Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Persona 3 FES freezing at 5/27 (psx2)

Thanks

Default Persona 3 FES freezing at 5/27 (psx2)

Hello there

I came across another problem while using my psx2 0.9.8 playing persona 3 fes, and this time its pretty serious

While i was playing, a naturally came the change of day, the screen sudenly froze, something like that

and i cant go on with the game

i tried going first to tartarus or studying before the night but nothing
    i also tried pressing F9 (that is supposed to turn on/off native mode or something like that), that had helped me in some previous problems of mine and still nothing
    after some search, i found a post that said selecting Chop/Zero at EE recs option should fix it, however mine was already selected when it happened

My specs are
    Intel Core i5 CPU M430 2.27 GHz
    6GB RAM
    on a laptop, with windows 7

my plagins are the following

a faced a similar problem a couple of days ago when i tried to enter a room and same thing happened, but the room was of no importance so i thought it was ok to overlook it

unfortunately im a complete noob when it comes to psx2, been using it less than a week and i pretty much got addicted to it so please if u know anything that can help post

Thanks for your time guys

ps:edit with my other psx2 settings,

ps2:how do i put the pics in spoiler tag so they dont take that much space?
    Last edited by Ringil; 13th-July-2011 at 11:57. Reason: adding some of my settings

Thanks
    EP Points

Random guess since I've never actually tried this game on PCSX2 myself:

Maybe disable some of the speedhacks (like VU Cycle Stealing/EE Cyclerate) and and see if it makes a difference. I'm also seeing a fix for Persona games in the Game Fixes section there, did you try that?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gare For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Try disabling Speedhacks, although it does give speed boost to your gameplay, but may also produce some issues later on.

Enable the 'Automatic Game Fixes', under the System menu.

Did you load the game using ISO Selector or Plugin?

and upload your Memory Card, so others can test whether or not they will get the same problem.

Thanks

tried the game fix, didnt work
    also tryieddisabling/enabling some stuff at the speedhacks section you mentioned, again nothing
    found another post with same problem as my by searching a bit, that said restoring default options would fix it but nothing happened

any other ideas guys?
    Do you have another plugin setup i should try to reccomend?
    thanks again for your time xd

Thanks

@meganova
    the automatic game fixes is already enabled, and disabling speedhacks didnt work

I load by selecting the rom throught iso selector and then Reboot CDVD (fast), whats that plugin thinf u mentioned?Save states?

sorry for the double post btw, just posted the above the same time as meganova xd

Thanks
    EP Points

If you haven't, manually activate the Game Fixes, enable the gamefix for Persona(second from top, disable the automatic one)

Also, if you're loading the game from savestates, use the save from the Memory Card, without Speedhacks, and run the game with default settings(no speedhacks, etc)

If it still doesn't work, in default settings, switch ONLY EE Clamping to FULL and VU Clamping to EXTRA or +PRESERVE SIGN.

Don't use the superVU Recompiler[Legacy], its only meant for certain games., use the default setting.

Since your're using ISO Selector, try running the game with plugin, the Linuz ISO.

Lastly, post your game saves.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to meganova For This Useful Post:

Thanks

tried all except the load from the plugin part, i select plugin under the CDVD meny, but after that at the "plugin menu" the Linuz ISO 0.9.0 is unselectable

nothing worked, cant understand how other people fixed it but doesnt work for me, but i really appreciate the help, guys

here are my memcards, hope i did it right, its the second one, just return to the room and sleep, and next day nothing
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    EP Points

It works fine at my end though.

Well, If you want, I can help you play the game a little bit until 5/27 Evening, just after the freeze point.
    Then I'll reupload the memcard with new saves.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f14.jpg 
Views:	453 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	26434   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f13.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	26433  

11. The Following User Says Thank You to meganova For This Useful Post:

Thanks

really?that would be so awesome man, plz do it

This seems to be the cursed date, i tried going back to my previous save and just skip all activites and rush to 5/27 and same thing happened

also mind telling me your plugins?The problem will probably show up again, so i might as well try your setup to see if this works xd

thanks again

Thanks
    EP Points

Okay then, but before that, you need to decide which club you want to join, the choices are..
    - Track Team
    - Kendo Team
    - Swim Team

The plugin is GSdx 4600, using ISO Selector, and everything else is default, with Automatic Game Fixes enabled, no Speedhacks.

Thanks

ah, there is the club selection that day?
    Ok, kendo team it is

Thanks
    EP Points

Yep, actually, there are four option, but the last one doesn't do anything until you choose any of those three (it only makes your teacher mad).
    and the Chariot Arcana will be unlocked as well.

Here you go, have fun.
    Choose the 3rd save.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

works awesome, dont know how to thank you

Thanks
    EP Points

Haha, that's okay, glad it working on yours.

Thanks

bad news: it happened again
    even worse news: Tried changing my plugins to the above mentioned setup, didnt work

Good news: Was able to dodge it, and keep moving with the game

it was when i tried to do kendo practise,after talking with kaz, who had a red mark over his head.Did something else, and the following day he didnt gave me the option to spend time with him, so all is ok

next time will try one final thing, to unistall and reinstall the emulator all together