Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Great Job Crapcom! Megaman Legends 3 and Prototype officially cancelled.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton Fischer View Post
    A fan will always praise the products they like, and I gave my example. I asked if the Legend series is good, so I could play the games. I could test by myself, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
    They're really good. Give em a try. They were Inafune's favorite Megaman games as well and were ahead of their time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    lol you must have all heard of the Capcom drama I had where I had to threaten legal action against em to get them to reset my SecuROM DRM Activations

Ill be honest though, I cant join in on you lots Mega Man rage mostly due to the fact being from London Nintendo wasn't so popular we had Spectrums, Amstrads, Amiga's, Atari ST's and Sega Master Systems I found mostly

Never knew anyone back then with anything more than a GameBoy Nintendo wise but ya it would Piss me off if they canned a series that Id been following from the 8 Bit Days... then again they still aint given me a new Darkstalkers game just more and more Street Fighter Vomit (you know what i mean re-editions of re-editions ect ect) Theres not been a True new Darkstalkers game since 3 the rest are Ports or Compilations of sorts or ports of compilations (PSP's Darkstalkers being ported from the Dreamcast which was a collection). Its no secret that I like me some Darkstalkers but ya all ive had for years is the rubbish I just mentioned or Cameo Appearances (Marvel Vs Capcom ect ect)

Then again ya know maybe with the original creator of Mega Man gone Capcom is worried it cant do a *real* Mega Man game, and as they say its better to burn out then fade away.
    Then they shouldn't have wagged it in our faces then took it away like "Nope, can't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by lizard81288 View Post
    twitter.com/#!/CapcomEuro

I don't know what would make me more mad. Them canceling the games, or them canceling the games just to bring it back for more sales. I wouldn't put it past them.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 leak:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2011/07/...lready-leaked/

I am under impressed. No Venom or anything. atleast they got Strider. meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by ARProductions View Post
    I think Bonk is a new Bonk's Adventure, I don't think that game is awful

As for Mega Man Legends 3, The first 2 were Awesome, Imma go rage too as it is a dick move to cancel great games.
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by SpiralPegasus View Post
    GUYS, GUYS, GUYS
    ARE YOU MORONS?!
    IT'S ALL ABOUT MONEY

The one and only reason for the plug-pulling is that not even people that loved the Legends series a lot would buy a 3DS. They expected people to buy that gimmick-on-top-of-gimmick-on-top-of-gimmick console (which, by the way, ain't worth half it's price) before releasing the game as well as paying for a prototype. I certanily feared for MML3's future ever since I first heard that.
    Obviously nobody did, and the lack of any other interesting titles certainly didn't bring anyone closer to the idea of buying one.

GUYS, GUYS, GUYS
    I HAVE AN IDEA!

Is there any way to tell Capcom to release it on the upcoming PSV(ita)? After all, there's no reason why they would scrap what they got so far...
    ...right?

I'd love to see MML3 see the light of day. Unlike everyone else here, I absolutely adored the Legends series. Hardly ever I enjoyed and got so amazed at a game since I played MML2.

I'm not a fanboy, I said PSV because Capcom wants to gain money but not investing a cent. The reason why it got thrown to the 3DS is simply because it'd take too much money to make a current-gen console game.
    So, given the 3DS is bad and the PSP is going out of the market soon, why not the PSV?
    Damn, for all I care Microsoft (which I hate) could release a portable and if it gets MML3 I'd still buy it...
    Which is a problem since people should buy something for it's merits. The 3DS is becoming a huge flop and Ninty is quickly learning that they should have shown that it was powerful rather than "OMG 3D". They advertised over and over for OOT3D that Robin Williams named his daughter Zelda When they should have focused on OOT3D's merits.

Three more days until Party time!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Heer View Post
    Which is a problem since people should buy something for it's merits. The 3DS is becoming a huge flop and Ninty is quickly learning that they should have shown that it was powerful rather than "OMG 3D". They advertised over and over for OOT3D that Robin Williams named his daughter Zelda When they should have focused on OOT3D's merits.
    As much as it pains me to say it, but Nintendo has lost it. I just got back from checking out that commercial on Youtube I was trying to figure out if I was watching a promo for OoT3D or Robin Williams and his daughter with randoms shots of the game. You're right: the focus should have been squarely on the game, but it wasn't. I wanted a 3DS, but now I feel I'd be wasting money on what looks to be a reincarnated Virtual Boy.

As for Capcom, yeah, it sucks they crapped all over Mega Man with cancellation of MML3 and Universe, but you know what really pisses me off about them? They have absolutely no plan to bring over Investigations 2 stateside and they've pretty much left it up to Level 5 to release Layton x Wright themselves. I used to love me some Capcom.

Thanks
    EP Points

After all of this hullabaloo, Crapcom said, Concerning about Megaman legends 3, They have no plans to bring this project back up, after all the fan outcry.

http://kotaku.com/5826723/capcom-qua...ends-3s-return

Capcom Quashes Hopes of Mega Man Legends 3’s Return

Despite a push by tens of thousands of fans to revive recently canceled Capcom game Mega Man Legends 3, the Japanese developer tells Kotaku that they have no plans to resume development.

