Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If Star Fox 64 3D doesn't sell well, it is the end of the series ~ Miyamoto

Thanks
    EP Points

Exclamation If Star Fox 64 3D doesn't sell well, it is the end of the series ~ Miyamoto

Miyamoto: Star Fox will be reborn if people buy 3DS remake. The future of series depends on success of Star Fox 64 3D

Shigeru Miyamoto has admitted that he needs first-time players to pick up Star Fox 64 3D in order for the series to be reborn.

During a revealing Iwata Asks discussion, Miyamoto said: "I told Dylan-san (Dylan Cuthbert, Star Fox co-creator) that if this game wasn't interesting, I couldn't make any more Star Fox games! I said, "If first-time players like this game, Star Fox will be reborn!" That's how much I'm counting on this one game!

"So if there's anyone out there who wants to look at the future, please play this! (laughs)"

There hasn't been a brand new Star Fox game since Star Fox Command was released for DS in 2007. It seems that if you want any more Star Fox games to be released in the future, Star Fox 64 3D needs to be a success.

Are you going to buy Star Fox 64 when it's released next month? Read the new issue of Official Nintendo Magazine to find out if you should.
    Too bad this remake has almost NO effert put into it. Really, how do they expect this to sell?!
    Shigeru Miyamoto has admitted that he needs first-time players to pick up Star Fox 64 3D in order for the series to be reborn.
    So i guess he's expecting people who didn't play the N64 version, to buy this. This is quite bad. I mean, sure there was a flood of new gamers during the ps2 days, but will it be enough to keep the series going? People who have played this game before and are following this, are more than likely are NOT going to pick it up.

As i said, this almost has NO effort put into the game, whats new? the graphics, 3D, and thats it. No added content, along with NO ONLINE PLAY, what the hell are they thinking?! Nintendo, This isn't the 1800's, put online play in. At this day and age, it should be as common as multiplayer. Star Fox 64 can be beaten within a matter of hours, and they are going to charge full price for a game with little replay value. Plus them new gamers are all about online too.

I never cared for the series, but saying, this half assed port MUST sell well, or its the end, they are just shooting the series in the face, without even giving it a chance.

Thanks

SF64 actually has a lot of replay value, given that you won't see more than 1/3rd or so of the levels on any given playthrough.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I have no clue how 3DS sales are. If sales on the console are good, then the four games they have should sell well too. So far though, I have only seen DS's in hands. My brother is buying one buuuuut....Only after the price drops, which I assume is the view of most everyone else.

Thanks

If they want the 3DS to do well, and the Nintendo game series' as well, they'd do best to make ORIGINAL games and not more of this remake garbage. They already know Star Fox has potential, they don't need us to tell them that. This kind of illogical thinking is why Nintendo is doing poorly right now.

Thanks

I remember picking up Star Fox: Subtitle Whatever on the Gamecube. I hadn't heard much about it, but I'd loved the SNES version. I popped it into the machine, only to discover a mediocre third-person shooter.

I think there were two more Star Fox games released after that, and none of them were even the same genre as the first two (great) games. Then the 3DS comes out, and they announce Star Fox... 64. As if it weren't almost 15 years old. As If they hadn't already released it on the Virtual Console a couple of years ago. And still no online multiplayer? This game is literally a relic from another century.

Bonus points for trying to extort $40 from your most loyal fans. Most people have a hard time holding their own work hostage. If we pass on this 15 year old remake (straight port?), then they won't bother making a new Star Fox. And even if we do, they might pull a Capcom, and cancel it anyway. It's like the 3DS development teams have some deadly allergy to making new content. Maybe 3D graphics are eating up all the development budgets?

At first I was excited about this price price-drop business, but I still can't find anything worth spending $170+$40 on. Even the Shin Megami Tensei game is a remake. That's right: They're remaking a 2DS game for the 3DS, and then releasing a sequel to that game on the 2DS early next year. Rayman, Ridge Racer, Mercenaries, and Street Fighter are all cheaper on other systems. The biggest titles are all vintage 1997. Every time I read something about this system, I bang my head against my desk.

They must have given publishers about six months warning about the 3DS, and all anyone had time to do was port something over and reuse old code with new graphics.

