Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How do you counter, "You don't have a job"?

Thanks

I didn't have a job for about a year after university. Recession hit. My mom was on my case every single day. Thankfully I got a job and things settled down

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MrFlamingo View Post
    So knock off your mom?

What is the worst part about losing my Mother is that we were both addicted to drugs when it happened. She eventually overdosed on Oxycontin, but she had become very bitter and hateful in the last few years as the drug began to affect her personality. While this was happening I was was barely holding down a job because all I cared about was smoking weed. I didn't care about anyone at that point in my life, and I had become quite bitter by then as well. It's been only recently, (after coming very close to death myself,) that I have begun to grasp the magnitude of losing a parent, and I am remembering more and more of the wonderful things about Her every day.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    Would you like some more straws for your grasping hand?
    Honestly I think he would like some more sand paper covered dildos to grasp.

But that's just me guessing

Thanks

I'm out of a job myself, and i'm covering so much ground it's not funny. I'm calling in every favor I have with anyone who is employed in an attempt to get a job...

A really great solution, that i've found to getting a job is "get off your fucking ass"
    See I may be posting on a forum right now, but I spend 8 hours a day hunting each and every job within the entire city I live in... Which equates for about 90% of the available jobs in my state.

Don't be above laboring work, or fast food stuff... I am applying for laboring myself, even though it's way out of my field.

See your half assed excuse for not wanting to work in a restaurant because one fucked you over or whatever, is pretty weak.
    And you should get off your fucking high horse. Do you know how many people would love to be fit and able bodied workers that can't be?
    So shove your sorry excuses up your ass, then, get the fuck out of your computer chair, get offline, because it's not helping you...
    Go out there. Get in your car or on your bike or catch a bus or a train or even walk if you have to... Get a job.

Would you prefer having minimum wage.. or being a fucktard your entire life?
    Getting a degree in web design is like getting a degree in Microsoft Paint, every dumbass on the internet these days can do it, without a degree. Either go do another degree, or kill yourself... Cause you're nothing special, trust me.

P.S Sorry for being harsh, but the reality is, degrees ain't shit these days... Even people who do community college can get further than university students.
    "Bright and cold, the flash of steel,
    Alone I roam over desolate fields,
    My sword, I no longer need,
    The evening wind will carry me home."

Thanks
    EP Points

By getting rich off the lottery.
    The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

- James Oliver Rigney Jr. aka Robert Jordan (God rest his Soul.) 10-17-1948 to 09-16-2007

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ToBreakOne View Post
    Getting a degree in web design is like getting a degree in Microsoft Paint, every dumbass on the internet these days can do it, without a degree. Either go do another degree, or kill yourself... Cause you're nothing special, trust me.

P.S Sorry for being harsh, but the reality is, degrees ain't shit these days... Even people who do community college can get further than university students.
    Yeah, looking back, it was dumb for me to get a degree in this field, but I like being creative. I cannot even find a job with just general computer stuff, like data entry and stuff like that. I drive out to Monroe to look for jobs, since thats the closest city, but alot of places say they are not hiring & or tell me to fill it out online, which i do, but i have gotten no calls yet.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by lizard81288 View Post
    Yeah, looking back, it was dumb for me to get a degree in this field, but I like being creative. I cannot even find a job with just general computer stuff, like data entry and stuff like that. I drive out to Monroe to look for jobs, since thats the closest city, but alot of places say they are not hiring & or tell me to fill it out online, which i do, but i have gotten no calls yet.
    Have you ever thought to call those places back? Also, you could try getting a degree in something that is in high demand.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGuitar View Post
    Have you ever thought to call those places back? Also, you could try getting a degree in something that is in high demand.
    yeah, I have been thinking about a degree, but i'm not sure what is in demand here. Even being an engineer isn't in demand in my area.

Thanks

It really sounds like you need to move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    You guy are welcome anytime We have bowling and Steak & Shake. Bring beer. I like beer.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Strongbad View Post
    It really sounds like you need to move.
    Tell me about it. I would move, but I don't have any money to do so, plus If i were to get in a situation, I would have nobody there to help me. I wouldn't mind if one of my "Friends" got an apartment and stuff, and we live together, like on tv shows, but they don't talk to me anymore.

Plus only one of them has a job out of 3, (I've asked him to put in a good word for me, but nothing yet) and 2/3 don't even have their Driver License, and they are 22 and one is 24.

Thanks

"why don't you have a job?"
    "i'm at uni atleast 5 days a week, and spend 25hrs alone in lectures a week"

but that said, i did have a job at the start of the year at a coffee shop. But quit since I couldn't miss class or not study so i could work. but i'm looking for night-shift work atm, kitchen hand or night fill. kitchen hands get paid a heap where i am, so thats what i'm aiming for

I am your usual forum loiterer...depleating bandwidth one post at a time.

If you download, don't forget to thank

Must keep kouen off the front page of PSP Uploads

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lizard81288 View Post
    Tell me about it. I would move, but I don't have any money to do so, plus If i were to get in a situation, I would have nobody there to help me. I wouldn't mind if one of my "Friends" got an apartment and stuff, and we live together, like on tv shows, but they don't talk to me anymore.

Plus only one of them has a job out of 3, (I've asked him to put in a good word for me, but nothing yet) and 2/3 don't even have their Driver License, and they are 22 and one is 24.
    Yeah, moving is a bitch. Just got done moving Just go out there and score any job. Who cares if it's minimum wage, you will still be able to save up money if you aren't paying rent and all that jazz. Eventually you will find something better, but for now you just have to get a job of any sort. Meet people and work on getting some friends that are trying to do something with their lives and things will start to improve for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    You guy are welcome anytime We have bowling and Steak & Shake. Bring beer. I like beer.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, i'm looking. My dad knows a manager at McDonalds, but i didn't get the job. even they won't take me, lol. I filled out a bunch of jobs online, so hopefully i'll get something.

Thanks

Damn jase pretty much....no he did nail it...go make a resume get out there and find a fuckin job, If its that bd....join the military, I did it..its not that bad and no none of those stereotypes like getting yelled at all the time happen....its a thought yo...or find a way to go to school...and if you dont have money for school???.....again...military, I got $38,000 for school from the army...the door ways are there, time to stand up be a man dust the sand out of your vagina and do something.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    Get a job.

First post nailed it.