Thread: Lets Play! Absolute Crap D: (Mini LP's Subtitled)*

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Lets Play! Absolute Crap D: (Mini LP's Subtitled)*

Decided Id so some Silent Subtitled Mini Lets Play's or at least as much as I can stand as these would be on what id personally consider terrible games. I'll be doing all sorts of formats or at least that is my plan.

To Kick it off

A.I.M. Racing - PC Steam
    Developer: SkyRiver Studios
    Publisher: 1C Company

Problems

*Awful Default control layout for controllers
    *Unable to use triggers for anything
    *Unable to map the control well
    *Quite uncontrollable

Video:
    Last edited by Kouen Hasuki; 4th-August-2011 at 18:58.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Alpha Prime

PC Steam

Developer: Black Element
    Publisher: Meridian4
    Released 7th Nov 07

Problems
    * Feedback from getting hit is not there, no jerking or even that much of a red indicator to show your being hurt
    * VERY poor voice acting although Paolo was awesome in a shit way (he is in the video)
    * Rubbish Pick up and place puzzles
    * Picking up sometimes wont work
    * Tired Storyline of a Evil Company, Coverup ect ect
    * Sometimes hard to get through windows or crawl spaces

Although in its defense its the studio's first game and its a decent attempt, graphics are not too bad even if animation is a bit off at least they priced it well enough also (5€ / $5)

Thanks

A.I.M looks painful to play.. I feel sorry you went through the effort of it. But at least you finished the race! =D

And the voice acting in the Alpha Prime game made me skip through parts just for it to be over... Got any more coming soon? I'm excited for the next terrible installment!

Oh my god finally got to the Paolo part... best actor ever. A little more painful to hear than the Assasins Creed bad voice acting... But I find myself cracking up at this guy.
    Last edited by ToBreakOne; 8th-August-2011 at 18:55. Reason: Paolo interjection
    "Bright and cold, the flash of steel,
    Alone I roam over desolate fields,
    My sword, I no longer need,
    The evening wind will carry me home."

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm sorry you used a controller for PC gaming. I hope you never again make such an egregious error.

Most of the reason to use a PC for gaming is for decent controls, e.g. Mouse and Keyboard. Controllers are like taking the steering wheel out of a Ferrari and trying to drive it telekinetically. It just doesn't work.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

Using a modern controller for racing games > keyboard and mouse.

Its hard to trump having multiple analog sources for smoothness in control.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    I'm sorry you used a controller for PC gaming. I hope you never again make such an egregious error.

Most of the reason to use a PC for gaming is for decent controls, e.g. Mouse and Keyboard. Controllers are like taking the steering wheel out of a Ferrari and trying to drive it telekinetically. It just doesn't work.
    Depends on the games, Really Racing games on Keyboard and mouse make me want to puke... especially verses Pressure sensative triggers of a 360 controller so i can control my acceleration and braking with more than ALL or NONE also that goes for steering too I dont like the All or Nothing Aspect.

FPS Games and the like are fine on Keyboard and mouse but racing games and some action games are just better on controllers

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

To Mix it up a bit...

A Cell Phone Game! now we know there all kinda crappy...

BUT! This is one of the ones that take the whole cake and biscuit tin

Thanks
    EP Points

Recon city hahaha What a pile of Sh*te haha.

How DARE they use FF music, surely they can get sued for that, unless its slightly changed

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DARKLINKY View Post
    Recon city hahaha What a pile of Sh*te haha.

How DARE they use FF music, surely they can get sued for that, unless its slightly changed
    Its a Chinese knock off, nuff said really

Thanks

that zombie game looks like shit.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks

yes but busy with gaming.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

New one!

Nelson Piquet's Grand Prix Evolution

Now this may or may not feature on King and my Fail LP thread but it also deserves a spot here too (and just in case we think in the end not to do this game)

What is wrong with this one? well it has 0% fun right off the bat the AI couldn't keep up and I was not driving well at all, which was mostly due to the fact its almost uncontrollable. there is no music even though it is actually referenced in the options and as you can tell its just a complete rip off of F-Zero and Wipeout just without the feeling of speed, weapons, fun, music, difficulty outside horrid controls or anything else for that matter.

The Irony strikes me is the fact that who ever this Nelson Piquet is, he actually put his name to this pile of rubbish the only logical reason I can think of was he never got to see the finished product... although then again who ever this guy was must have been bored in his house and looked down and saw his Super Nintendo with F-Zero in the cart slot and over to his Playstation and saw the Wipeout case sitting ontop of his Playstation and said to himself "AH HA!"

I Bought this as part of a 4 pack of racing games on eBay for about £1.39 with free shipping and thought it could be a good laugh for this thread and in that it has not disappointed at all, there is not even 1 half playable game on this disc but hey it amused me to think how bad games can get since all of them seem to be something 1 guy threw together in his basement in a short amount of time (I Say this because 3 of the 4 games are kinda almost the same or at least are very close to each other and running on the same poor engine)... come to think of it i think what the eBay seller paid in Shipping was more than £1.39....