Thread: PSX .BIN/.CUE archive will not play on console

Thanks

Default PSX .BIN/.CUE archive will not play on console

I recently downloaded a PSX archive with .BIN and .CUE files; however, when I try and burn them (with pretty much any program - Astroburn, ImgBurn, DVD Decrypter, CloneCD, and Alcohol 120%, as well as some I can't even remember at this point) they won't play on my PSX. They're burned on a regular 700 MB CD-R at 16x. I also have tried to burn different image formats, including .IMG, .SUB, and .CCD. The only format I can't seem to find is .ISO. However, any and all suggestions as to how I could get this to work would be appreciated.

Also, as a side note: I have previously burned a different PSX game in .ISO format and it plays perfectly.

Thanks
    EP Points

First of all, I've never heard of a burned PSX game running on a regular PSX... as far as I know, you ALWAYS either have to mod it with a chip, use a GameShark, or Disk-swap it.

Second (although ImgBurn should do this for you), are you trying to burn the .Bin to the disk? If I remember correctly, you just burn the .cue.

Third, you may have to change the burn speed. I'm kind of fuzzy on the specifics (been a long time since my Disk-swapping days), but the highest possible speed is probably what you need.

Fourth, always check to see if the game runs on an emulator first before trying to run it on a console. pSXfin (or simply pSX) is probably the easiest to use.

Also, this thread might belong here instead. EDIT: Thanks to whoever moved this.
    Last edited by Alakazander; 30th-July-2011 at 10:00.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alakazander For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

you need to burn it at the slowest speed not the fastest, but alak is right about the rest of the points
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennieboi20 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bennieboi20 View Post
    you need to burn it at the slowest speed not the fastest, but alak is right about the rest of the points
    Now that I think about it, that was pretty dumb of me...

Anyways, hopefully between me and Bennieboi20 you can find the answer to your problem.

Thanks

Haha, okay so I feel like an idiot. Turns out the image files were corrupted: I tried the same method with a different game, and it works. Thanks to you both for the help~