Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: OnLive: Tomorrow's Gaming Today (Discussion, Links and News)

Thanks
    EP Points

OnLive Sale – Braid – Five Dollar Friday Finale
    By: Devon Bradley

Today’s Five Dollar Friday Finale deal is another critically acclaimed classic. Braid by publisher NumberNone is on sale on the OnLive service for just $5.00 ($3.50 for PlayPack subscribers). This game has received amazing reviews worldwide, and a metascore of 90. This revolutionary 2d platformer is playable both by mouse and keyboard, and gamepad.

Here is a bit more about the game courtesy of OnLive:

Braid is a platform game in a painterly style where you manipulate the flow of time to solve puzzles. Every puzzle in Braid is unique — there is no filler. Braid treats your time and attention as precious, and does everything it can to give you a mind-expanding experience. Journey into worlds where time behaves strangely; observe, learn from, and then master these worlds.

Thanks
    EP Points

You guys are the best. And it’s been wonderful watching the OnLive Community grow since launch. I’m not generally in the habit of asking you all for help, but during a recent meeting, I made a bet with my manager and I need you to help me win. I bet that our community is so strong, we could gather 10,000 more OnLive fans on Facebook in less than 48 hours. If we are able to do this, every OnLive member in the US will get their next Full PlayPass game for $1.

Just like OnLive on Facebook and spread the word!

But you have to do it fast, because if we don’t have this in the bag by Saturday morning, the bet’s off, the deal’s off and I’ll be shamed, laughed at and ridiculed around the office until next year’s holiday party.

Let’s do this!

Matt Jensen
    Community Manager
    PlayerTag: OnLive MJ

Thanks
    EP Points

I am SO getting Deus Ex HR for $1

They already have 61,786

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I Tried OnLive...

I'll post my Video Experience when its uploaded

Thanks
    EP Points

The $1 any game promo code for US users should be emailed this morning

Thanks
    EP Points

Gah.
    only if I had a method of paying for the games on onlive.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

My Experience with OnLive.
    Note: I Picked DNF because i own it and have finished it on max difficulty locally on steam.

With time it may improve but as of right now it wasn't so good for me

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigan Aensland View Post
    My Experience with OnLive.
    Note: I Picked DNF because i own it and have finished it on max difficulty locally on steam.

With time it may improve but as of right now it wasn't so good for me
    It is really based on internet speed, ping and geographic location. It works great for me...others have varying quality.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    It is really based on internet speed, ping and geographic location. It works great for me...others have varying quality.
    Aye in my notes at the end i mention that but aye it ran like ass for me.

Its a reasonable concept as I always said but ya it at this time aint working for me

Thanks
    EP Points

OnLive Sale – Duke Nukem Forever – Last Deal of Five Dollar Friday Finale
    By: Devon Bradley

As Gearbox (the developers of Duke Nukem Forever) would say, “He’s back”, and he’ll only cost you $5 ($3.50 for PlayPack Subscribers) if you buy the game today on OnLive. This game released on other consoles with the usual $60 price tag just about 4 months ago. Today you can snag it for a fraction of that price! Granted, the game received rather poor reviews, followed by a big price cut (now cost $19.99), and has a metascore of 54. OnLive users seem to have rated it about 3.5/5. The game is both single and multiplayer. It is also playable both by mouse and keyboard, or gamepad.

Here is a bit more about the game courtesy of OnLive:

Did the Alien bastards not learn their lesson the first time? Duke has been on hiatus for some time now, kicking back and franchising himself on the fame he gained from saving Earth from the first invasion. The Aliens have returned to Earth yet again, messing up Duke’s sweet routine of dirty leisure habits.

The Alien invaders are stealing Earth’s women, especially the hot ones! And they drank Duke’s beer.

This. Won’t. Stand. As Duke battles his way through waves of aliens, the once beautiful gambling haven and Duke Nukem franchise chains are crumbling before his eyes. Time to bring the pain!

Ego, and then Some: Step into the shoes of Duke Nukem, the steroidal One-Man Army who never fails and always gets the Babes.

Bust a Gut: Duke pulls no punches. He does and says the things you are thinking. Duke’s constant stream of hilarious one-liners throughout the game will have gamers rolling.

World Interactivity: Spend as much time as you want shooting hoops, lifting weights, playing pinball, pool, air hockey, and slots.

Scale & Variety: This game has it all; packed with explosive FPS action, outlandish settings, vehicle driving, and puzzle solving – gamers will never tire of the endless FUN.

Multiplayer Like No Other: Duke re-envisions classic modes of play in his own hilarious and humiliating way. Shrink your opponent and squash him with your foot. Freeze and shatter him. Attach explosives to his back. Roll a pipe bomb between his legs, or just frag him old-fashioned with a rocket.

Thanks
    EP Points

LA Noire Available for Pre-Order: Includes 10% Off and $10 Coupon
    By: Ed Krassenstein

LA Noire is now available for pre-order on OnLive. Those who pre-order the game will get 10% off the purchase price ($44.95 after discount in the US or £31.49 in the UK) plus $10 off another purchase from the OnLive service (US) or £5 if you live in the UK. Here is the official announcement from OnLive’s press department:

OnLive is pleased to announce it is adding to its growing library of top tier titles its first release from RockStar Games – LA Noire.

Pre-orders for this hot new title start today, and the game will launch on the OnLive Game Service day and date with the PC version of the release at retail, which is slated for November 8th, 2011 in the U.S. and November 11th, 2011 in the UK.

Anyone placing a pre-order receives 10% off the full price of the game plus $10 off any other purchase on OnLive.

Thanks
    EP Points

Are we ever gonna see this in the uk? im actually looking forward to it

Thanks
    EP Points

Already in the UK.

Thanks
    EP Points

WHAT?????? i havnt seen anythng about it ANYWHERE.

Thanks
    EP Points

I used my 98% code for Deux EX HR Augmented Edition, and since Duke Nukem is the last $5 Friday game, I got that too...

Deus Ex HR AE: $59.99 ($0.63)
    Deus Ex Game of the Year Edition: $19.99 (free with Deux Ex HR AE purchase)
    Duke Nukem Forever: $19.99 ($3.50 for playpack subscribers)

$90 worth of games for $4.13
    Last edited by Sprung; 21st-October-2011 at 23:06.