"We are aware of the fan created Facebook page requesting that we resume development of Mega Man Legends 3," Capcom spokesman Brian Keltner told Kotaku Monday afternoon. "While Capcom has a built a strong relationship with its community and values their feedback, Mega Man Legends 3 development has officially ceased without plans to resume development."

Keltner also pointed Kotaku to the game's Dev Room where the team explained the decision last month.

"There are tough realities in this industry that are largely left unpublicized for a good reason—because they're tough," Capcom community liaison Greg Moore wrote. All games go through a multi-stage approval process, but most games are not brought to the public's attention until that final approval has been met. With Mega Man Legends 3, exposing the fans to that process was part of the project's core concept—to show everybody what it really means to create a game. We were all in it together here, for better or worse, and now together we must accept the outcome that many games ultimately face."

Shortly after news of the game's cancellation hit, fans created a Facebook page to try and convince Capcom to continue developing the game. The goal of the "100,000 Strong for Bringing Back Mega Man Legends 3" is to have 100,000 Facebook users "like" the page. Currently 36,713 people like the page.

Keltner's comments today, in response to questions about putting the game back into development in light of so much fan support, seems to nix any hope of a fan-driven grass-roots movement changing Capcom's mind about the future of the title.
    Last edited by lizard81288; 2nd-August-2011 at 18:34.

Thanks
    EP Points

And no one is especially surprised by this.

Thanks
    EP Points

Capcom's statement pretty much confirms what I suspected all along: they HAD a game, realised it was turning out to be shit and canned it. For all the bellyaching from the fans, Capcom probably did them a favour by stopping development. Chances are they'll start work on another Mega Man game sooner or later. It just won't be Legends 3.

Thanks
    EP Points

Truth is Mega Man 10 already saw sales drop significantly enough for the publisher to worry. So when fans say Capcom made a terrible business decision to cancel Mega Man's last two games, I say they're full of shit.

Mega Man Legends 3 was an experiment, a plan to get the community involved and contribute to the design of the title, and perhaps revitalize the series after some excruciatingly dismal sales. The response was poor, however, and experiments that don't work get scrapped. Only an idiot should be surprised by this.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

for those hurting for more mega man

I Give you STINKOMAN 20x6!

May want to use Joy2Key or XPadder

http://www.homestarrunner.com/stinko...tinkogame.html

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hasn't Capcom always done stupid shit and really bent over their American fan base?

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic

Capcom's statement pretty much confirms what I suspected all along: they HAD a game, realised it was turning out to be shit and canned it. For all the bellyaching from the fans, Capcom probably did them a favour by stopping development. Chances are they'll start work on another Mega Man game sooner or later. It just won't be Legends 3.
    Mmm, I'm not a Rockman fan but this post seems pretty fair.

Thanks
    EP Points

bah more crapcom news

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

I am boycotting them until they release MML3. They don't give a crap about their customers and I don't give a crap about them either.If they don't release, then I hope the company goes down in a big karma bankruptcy. Or at least the jerkface that decided this loses his job.

Here is what I really think happened. The project was being fought against from the beginning. Inafune worked to fund the project so they greenlit it since it was his money, They drove him to quit which caused the project to be theirs, they got fan involvement to look like a good company. They redlit the project. members fought hard to keep the project alive, so they allowed the the prototype to keep the devs off their backs. They cancel the project and prototype so close to the finish. Devs fought to allow the devroom and a second chance, request was allowed. Subsequent complete rejection from Capcom so soon from the redlight. I do think many at capcom wanted MML3, otherwise we wouldn't have the devrooms open and a second chance at all. But there are MML haters at Capcom that have fought tooth and nail to close the project. The problem was there was too much involvement, even though they did not advertise the devroom as they wanted an excuse to close it. If this is not so, then why didn't they release the prototype? Because if it was released then they would see the support MML3 has. MML3 was going to be the reason I would buy a 3ds. I'd have to buy it around christmas, but I would have bought it. Many people did buy it for MMl3. Why hasn't ninty stepped in as MML3 helped 3ds and it's cancelling is causing people to reject the 3ds. Whatever the case, Crapcom is dead for killing such a beloved character.

Three more days until Party time!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I lol'd.

Quote Originally Posted by alan heer
    They don't give a crap about their customers
    Neither does Sony.

Thanks
    EP Points

Just peachy. Soon we will be charged to view trailers.

Here is the best part:
    Capcom isn't calling it a demo, but as a small offering of a full, standalone retail product that went on sale this week, that's exactly what it is.
    Isn't that what a demo is?!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by lizard81288 View Post
    Just peachy. Soon we will be charged to view trailers.

Here is the best part:

Isn't that what a demo is?!

Its pathetic, and they are stupid. Just completely fucking retarded.

Thanks
    EP Points

ok Crapcom is pissing me off AGAIN and i was VERY close to losing interest and forgetting about this shit

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean