all, on older comps.

Thanks
    EP Points

Games will be downloadable only. Or if they haven't gone download only by then they'll ALL require an online pass to be able to get to the main menu.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    Games will be downloadable only. Or if they haven't gone download only by then they'll ALL require an online pass to be able to get to the main menu.
    I Dunno I think console gamers would revolt against that, or at least I hope so since thats some of the reason why console gamers choose consoles

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Trolling? Really.
    Think about it.
    With OnLive and a decent internet connection, you can play new games on max settings with older comps.
    With Steam, the newer games must be play and lower settings, if at all, on older comps.
    I Think OnLive has its place, but beat a service thats been in place for many more years and has built a great reputation and a hugely more vast selection of games (70-90 vs 1300 as of Feb of this year) is rather over estimating things.

Do I think Onlive will Pick up, Yea.
    Do I think Onlive will be popular with people that have very bad computers or no computer, yea
    Do I think Onlive will in 5 years become the number one online gaming store, no

Thanks

Don't know if my vision will take place within 5yrs, but somewhere between the next 5-10yrs I see PC gaming dead and Windows in general dead. Reason being all the portable "pad thingie's"(these will start making a huge mark over the coming years) as well as internet TV's and other things like super-uber smart phones, they will bring the Windows pc market to its death. Then with Mac and Linux now making an ongoing mark, they will be the the choice of OS for the "1" pc we will have, but use vaguely in the household... So computer gaming as a whole will be pointless due to the power of the consoles.(the Consoles will also have modern PC-like features, like proper superfast browsers and media players)

Consoles will also use a proprietary disk drive with about 500gb game disks. Panasonic or someone mentioned this a while ago, someone will pick up on it, and consoles will license these and obliterate piracy.... Nintendo will lose a lot of ground and Sony too, they will both team up again MS and EA(For an East vs West console war)

Smartphone gaming will obliterate the handhelds of today(this will take place maybe by about 10 yrs, but I believe it WILL happen))

We will still be using a controller like the ones of today. The gimmick stuff will die out.

Thanks
    EP Points

Probably the same as now, just more shiny and with more DRM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hopefully getting hit by another crash so we can just start fresh.

Thanks
    EP Points

Down the shit hole.

Games are to focused on looking nice and shiny, the shiny games sell the most, so the REALLY shiny get another game made, no new ground breaking ideas, just the same game in a different location just made shinier then before, and the dumbshit's will buy it, why because its pretty.

Game developers are scared to "try something new" and this is where the the problem lies.
    And then there is this:
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...rez-The-Cartel

Thanks

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

video-games-demotivational-poster-1219718457.jpg

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    I stop buying games and only pirate on that day.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    Down the shit hole.

Games are to focused on looking nice and shiny, the shiny games sell the most, so the REALLY shiny get another game made, no new ground breaking ideas, just the same game in a different location just made shinier then before, and the dumbshit's will buy it, why because its pretty.

Game developers are scared to "try something new" and this is where the the problem lies.
    And then there is this:
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...rez-The-Cartel
    Pretty much this, although now that I think about it, games aren't even getting actually shinier, they're just getting more gritty and brown. I guess the demand is high for FPS's, so that's about all we'll be getting. Not that there haven't been some gems lately, From Dust was awesome, I don't give a fuck what anybody says.

I'm still trying to figure out why the fuck they are remaking the first Halo.

Thanks

You'd be amazed how many of my FPS-crazy friends are actually excited for the Halo remake...

On another note, I don't see PC gaming going away for a long long time. I will never give up my PC for some stupid tablet or smart phone. Nothing lives up to the versatility and reliability of a PC right now, especially not tablets. A PC's also twice as useful than tablets for most other tasks like writing essays and browsing the web. Not to mention how many people get enjoymet out of PC gaming with a mouse and keyboard.