Thread: Fan problem with Dolphin

Thanks

Default Fan problem with Dolphin

Hi i'm new

I'm just playing with gamecube's games with dolphin emulator (3.0) on my notebook, and i'm worried because when i play the fan starts to run very fast.
    It never runs so fast and i don't know if it's good.

I have an Os windows 7 ultimate 32 bit, intel core2 duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20 GHz, 3 gb RAM with graphic card NVIDIA GeForce G 103M.
    I'm worried because even with the heavier pc games the fan runs so fast.

Sorry for my english i'm italian

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Your computer is responding to the high demand of resources that Dolphin asks for. Listing your computer's stats cannot help any. The fact that you are running it on a notebook means that your fan can do little compared to a desktop. There is just no room for air to blow and therefore, it must blow harder.

Just keep the intake area clear by supporting the little thing on a book or even buy one of the lap desks that have built in fans. All that can happen is the fan will wear out. If it starts to become loud in a screechy way, buy some sewing machine oil and put a single drop in the fan. Then give it a whirl before turning it back on.

Thanks

Perfect, thanks a lot

Still think that my computer is suitable to run dolphin?