Thread: So now that I have Free Mcboot, what all can I do?

Thanks

Default So now that I have Free Mcboot, what all can I do?

I finally got around to installing Free Mcboot last night. It works wonderfully. I installed it mainly to play my DVD9 backups. I won't need it for my DVD5 games because they are already burned for simple use with the Swap Magic discs. Anyway, I have Free Mcboot 1.8, and it has the following options:

Browser
    System Configuration
    uLaunchELF
    ESR
    HD Loader
    Simple Media System
    Launch Disc
    Reload Configuration
    Free Mcboot Configurator

I'm not sure what all of these do yet. I assume ESR is needed to play my ESR patched games, and uLaunchELF is used to well, launch ELFS. But I dont know what an ELF is. I was told with this I can play classic games with emulators. Is there a good link where I can browse and see what my options are used for and see what all I can do with this? Don;t get me wrong, I can now play my DVD9 backups, but I think it would be cool to use a few more features if possible

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by justash420 View Post
    I finally got around to installing Free Mcboot last night. It works wonderfully. I installed it mainly to play my DVD9 backups. I won't need it for my DVD5 games because they are already burned for simple use with the Swap Magic discs. Anyway, I have Free Mcboot 1.8, and it has the following options:

Browser
    System Configuration
    uLaunchELF
    ESR
    HD Loader
    Simple Media System
    Launch Disc
    Reload Configuration
    Free Mcboot Configurator

I'm not sure what all of these do yet. I assume ESR is needed to play my ESR patched games, and uLaunchELF is used to well, launch ELFS. But I dont know what an ELF is. I was told with this I can play classic games with emulators. Is there a good link where I can browse and see what my options are used for and see what all I can do with this? Don;t get me wrong, I can now play my DVD9 backups, but I think it would be cool to use a few more features if possible
    An ELF is the PS2 executable format. SKSApps has a lot of ELFs, as does Zophar's Domain.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.