Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alexisonfire Split Up...

Thanks

Default Alexisonfire Split Up...

I'm not sure how many of you will even be fans of the wonderful Canadian post hardcore band Alexisonfire, but I thought "What the hell there's got to be some fans out there who know and love them."

As of yesterday, the 10 year long career of Alexisonfire, came to an end, with George Petit, the bands frontman, leaving a detailed and heartfelt letter on the bands website, TheOnlyBandEver, declaring that after much discussion and deliberation, they have decided to part ways, and leave Alexisonfire for good, as Dallas Green pursues his booming side project City & Colour, and Wade MacNeil takes the offer to join another band.

Over the past 10 years, I have been a huge fan of the ragtag bunch of friends, Alexisonfire, as they soared through the charts and won award after award in what seemed to be an unstoppable career, catching them numerous times in concert, meeting every member and loving every moment.
    But all good things must come to an end, and so the era of Alexisonfire has come to it's bitter end.

I just wanted to know any fans out there... What do you think of the split? Do you think they'll do a worldwide farewell tour even though they've only announced a Canada wide farewell tour? Do you think George is really retiring for good? And what do you think of Wade's possible move to Gallows?
    "Bright and cold, the flash of steel,
    Alone I roam over desolate fields,
    My sword, I no longer need,
    The evening wind will carry me home."

Pickles is offline dagnabbit! These dad-gum kids and their new-fangled gizzy-moes!
    Thanks

Aw really? I wasn't that into them but I knew a few songs. That sucks.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Good riddance.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

Is it Alex Is On Fire, Alexis On Fire, A Lex Is On Fire, or A Lexis On Fire?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shardnax View Post
    Good riddance.
    To bad rubbish.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    Don't compare Lexis to this trash!

I'm surprised they didn't split up sooner, the name alone is enough to cause brain damage.
    Last edited by Slacker Magician; 7th-August-2011 at 20:46.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shardnax View Post
    Don't compare Lexis to this trash!

I'm surprised they didn't split up sooner, the name alone is enough to cause brain damage.
    For some reason, with a name like that, I expected maybe a Power Metal or Prog Metal band. I sure was surprised....ugh...

Thanks
    EP Points

Who?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    Alexis On Fire.

And while they weren't my favourite band, I did enjoy their "Watch Out!" album. In particular the track "Side Walk When She Walks." Kind of sucks they broke up, but, in my opinion, it's not any huge loss.

Thanks

Yeah Watch Out! was their best work, and yeah it's outside of many people's tastes so I expect a bit of hate on 'em lolz. But that's everyone's preference I suppose...
    But I suppose that's why Dallas left, to make the big bucks in City & Colour with the everyday acoustic/alternative that little girls scream over...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Oh shit, I just now got it, the name of the band is Alex Is On Fire.

Thats almost like that band Iwrestledabearonce, as there name is I Wrestled A Bear Once.

Yeah, I don't get why bands do that. Might as well call themselves InABandButWeSuckAssFromAStrawForAreWannabeHardcore EmoFanbase.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ARProductions View Post
    Yeah, I don't get why bands do that. Might as well call themselves InABandButWeSuckAssFromAStrawForAreWannabeHardcore EmoFanbase.

Alexisonfire are admittedly post-hardcore they even state this... And emo-core or screamo is completely different to post hardcore, but I suppose the musically retarded wouldn't know genre differences. The wanna be hardcore you reference is that of Bring Me The Horizon and Suicide Silence.. They actually call themselves hardcore when they are in fact post hardcore... Adding a guy screaming who sounds like a girl and a synth automatically drops the band into post hardcore... but these fags in their tight jeans with their straightened hair and emotional issues can't help but cling to a genre far out of their league...

Real hardcore still lives on though, in bands like Sick Of It All and The Ghost Inside... But.. hey what would you care? You probably can't tell the difference anyways... I mean you probably would call The Dead Kennedys a punk band.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ToBreakOne View Post
    Alexisonfire are admittedly post-hardcore they even state this... And emo-core or screamo is completely different to post hardcore, but I suppose the musically retarded wouldn't know genre differences. The wanna be hardcore you reference is that of Bring Me The Horizon and Suicide Silence.. They actually call themselves hardcore when they are in fact post hardcore... Adding a guy screaming who sounds like a girl and a synth automatically drops the band into post hardcore... but these fags in their tight jeans with their straightened hair and emotional issues can't help but cling to a genre far out of their league...

