Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Job Crapcom! Megaman Legends 3 and Prototype officially cancelled.

Thanks

True. You can't even call 2 broken. That'd imply it actually worked at some point.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ivolt View Post
    Anyone who can say MvC3 is as broken as 2 clearly has NO idea what they're talking about.
    Seriously this. MvC2 may of have twice the amount of character, but you could tell the balancing was horrible and they tried way harder on certain characters than others. MvC3 has some weird parts, but even comparing it to 2 is just exaggerating, at the least.

EDIT: And the whole thing about Capcom hating, people just overreact to everything. I'm disappointed that there won't be a Legends 3, but it isn't heart shattering. It's just a fucking video game, get over it. A business has to have business in mind, even if it doesn't make much sense to others. As far as PC gamers, I mean the market for PC games in Japan is nothing. The closest Capcom is gonna get to PC games is outsourcing the work to other companies like Ubisoft. Their main market in Japan, with the many fighters and arcade games. In fact, I'm surprsied about some of the games that even come over to PAL/NTSC, because they don't sell well at all.
    Last edited by Quiji; 20th-July-2011 at 03:10.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

MvC 2 does work. It's an ok game. Except in high level play, at which point it becomes about 4-6 characters, who are picked because they are overwhelmingly better than everyone else with their options (while possibly having an infinite). Of course, most of us can't play anywhere near that level, but we've all seen high level play and can only squirm in terror. Honestly, the problem is that most of the cast is bugfuck boring with no real options (oh man, I love you Colossus), and while they worked in the games they were introduced in, they generally were just ripped out wholesale without a shit given to balance. And I mean WHOLESALE. FUCKING MORRIGAN.

Thanks
    EP Points

lol. MvC3 isn't as broken, since they gave all the characters 3 hypers, but its pretty much just, Dante, Sentinel, Filler Character.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Quiji View Post
    Seriously this. MvC2 may of have twice the amount of character, but you could tell the balancing was horrible and they tried way harder on certain characters than others. MvC3 has some weird parts, but even comparing it to 2 is just exaggerating, at the least.

EDIT: And the whole thing about Capcom hating, people just overreact to everything. I'm disappointed that there won't be a Legends 3, but it isn't heart shattering. It's just a fucking video game, get over it. A business has to have business in mind, even if it doesn't make much sense to others. As far as PC gamers, I mean the market for PC games in Japan is nothing. The closest Capcom is gonna get to PC games is outsourcing the work to other companies like Ubisoft. Their main market in Japan, with the many fighters and arcade games. In fact, I'm surprsied about some of the games that even come over to PAL/NTSC, because they don't sell well at all.
    It's good to see that not everyone here is a big baby.

Sig by Mizu_Wolf

Thanks
    EP Points

i usually use Zero tron and dante, with sometimes subbing 1-2 of them for trish, ametarasu, joe

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks

Crapcom!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    When I read that Legends 3 was canned, I was surprised, but not too surprised. For years, I've known that Capcom doesn't want my money; no X9, no Breath of Fire 6, not even a BoF compilation so I can get a decent copy of 4 without having to sell my soul, making Star Force (just a reskinned Battle Network, which I hated), completely ignoring PC gamers when it came to MM9 and MM10, and just hating PC gamers in general.

I guess I'm seriously just NOT Capcom's type of customer because I don't give a damn about fighting games, shooting zombies and I lack a PS3/360/Wii so I can't play their stupid download only titles because they hate PC gamers.
    I agree about MM9 and MM10, but Star Force? Obviously people did like the Battle Network games, since they made 6 of them (8 if you count Battle Chip Challenge and Network Transmission), and the transition to Star Force was because of a change of platform (DS instead of GBA) - the alternative was more MMBN re-releases - MMBN5 had already come out on DS, and MMBN1 did as well (Japan only) after Star Force finished. They need to do something new with that continuity IMHO (probably on the 3DS) - maybe chronicle Patch Hikari's adventures - his Navi could be MegaManX.EXE, and it could reference Star Force by showing the events from the hidden Diary entries in Star Force 2 (one of which involved Lan inventing a way for others to bond like Lan and Megaman.EXE - the Brotherbands from the Starforce series).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

lol you must have all heard of the Capcom drama I had where I had to threaten legal action against em to get them to reset my SecuROM DRM Activations

Ill be honest though, I cant join in on you lots Mega Man rage mostly due to the fact being from London Nintendo wasn't so popular we had Spectrums, Amstrads, Amiga's, Atari ST's and Sega Master Systems I found mostly

Never knew anyone back then with anything more than a GameBoy Nintendo wise but ya it would Piss me off if they canned a series that Id been following from the 8 Bit Days... then again they still aint given me a new Darkstalkers game just more and more Street Fighter Vomit (you know what i mean re-editions of re-editions ect ect) Theres not been a True new Darkstalkers game since 3 the rest are Ports or Compilations of sorts or ports of compilations (PSP's Darkstalkers being ported from the Dreamcast which was a collection). Its no secret that I like me some Darkstalkers but ya all ive had for years is the rubbish I just mentioned or Cameo Appearances (Marvel Vs Capcom ect ect)

Then again ya know maybe with the original creator of Mega Man gone Capcom is worried it cant do a *real* Mega Man game, and as they say its better to burn out then fade away.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I agree about MM9 and MM10, but Star Force? Obviously people did like the Battle Network games, since they made 6 of them (8 if you count Battle Chip Challenge and Network Transmission)
    Actually 13 if you count the MMBN5 Double Team edition, and the dual-edition of the sequels from 3 on.

CAPCOM LIKE MONEY

Thanks
    EP Points

According to Capcom Europe's twitter page, the reason this project was canceled was lack of response from the fans. Apparently response at the devroom was "cool at best" and if there was enough of an audience then people might change their minds.
    twitter.com/#!/CapcomEuro

I don't know what would make me more mad. Them canceling the games, or them canceling the games just to bring it back for more sales. I wouldn't put it past them.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 leak:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2011/07/...lready-leaked/

I am under impressed. No Venom or anything. atleast they got Strider. meh.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 20th-July-2011 at 21:24.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Dr. Strange in UMvsC3.

I love Capcom

Thanks
    EP Points

if they put phoenix wright and some more megaman characters in ultimate MVC3 i MIGHT forgive them...doubts though

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks

But they put Strider in it, thats all you need.

Thanks
    EP Points

Megaman legends 3 is not the only game canceled for the 3DS

Heres a list of all the other cancelled games for the 3DS

•Assassin's Creed Lost Legacy (Ubisoft)
    •My Garden (EA)
    •DJ Hero 3 (Activision)
    •Saints Row: Drive-by (THQ)
    •Omega Five (Hudson)
    •Kororinpa: Marble Mania (Hudson)
    •Bonk (Hudson)
    •Bomberman (Hudson)