Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Counting Sheep: The Vincent Brooks Story (Or: Ray LPs Catherine)*

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    About that certain revelation, it's not a plot-related thing, it just... comes out of left field. Kind of.

Anyway, shit's gonna get more complicated than this later on.

Also, I might've totally missed something, but I don't recall you ever checking the bathroom in the bar. It's nothing major, but stuff happens if you wash your face before each nightmare sequence.

Edit: The audio's perfect this time, by the way. And yes, there is a "third option", though I haven't really bothered to look up how you go about unlocking it.
    I have. The walls bleed for a moment and then the Pharos knockoff starts taunting you while a brief image of a monster flashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy
    if you get "love is over" (game over) he DOES end up in a duffle bag, theres a cutscene for it, and i mean lose ALL your continues, also thank you for the tips on the traps and pillows, very handy, though i ted to let the sheep live for lols and supposedly higher score
    I'll have to attempt wasting all my extra lives at some point to see this.

Thanks
    EP Points

also at one level, i think its level 4 theres a pillow the second you start the level, if you grab it and hit retry level you get another pillow (i now have 99 lives)

oh and if you die once and quit game at the game over menu i think it still shows the cutscene

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

And the week wears on with more drinking and plenty of climbing.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

More video. Ice levels happen. OH GOD WHY and so forth.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

OH GOD, ICE LEVELS. WHY. WHYWHYWHY. WHY.

Yeah, I messed up. A LOT. In my defense, ICE LEVEL. Hopefully the next one won't be half as unforgiving. I'm hoping it'll be themed around bunnies and kittens.

But in reality, I'm expecting some sort of fire level. Or a jungle!

Thanks
    EP Points

i just beat that level lol, it was really easy compared to the other 4, yet really fun

Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I had the most trouble out of all the levels so far with this one.

Probably because I kept accidentally trying to play it like the other 4, in between bouts of thinking there are blocks where there aren't blocks. Really needed to take my time more.

Area 4 seemed the easiest so far. But that's probably me.

(More videos probably coming tomorrow/next day. Got sidetracked today. May happen again tomorrow. Prior commitments and all that.)

Thanks
    EP Points

i just beat the game, and if your meter is all the way good the ending is AWESOME and im not spoiling anything unless requested also, the hardest level is near the end (prolly obvious though)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by luffy4 View Post
    and if your meter is all the way good evil the ending is AWESOME
    Fixed. Being the ultimate demon pimp of the underworld > all other endings.

(Yes, there are spoilers in there. Don't say I didn't warn you. )

Also, haha, ice levels. Because no matter what game it is, I've never been the biggest fan of slippery shit.

Thanks
    EP Points

honestly the spikes and living things bug the shit out of me more than the ice, except on the level where
    Spoiler warning:
    you fight your inner self (second last boss)

also
    Spoiler warning:
    Erica being a guy is pretty funny lol
    also
    Spoiler warning:
    is Toby actually Astaroth and did it hint as such at any point?

did anyone notice that the two lead femal voice actresses, both play major roles in disgaea as well? (Catherine=Raspberyl Katherine=Etna)
    Last edited by luffy4; 6th-August-2011 at 02:01.

Thanks
    EP Points

I totally love how Chopin's Death March is playing in the background when Katherine is telling Vincent she may be pregnant. Especially considering how I'd feel if I thought something similar was happening to me.

I'm a little bit behind, as I've just finished the third video, but it's funny how immersive these LPs can be. I mean, I was a little annoyed for a split second that I was going to have to plug my controller in at one point. Of course, that may also have something to do with my being sleep deprived.

Edit~ Actually, I guess the march doesn't start until Katherine starts asking about the phone call he's just gotten in the middle of their conversation. But that's beside the point.
    Last edited by Milady; 10th-August-2011 at 01:34.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not content to let a little ice level keep me down, I return after a brief break during which I completed other games. And then clock towers happened.

Thanks
    EP Points

how many games did you beat in the mean time? catherine is pretty short

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

And now we finish that damned clock tower. Someone got an upgrade!

In closing.

FUCKING ANTS. ARGH!

/every LP ever

Quote Originally Posted by luffy4 View Post
    how many games did you beat in the mean time? catherine is pretty short
    Three. Although in my defense one of those took around 20 hours. Which was considerably more than I estimated upon deciding to complete it before going back to this LP.

Also, other stuff happened. Like dubbing over a couple hours worth of footage for another project and helping someone navigate the murky waters of class registration. And it's not so much that Catherine is a long game as it is doing LP work gets a little tiring so I only tend to play a couple hours at a time, lest I wind up with absurd quantities of video to play around with. Were I not recording this, the game would've been finished in a day or two.

/sidenote: I should do more LPs since it extends the life of my games. MONEY SAVING STRATEGIES!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

More videos. Huge delay, because life and such but believe me it hurts a lot to not be playing this game right this instant. As for this set, a lot of climbing right now (Night 7 goes on for-fucking-ever). The second video cuts off rather abruptly due to audio issues that destroyed approximately 2 hours of footage. I re-recorded that part of the game and I'll be uploading that when it's ready (sidenote: SO. FUCKING. AWESOME.). I could take a while since it's a little on the long side and will probably take a while to upload. But for now, these tower climbing and sheep chatting videos will have to do.