Real hardcore still lives on though, in bands like Sick Of It All and The Ghost Inside... But.. hey what would you care? You probably can't tell the difference anyways... I mean you probably would call The Dead Kennedys a punk band.
    I was talking more about IWrestledABearOnce then Alexisonfire.

Also, The Dead Kennedys are hardcore punk, at least that is what I hear them labeled as.

Also Suicide Silence are Deathcore, not Hardcore, big difference.

I am guessing you took offense of my bashing of a shitty band?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ARProductions View Post
    I was talking more about IWrestledABearOnce then Alexisonfire.

Also, The Dead Kennedys are hardcore punk, at least that is what I hear them labeled as.

Also Suicide Silence are Deathcore, not Hardcore, big difference.

I am guessing you took offense of my bashing of a shitty band?
    Lol deathcore... Too many cores bro. Seriously you can add a word plus core and have a new genre... like beercore and mathcore...

There's just too much sub-genres these days you can't tell what the fuck you're listening to without checking each chord progression, song length, vocal style and tuning of instruments against a detailed chart.

And nah man, it was over calling them hardcore when they state they aren't... And I had no idea about Suicide Silence, last i heard of them they were still calling themselves hardcore, but I suppose they took the path of White Chapel and wanted to be more awesome and more depressive than ever.

And it says you listen to Metal so I am really interested every time you post in the songs you're currently listening to thread. Haha...

And I don't know what's with the recent strange indie band names like IWrestledABearOnce, but there's a whole bunch of retarded names bands out there like !!! and The The. So I suppose it's to be expected that they'd just think that the space between words is too mainstream and just cut it out of their bands name. Damn hipsters...

Anyways... Peace. Sorry for getting snarky... It happens at 6am after 0 sleep... -shakes head-

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ToBreakOne View Post
    Lol deathcore... Too many cores bro. Seriously you can add a word plus core and have a new genre... like beercore and mathcore...

There's just too much sub-genres these days you can't tell what the fuck you're listening to without checking each chord progression, song length, vocal style and tuning of instruments against a detailed chart.

And nah man, it was over calling them hardcore when they state they aren't... And I had no idea about Suicide Silence, last i heard of them they were still calling themselves hardcore, but I suppose they took the path of White Chapel and wanted to be more awesome and more depressive than ever.

And it says you listen to Metal so I am really interested every time you post in the songs you're currently listening to thread. Haha...

And I don't know what's with the recent strange indie band names like IWrestledABearOnce, but there's a whole bunch of retarded names bands out there like !!! and The The. So I suppose it's to be expected that they'd just think that the space between words is too mainstream and just cut it out of their bands name. Damn hipsters...

Anyways... Peace. Sorry for getting snarky... It happens at 6am after 0 sleep... -shakes head-
    Only core genres I know of are, Deathcore, Hardcore, Metalcore, Mathcore, Nintencore (fuck if I know), and Grindcore

As for Suicide Silence, I am not much into many Deathcore bands, but I like a few of their songs.

A lot of bands will be more then one genre, especially in metal. It all depends really by album. Some bands change it up quite a bit.

As for the Dead Kennedys, I have always felt them as being Punk, still a great band though.

Also yep, I listen to metal, I also listen to Classic Rock, Hard Rock (good bands), Punk/Horror Punk, Rockabilly/Outlaw Country. So it all depends on what I am listening to, and what I am feeling that day.

You say you are interested in what I am listening to lately? Well it's been a mixture of bands, Judas Priest, Halford, Fight (going to see Priest in October, so I been on a kick lately) Type O Negative, Bone Gnawer, Helloween, Accept, U.D.O, Grave Robber (horror punk), Yngwie Malmsteen, Destroyer 666, and I could name more. As you can see, quite a few metal bands in that list. With the exception of Grave Robber.