Thread: Noobish question about psx2 contol configuration

Thanks

Default Noobish question about psx2 contol configuration

Hello once again everyone

I was trying to setup a psx2 emulator (0.9.8) and im stuck at an extremely ridiculous problem, that pretty embarassing

How am i supposed to change the controls?

I go config>plugin/bios selector, select Lilypad 0.9.11, go to configure and at the following screen i cant figure out what to do

might sound pretty idiotic, but i would love some help, im stack at this for more that an hour

thanks for your time

Thanks
    EP Points

Click on the buttons on the right first, then press the button you want to set it up as.

Like, you click on "Triangle" once, then press the button you want. Then you click on "Square", press the button you want. And so on, until you're done. If you did it right, each button should show up on the list on the left.

Thanks

tried that before, nothing happens

maybe there is another option i need to enable?
    here are the rest of the settings

maybe i did a mistake in the configuration?
    Ive thrown the plugin in the plugins folder of psx2 (the .dll file), selected it from the plugin/bios selector, but when i try to access it from the config/controllers(pad) option is it unavailable (!) and instead there is plugin settings option.

Moreover quite often my psx2 crashes when i try to access the configuration menu of the plugin

anyway thanks for your time man

Thanks
    EP Points

It seems you're using the previous version of Lilypad, try using this one.

Download it and put it into your /PLUGINS folder in your PCSX2 directory, set it on your emulator, and try configure your button.

If that doesn't work, redownload the full package of the emulator from the PCSX2's main site.
    Last edited by meganova; 11th-July-2011 at 00:08.

Thanks

fixed by re-downloading psx2 and using a LilyPad svn r4510 0.10.0, think it was inside the emulator

thanks for the help people, one less problem (still quite a lot left thought to solve! xd)

oh well since im at it, i mind aswell ask for one.

I play persona 3 fes, im stll at the begining of the game and when i try pressing all the buttons i dont get any menu with option like in all games out there, is it intended to be like that on the game, or i screwed up again?
    Last edited by Ringil; 11th-July-2011 at 10:10.

Thanks
    EP Points

If I remember correctly, the menu is only accessible by pressing the Triangle button, when you can freely control the character, and after your first battle.

Thanks

yea, just advanced the game a bit and worked ok xd

i found a cool configuration/settings guide in this awesome forum that erased all of my problems (crashes/fast forward speed etc), only thing that went wrong after roughly 2 hours of game is that when i tried to enter a room of no particular importance (a race track to watcj the culb practising if i remember corectly) screen wouldnt load, while music kept playing and the game slows down slighty (really slightly, has no particular effect) in the scenes when you leave school etc but these problems are minor, will look into them if they become a nuisance later on xd

Thanks again everyone for their help