Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy 8 fans......

spyderbyte Guest

Default Final Fantasy 8 fans......

Me must prove a point. Actually.......Its just to prove others wrong about FF8. Some think that FF8 sucks. I personnaly think it is the best game. Ever.
    Ive seen people complaining about:
    1:The "Junction" system.
    2: The way monsters level up as you do.
    and etc.......

What we can do, is think up all of the god things about FF8, and why it makes the game kick ass.....and stuff like that.
    I will start with the way monsters level up as you do.

Cmon!!! What is so bad about this? Ive heard people say "This sucks, because I can Max out my level but im still weak compared to some monsters".

Well, this Level up thing, prevents "Level Raising". In other RPG's such as FF7, you can walk in a field, and waste 30+ hours if you wanted to, just to raise your levels at the beggining of the game so you will be unbeatable later on......FF8 prevents that.

FF8 forces you to utilize the kick-ass Junction System in order to become strong. Now you actually have to think about how you are gonna Junction your party to form a deadly team.

Umm......that didnt make sence did it? Hmmm.....well....If any other FF8 fan understood it, perhaps they can phrase it better!

Thanks

That's not the reason why any FF fan would hate it actually.

sickboy Guest

maY be I am just too oldskool. but I don't like the junction or the sphere grid or any of those things. I will say I enjoyed ff8 more then ff7 ff9 (haven't played it much so can't really say) and ff10. the card battle system kicked ass though. I would say in order of awesomeness it's ff8 ff7 then the oldskool stuff. 10 being in the bottom 3 somewhere.

hey I don't think there are enough ff related topics. let's start some more.:nosmile:

Thanks

Look around, u'll find a best FF character thread.

sickboy Guest

Originally posted by EGGO
    Look around, u'll find a best FF character thread.
    oh man you are a bright bulb. sarcasm is good mkay. I was reffering to the fact that there are at least 3, maybe more ff related threads active on the boreds. heh get it....boreds.....heh

Thanks

lol, I wasn't being sarcastic, I thought that's what u meant...

Danflor92 Guest

i thot ff8 was 10 times better then 7 i liked the story line better, the junction system, the monsters the same level, but i didnt like the magic system

Thanks

Drawing magic gets to be quite a monotonous activity, especially if you want to junction large numbers of it to your characters in order to increase resistance.

What's wrong with the element of challenge? Sometimes we complain that the FFs are too easy; FF8 tries to eliminate that problem and is reasonably successful at it.

Danflor92 Guest

Ominslash you are such a person of the people as i think they say. change isnt a bad thing it was deffenatly a change of direction on squares part but it still was a good game

Thanks

Wait a minute ... that last post was unclear. Nowhere in there did I say that I had a problem with it.

I like the element of challenge ... it makes the game more exciting and for once, we might actually get to see the Game Over sign (or variations of that) in an RPG. I'm sure lots of people play through classic RPGs without even seeing that screen once. Chrono Cross was challenging, and I liked that element of it.

Well, you don't have to spend 5 minutes switching around materia or anything like that, but drawing magic does get to be a pain in the posterior.

And calling the GFs takes SOOO LONG. After seeing the same once a couple thousand times, you get bored of it.

But all in all, it is a pretty good game and though I can't say that it is the best out of the FF series, I can say that it is NOT the crap that people usually call it; it is quite a good game, and I had fun playing it.

Besides, what does a "person of the people" mean? Sorry, but I am not one with the slang (at least not yet) - can't even figure out what half the abbrev like LMAO mean on these forums.

Thanks

Wait ... that's not slang - they're called idioms. Anyways, I am curious to what "person of the people" means, because without me understanding that, your post kind of loses its meaning, danflor92.

Danflor92 Guest

sorry if i sounded like i ment you said you didnt like the game, i was just agreeing with you. and what i mean by "person of the people" is that you know what your saying..................... hell to tell you the truth i dont even really know, but it was supposed to be a compliment

Sixchan Guest

I didn't like ff8's junctions system. Give me the job or esper systems any day over that! FF7's materia system was cool, too. I just didn't like junctioning for some reason. I didn't find it hard to understand or anything...I guess I can't explain it.
    I also liked FF7's story more. It was a lot closer to the older ones than FF8 (although it still wasn't that close).

To each his own, I guess.

Thanks

In another related post, I saw quite a few people say that they understood the junction system in about 5 seconds. I didn't like it much either though it was quite simple. But the job system was kind of boring too once you mastered the jobs you wanted. In FF7, the materia take way too long to master though, but in FF5, the jobs were too quick to master. Joining Materias to get wicked combinations was lots of fun (and cheap).

As for Espers, I probably liked that system most. Perhaps an amalgam between that and the materia system would be the best. At least the characters got to keep the spells that they learned, and you wouldn't have to worry about mastering all the summon materia in order to get a master summon materia (that takes so long). Or not having enough materia so that not everyone has that spell. You'd have to master the materia before you got more. And there would always be the debate about whether you should use the mastered materia that you have (so that you can fight more effectively) or whether you should use inexperience materia (so that they can gain AP) especially against bosses who give large amounts of AP (thinking primarily of Diamond Weapon). Similar issue with weapons (Apocalypse gives triple growth but the Ultima Weapon which is much better gives no growth at all).

FF7's story fit into the clasic story mode of saving the world better than FF8, which was in large part a love story. The story about Shinra and well "saving the world" (preposterous, irrational and kind of old-fashioned as it may sound) was more involving. The story in FF7 was more multi-faceted and multi-dimensional, and in that, FF7 was more realistic and perhaps even more moving.

Sixchan Guest

I never got the Job boredom. I spent hours mastering every class for every character.

What I liked about the job sytem was that you weren't limited by your characters. In FF7, Aeris could never be a fighter, and Barret wasn't really a Mage. With the Job system, you could be whatever, and that was very D&D to me, which was probably why I liked it.