Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Of black bombers and blue language (or Hypnos LPs Megaman & Bass)*

Thanks

Default Of black bombers and blue language (or Hypnos LPs Megaman & Bass)*

Since Drag has covered the main classic run + X1-3 and Ray is busy butchering his time and sanity whilst hacking away at the Zero and ZX games, it falls to the rest of us to finish up the remainder. And by the rest of us, I mean me. Because $deity knows Ivolt isn't gonna get shit done anytime soon.

So lets lay things out.

MM&B is actually the last of the classic Megaman games in release order - released on the SNES right at the end of its lifespan, even after MM8 had been released for the Playstation and Saturn then later rereleased on the GBA. Then later again translated and released outside Japan as part of the 15th anniversary celebrations for the squeaking robot midget. Its also (re)introduces multiple player characters to the series though unlike the X games you can't switch midplaythrough, you're stuck with your initial choice for the entire game. This is a MM playthrough so I'll lay out the differences you wouldn't otherwise get to see: MM is standard MM - slide, charge shot and all. Bass has no charge shot or slide but has a dash, a double jump, a better fire rate and can actually fire in directions other than straight forward. He just can't run and gun like the blue bomber.

The powerup system from MM8 sort of makes a return here, but since regular enemies drop screws you can grind to your hearts content and nail whatever powerups you want. The collection part of the game instead features the CD pickups, kind of like the trophies in Super Smash Bros. There's 100 of them and luckily they carrover across multiple playthroughs because many of them are only accessible with one character.

Its also non-canon, depending on how you look at things. Its supposed to coincide timeline wise with MM9 and the events are mutually exclusive.

So with the usual shit out of the way, lets get it on.

This starts at video 2, since my recording of the intro stage crashed and burned like an amateur pilot. A later run of this will be edited into this post once I get around to doing the audio for it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr Mario For This Useful Post:

Thanks

First victim: Cold Man

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

"Get impaled by a giant ice dildo."

I'm so glad someone else chose to do this. It's a relatively entertaining game, but I really dislike the Mega Man classic series with that those sprite sheets. Mega Man is fuckhuge, and he just... doesn't feel as mobile as he should.

Also, I want to your accent.

... no homo.

[ edit ] Oh, and it really wasn't until the X series that they started doing intro scenes. That then carried over to the classic series (well, what was left of it. 7, 8, and this game) because apparently someone really liked intro levels as a general start up. Which I suppose works. Pretty sure you just misspoke, but I feel like being a prick and correcting things.
    Last edited by Drageuth; 5th-August-2011 at 04:21.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    [ edit ] Oh, and it really wasn't until the X series that they started doing intro scenes. That then carried over to the classic series (well, what was left of it. 7, 8, and this game) because apparently someone really liked intro levels as a general start up. Which I suppose works. Pretty sure you just misspoke, but I feel like being a prick and correcting things.
    It's addictive, aint it?

And thus things go full circle

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    It's addictive, aint it?

And thus things go full circle

OH GOD I'M TURNING INTO RAY!!

Thanks

and Burner Man takes a dive.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The "riot shield guys" are called Sniper Joe.
    Other than that, this is a helluva lot more entertaining than all of mine.

Thanks

Next up, Pirate Man walks the plank. And by plank, I mean megamans phallic imagery armanent.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That was surprisingly lacking in phallic imagery, considering Burner Man put you on the business end of several robotic glory holes.

Thanks

If it makes things any better, Ground Man does appear to have a pair of large brown ones strapped to his shoulders. And a number of impaling spike attacks.

edit: Just for you, I'll redo the audio to Ground Man and ensure it has all the phallic references it deserves.
    Last edited by Dr Mario; 9th-August-2011 at 09:22.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    That was surprisingly lacking in phallic imagery, considering Burner Man put you on the business end of several robotic glory holes.
    Thank God. I thought I just wasn't looking hard enough.

And believe me, I looked.

Thanks

Speaking of Ground Man, here he is:

And at this point, I've caught up to my prerecorded stock. Expect things to slow down a bit from here on in.

Thanks

Tengu Man is down, repeat, Tengu Man is down.

Thanks

Well, due to some interesting issues I've now effectively lost footage for both Astro Man and Magic Man. So this project is going on hold until I can figure out where to go from here.

Thanks

After a long delay and realising that I have no way at all to salvage said footage, here's Dynamo Man and a promise to record bossless runthroughs of Magic Man and Astro Man in the near future.