Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3DS Price Drop [Free Games!]

Thanks
    EP Points

Default 3DS Price Drop [Free Games!]

An exciting message for people who own a Nintendo 3DS and those who want to:

Nintendo of America today announced plans to drop the suggested retail price of its portable Nintendo 3DS™ system to $169.99 in the United States. The new price takes effect Aug. 12 and makes an outstanding value even better.

Building on the popularity of The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time™ 3D, which launched June 19, the upcoming game calendar for Nintendo 3DS is a Who's Who of iconic video game franchises. Star Fox 64™ 3D arrives on Sept. 9, followed by Super Mario™ 3D Land in November, Mario Kart™ 7 in December and Kid Icarus™: Uprising during the holiday season.

And don't forget that Nintendo 3DS has a bunch of fun features, including Nintendo Video™, the Nintendo eShop and access to Netflix, that make it a must-have video game system.

But what about the 830,000 of you who already own a Nintendo 3DS? You're some of Nintendo's most loyal customers, and we're rewarding you for getting in on the action early with not one, not 10, but 20 free downloadable games from the Nintendo eShop! Here's how it works:

The 20 free games are available to anyone who owns a Nintendo 3DS system and uses a wireless broadband Internet signal to connect to the Nintendo eShop at least once before 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Aug. 11. These users will automatically be registered in the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador program. The program contains two elements:

1. Starting Sept. 1, Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors will be able to download 10 NES™ Virtual Console™ games at no charge and before they are available in the Nintendo eShop to the general public. These games, including Super Mario Bros.™, Donkey Kong Jr.™, Balloon Fight™, Ice Climber™ and The Legend of Zelda™, are slated to become paid downloadable games, but Ambassadors get them early for free. Once the paid versions of the games are posted to the Nintendo eShop later in the year, the updated versions will be available to Ambassadors for download at no cost.

2. By the end of 2011, Nintendo will provide Ambassadors with 10 Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games. These include games like Yoshi's Island™: Super Mario™ Advance 3, Mario Kart™: Super Circuit, Metroid™ Fusion, WarioWare™, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ and Mario vs. Donkey Kong™. These games will be available exclusively to Ambassadors, and Nintendo currently has no plans to make these 10 games available to the general public on the Nintendo 3DS in the future.

More details about this program will be announced in the future.

It's a great time to own a Nintendo 3DS!

--Your Friends at Nintendo of America
    source: http://www.nintendo.com/corp/nintendo3ds/news/

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nintendo, making things affordable .

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shardnax View Post
    Nintendo, making things affordable .
    also sounding a lil desperate this short after release

Thanks
    EP Points

Wow, I may actually pick one up. Never owned a DS before, my last handheld from Nintendo was a GBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    also sounding a lil desperate this short after release
    Haha, I was thinking the same thing. Less than 1million sales worldwide does seem below Nintendo's standards.

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,269 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

I remember the UK release of the N64. It came out at £250, it was knocked down to £150 after only six weeks.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

And yet I still don't want one, because there is not a single game for the thing that I want.

Supreme Warrior Guest

Damn, thats great news, too bad developers are dropping it like yesterdays trash

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It just makes my eyes go funny with 3D Mode enabled so id have to have it off all the time, and at that point I may as well have a DSi well the primary reason anyone would want one is for the 3D

I Can see the 3DS is going downhill fast with a game lineup that is less than stellar one of the best titles is a Re Released slightly tweaked Master Quest version of OOT which in itself was a tweaked / Variant of the original game so does it makes it a Re-Re-Re release? or a Retweak of a Re Release?

Then they announce there going to Re Release more old titles made me lol, Im all for older games n all that good stuff but ya this seems a lil desperate from Nintendo... Wonder if this "3D" console will suffer the same fate as the Virtual Boy did it seems to give similar effects to players

Supreme Warrior Guest

Ya Kouen, seems like they are just trying to save money by re releasing old games at the price of...$40 a pop

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The only 3DS title I want is Kid Icarus, and I alreadfy know that it'll suck. Nintendo has next to nothing to repackage when it comes to that IP, so they'll have to... GASP... come up with ORIGINAL MATERIAL. And originality isn't Nintendo's strong suit these days.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Wait wait wait. Wtf does it mean by "Ambassadors?" So the public doesn't get the GOOD GBA games? That pisses me off.

Thanks

will the ambassador program be avail. in europe too?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GameHelpOnline View Post
    Wait wait wait. Wtf does it mean by "Ambassadors?" So the public doesn't get the GOOD GBA games? That pisses me off.
    It would seems so, at least their will be access to the NES games.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GameHelpOnline View Post
    Now thats what you call butt fucking from nintendo... I think this be the 2nd worst after the whole "your analog stick will wear out in under 6 months of regular use" n64 controllers

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Now thats what you call butt fucking from nintendo... I think this be the 2nd worst after the whole "your analog stick will wear out in under 6 months of regular use" n64 controllers
    I had controllers last for years before I sold my first N64, and the analog worked fine on all my controllers.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.