Thread: EP's Minecraft server.

Thanks
    EP Points

Default EP's Minecraft server.

Gauging interest in who would like a Minecraft server.

Im namely after amount of people, server would more then likely be US/Aussie (depends on how keen my mates are.) based.
    No god mode, i fucking hate god mode....

Thanks
    EP Points

I would love to do this, however I'm running off a laptop just for internet and other things that don't require much power (i.e. not enough to run minecraft) When I get a computer good enough to do minecraft I would love to play some multiplayer

Thanks

Heck yeah. i'd love an EP minecraft server. but for me to play it would have to work for the Ahem.. well not bought version. but yeah i'd totally play if EP had one.
    Persona is so beast...

Thanks

I would love an EP minecraft server too. Only got the free version though, but I haven't played multiplayer before. If that might happen, then I would buy it (maybe)

Thanks

i would be a little intrested the server me and my mate play on has just died and we need a new one

Thanks

I play minecraft occasionally, but don't really do multiplayer. I have gotten too used to using Zombe's Fly mod and X-ray, which isn't allowed on most servers. Minecraft for me is just building stuff and messing around. I would play online if you didn't mind me using my mods. And I build cool stuff, and got a few screen shots from awhile back of a few things I made.

Pirate Ship outfitted with TNT cannons:

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/203/minecraftship2.jpg

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/5...craftshipx.jpg

The ship also had a hold that was below water with a ton of space inside, I forgot to get a SC of the hold. Those TNT cannons were fully functional. Had them rigged to where they could all fire at once, or could do them individually.

I couldn't have made that ship without Zombe's fly mod.

A giant inverted Cube structure I made:

Outside:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/cubebe.jpg/

Inside:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17/cube2j.jpg/

Roof with a farm on top:

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/7038/cubefarm.jpg

Never finished the cube structure entirely, my world got corrupted and had to start over. I changed the buildings on the inside to brick instead of cobble, and I had some obsidian fire pits going up the walk way in the middle, and a glass ceiling with lava waterfalls going down in a few places.

**Edit, I just updated minecraft, and I haven't really played since 1.3, but one of those new updates made Minecraft almost unplayable for me. I used to get 60FPS on FAR with a 128x128 high res texture pack, now I get 10-15 FPS when moving, and only get about 45-50 if I stand still and do nothing, which is unplayable. Its also odd that the FPS will go down if I move or do anything when the FPS was relatively consistent before within a couple frames no matter what I was doing. I even set a massive forest fire using 1.3_01 and was right in the middle of it and it only dropped to 20FPS which is more than I get with the new update just punching a tree. And I got everything turned down, or off. And this is with the default texture pack, because the one I was using is no longer compatible. Any reason why I am getting such a drastic decrease in performance with a newer update? I rolled it back to 1.3_01 and it runs great.
    Last edited by crimsonedge; 7th-August-2011 at 19:29.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah no pirated copies and no mods.

Thanks
    EP Points

I bought minecraft when it first came out. Only £8 at the time, think its double that now Still, its not a totally unreasonable price for how much play you can get out of it, personally speaking.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah I think it's 14 bucks, like that's one lunch's worth of fpod.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    Yeah no pirated copies and no mods.
    I bought the game when it was alpha, I think it was $5, no need to pirate it for that cheap.

And are you talking about just a basic server without even any server mods?

They got economy mods where you can buy and sell stuff for in game credits, one of the few servers I played on had that, and it was pretty cool. Also they got a server mod called craftbook, which lets you do more things with redstone and lets you make retractable gates, bridges and elevators, and lets you do more with mine carts which is another good server mod you might want to look into.

IMO vanilla minecraft sucks, its kinda like vanilla Oblivion, the modders took a turd and polished it up and put some things and features in the game that should have been included to begin with.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonedge View Post

IMO vanilla minecraft sucks, its kinda like vanilla Oblivion, the modders took a turd and polished it up and put some things and features in the game that should have been included to begin with.
    Too Right. and right now minecraft is on sale for 20$ and i'm not buying the real deal until its out of beta and its the full game. otherwise its just a waste of money. so if no pirated copies, or mods, sorry im out until the real game comes out.
    Persona is so beast...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jakethegreat12 View Post
    Too Right. and right now minecraft is on sale for 20$ and i'm not buying the real deal until its out of beta and its the full game. otherwise its just a waste of money. so if no pirated copies, or mods, sorry im out until the real game comes out.
    I don't think the game is worth $20 either, not in its current state. An older beta version works better on my PC than the latest one. If the FPS dropped a little I wouldn't be complaining, but it went from running really smooth, to the FPS running unstable and jumping all over the place. Someone recommended a FPS booster mod on another site, I tried it and all it did was make the speed ups and slow downs even more dramatic. I would be getting 102 FPS then suddenly drops to 12 when doing anything. Completely unstable.
    Last edited by crimsonedge; 8th-August-2011 at 17:04.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonedge View Post
    I don't think the game is worth $20 either, not in its current state. An older beta version works better on my PC than the latest one. If the FPS dropped a little I wouldn't be complaining, but it went from running really smooth, to the FPS running unstable and jumping all over the place. Someone recommended a FPS booster mod on another site, I tried it and all it did was make the speed ups and slow downs even more dramatic. I would be getting 102 FPS then suddenly drops to 12 when doing anything. Completely unstable.
    Same for me too.

But, a EP Minecraft server is a great idea Jase.