Thanks

I guess we can bid Star Fox farewell because I honestly do not see this game selling well enough to satisfy Nintendo. Leaving out online multiplayer was a grave mistake for a game of this sort.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fugsnarf View Post
    If they want the 3DS to do well, and the Nintendo game series' as well, they'd do best to make ORIGINAL games and not more of this remake garbage. They already know Star Fox has potential, they don't need us to tell them that. This kind of illogical thinking is why Nintendo is doing poorly right now.
    They don't know that. There hasn't been a traditional Starfox game in several console generations and behind-the-ship shooters haven't been massive sellers for the most part. Especially not on handhelds.

Thanks

Money, money, money. It's always about the money. Maybe if they focused more on content and innovation and having some fun as a gamer, they'd make more money in the long run.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

But ya Given the very bad sales of the unit unless every 3DS owner gets it and it hauls in a good chunk of users, we can kiss starfox goodbye

Its a shame it was a good game, but Nintendo is not learning we dont want to play the same OLD games we want to play NEW games (Actually Sega have that issue too except unlike Nintendo's new games which are always a hit most of Sega's new games are mostly a miss ) Im just waiting for "Super Mario 64 DS 3D"

Let me put it out there as im considered a Nintendo Hater : the 3DS has potential but as of right now its being wasted as a Remake console with a 3D Gimmick added it needs Nintendo's Touch in an Original Game

Last edited by Kouen Hasuki; 4th-August-2011 at 08:52.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kouen Hasuki For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    I have no clue how 3DS sales are. If sales on the console are good, then the four games they have should sell well too. So far though, I have only seen DS's in hands. My brother is buying one buuuuut....Only after the price drops, which I assume is the view of most everyone else.
    I made the mistake of buying a 3ds on the second week of release (if u look in the the pawn shop i have it for trade) the games are rubbish, apart from the augmented reality stuff that come preloaded on the system. The internet and multiplayer service was not avalible from the start day (dont know if its working now) and the price was redunculus lol. I only bought it for the legend of zelda remake and you know what. I havnt even bought the game yet because i really dont care now. Anyway i love starfox origonally. I hope the game does well but to be honest does anyway really car about starfox anymore?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

This series peaked with the unreleased SNES game.

What they should have done from the start is fucking release that with better graphics.

Thanks

Not to be off topic, but i'm surprised that Crapcom didn't try to remake megaman legends 1 and 2 instead of "attempting" to go for an original game. That being said, i'm pretty sure that the 3ds port of star fox wont sell, and super mario 64 will go even worse. It's not like Starfox 64 had a ds port or anything.

Hail to the king baby!

Thanks
    EP Points

They can't with legends, because they are too lazy to find new voice actors, which is the reason its not on PSN.)atleast in America)

also at the video, lol,
    i'm black, awwww!

anyway, yeah, its dumb, but Nintendo might have been joking, but sarcasm translates badly on the internet.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

GOTTA LOVE HOW THIS WORTHLESS-OVERTLY-GIMMICKY SYSTEM KILLS NOT ONE, BUT TWO EXCELLENT FRANCHISES!!

FUCK THE 3DS, FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

WHAT'S NEXT, METROID MAYBE?!

Yes, I'm angry.
    I am Mega Man, I'm blue and cyan - the creation of Dr Light (or Right, if you're from Japan)
    Also known as Rockman

My Mega Buster can cut the mustard, I'm a flustered amputee
    POW POW!
    Eight robot bosses in eight levels dishevel and revel in devilry,
    I'll steal their weaponry!

I am also known as the "Blue Bomber"
    I could shoot the legs off Jeffrey Dahmer
    Kill a robot fish, kill a robot frog,
    and then I ride off on my robot dog...

JOIN THE SHMUP MANIACS! Arcade & home console 2D shmups!

vThanks button, down herev

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SpiralPegasus View Post
    Yes, I'm angry.
    You're also dim.

Legends was all Capcom's decision, the system it was supposed too be on has nothing to do with that.

EDIT: My bad, forgot what thread this was. That said, the "you're dim" part still stands. Besides, Star Fox was dead by the time Assault hit.