Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steam Summer Camp Helpers!

Thanks

Thanks for the info in the thread, really helped get some of these

BTW, noticed the sneaky little updates for 'The Wonderful End of the World', 'Poker Night at the Inventory', and 'RUSH'?

They all have new achievements and probably will come up in the coming days on sale.

Thanks
    EP Points

If I'm reading this daft thing on Steam right, Rush also got a miniupdate today, so perhaps we'll see a ticket for that tomorrow. I suspect we will

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by erbkaiser View Post
    Thanks for the info in the thread, really helped get some of these

BTW, noticed the sneaky little updates for 'The Wonderful End of the World', 'Poker Night at the Inventory', and 'RUSH'?

They all have new achievements and probably will come up in the coming days on sale.
    Aye Poker night just got one

if you check page one you will notice i posted the snip of the sneaky achievement they added

Edit: Audiosurf received one of those updates adding

Also im looking for assistance in these 2 Monday Night Combat and Alien Breed Impact

Beat Hazard - make sure you play Ultra, then do a boss rush. After the worms and starfish you get some ships, make sure just to blast their wings off and not their cores.
    Aye, Just got this Ultra isnt needed but is highly recommended i waited for the twin ship bosses
    Last edited by Kouen Hasuki; 6th-July-2011 at 15:02.

Thanks

If you guys should be able to handle the achievement for Killing Floor rather easily. You pretty much just have to aim for the teeth, or just between the eyes. If anyone needs help with it I'll gladly jump on and help out

Thanks
    EP Points

Just finished the RUSH - Solar Flare achievement. The biggest issue for me was to damn well FIND the level, and this video provides its location for those who aren't sure.

Follow this blueprint, and presto - ticket. Also, free extra levels with portal humour. Yaywin.

EDIT: Not my vid. I'm not quite smart enough for this game, it would appear. That or I'm thinking in the wrong way. Or I'm too impatient.

...let's stop right there before I destroy my ego any further.
    Last edited by Dr. Ivo Robotnik; 6th-July-2011 at 19:22.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtiz View Post
    If you guys should be able to handle the achievement for Killing Floor rather easily. You pretty much just have to aim for the teeth, or just between the eyes. If anyone needs help with it I'll gladly jump on and help out
    Your looking to shoot the monkey mob with a crossbow This can be done on easy too btw

Garshap: The Monster Slayer: Level 2 about half way into the level

When you get on the raft you need to interact with the pole on it with the interact key (default 'e'). Each push of the key will move the raft slightly forward and also lifts it up on the water. If you stop pressing the key the raft will slowly sink into the water. If your head is covered by water you die.

During the raft section you will be attacked by multiple enemies on a few occasions. Whenever enemies attack press the movement keys to let go of the pole and then press the interact key ('e') to do the finishing move on an enemy. This throws him in the water. Do this to all of the enemies. After throwing them all off the raft, quickly continue keeping the raft on the water and moving forward.

In the middle of the raft section there is a part where you need to get off the raft, kill some enemies and push 2 levers to open a gate. You will get the achievement on the second part of the raft section, so don't panic if you hit the gate and don't get the achievement before that.

Spiral Knights: Get a Firecracker - Since I have no interest in playing this game I just bought an overpriced one on there auction house and will trade it to someone for them to get the achievement as long as they agree to trade it back to me (to help others)
    Last edited by Kouen Hasuki; 7th-July-2011 at 12:14.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kouen Hasuki For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Spiral Knights: Get a Firecracker - Since I have no interest in playing this game I just bought an overpriced one on there auction house and will trade it to someone for them to get the achievement as long as they agree to trade it back to me (to help others)
    Thanks for the information!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Poker Night at the inventory: well this one is just plain luck but shouldn't take too long to get

Left 4 Dead 2: Play the Beta Level (Cold Stream) on EASY, on the 4th part make sure to collect a PIPE BOMB and CHAINSAW, at the fork in the underground tunnel take the stairs (right) when your up and making your way to the helicopter Throw the pipe bomb to distract the horde, then run like mad as you switch to the chainsaw, then chainsaw through everything and get into the helicopter. watch out for the tank that seems to always spawn on your left as you get to the tower

Winter Voices: Start a new game make it a weaver and set these stats it will make this easy as hell

See Here

Then on the 3rd battle (when you get out of the house and finish talking to the "memory" of your father you will see a yellow square, first Detect traps then head towards it then head to the exit! Simple as that you shouldnt worry to hard about your health the stat points should take care of it, but remember to push especially if they box you in when you get to the yellow square
    Last edited by Kouen Hasuki; 8th-July-2011 at 20:00.

Thanks
    EP Points

Valve's talking about releasing Dead Air from L4d1 for L4d2 through Steam if 20,000 users can get the Crossing the Stream achievement on L4d2 by this upcoming monday. Also definitely worth a try if you haven't played Cold Stream in a while due to the fact of it having been changed dramatically and the new changes are freaking awesome.
    The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

- James Oliver Rigney Jr. aka Robert Jordan (God rest his Soul.) 10-17-1948 to 09-16-2007

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by lordrand11 View Post
    Valve's talking about releasing Dead Air from L4d1 for L4d2 through Steam if 20,000 users can get the Crossing the Stream achievement on L4d2 by this upcoming monday. Also definitely worth a try if you haven't played Cold Stream in a while due to the fact of it having been changed dramatically and the new changes are freaking awesome.
    I Want to see Valve actually Forfill there promises on L4D1 all there doing these days is plundering its levels and porting em over, i want some more L4D1 action the L4D2 survivors arnt as likable in my opinion at least

Day of Defeat Source: Well your supposed to win a round on 2 maps Kalt and Colmar but the very few servers that run it are always in a constant stalemate so getting this ticket may prove to be more trouble then its worth... In 2 hours i finally got Colmar's one >.<
    Last edited by Kouen Hasuki; 9th-July-2011 at 09:14.

Thanks

Just a brief note... if you get the error 'Oops, there was a problem trying to claim your prize. Please try again later.' when you try to redeem a prize, it means you already own that DLC somehow. I forgot I'd already bought the Defense Grid DLC before :/

As for today's tickets: the X3 one can be done in the starting solar system, just avoid any defenders.
    Serious Sam 2nd Encounter: at the start of level 1, immediately dive down to the lit spot at the bottom.

Hydrophobia is quickly picked up through normal gameplay, using a grenade on explosive boxes.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hydrophobia is quickly picked up through normal gameplay, using a grenade on explosive boxes.
    Gas Canister things on the walls worked for me it also seems you dont have to get all 3 in 1 hit too done it early in to Act 2 just after shutting down the cyclo converters (1st lot) on my way to shut off the gas

Cant Get the Audiosurf one to unlock no matter what I do, Verified the game files, Reinstalled it from scratch, Restarted Steam, Restarted the whole pc, Done it with Pointman beginner and Pro multiple times it refuses to unlock >.<

Wonderful end of the world is rather simple but can be a little annoying, Restart your save and do the game in one sitting, meaning get A (not A- must be A or A+) on every level to unlock the final one then do that one too and your done, The Internet Cafe and Town one can be a pain, the Cafe Especially

Final 24 hours to get and spend your tickets! after this time you cant claim anything and your tickets are wiped so spend em if you got em! (the DLC's and other prizes will remain yours however)

My Results:

While there is some time left And I have 3 possible games to get tickets on im relaxing now on it since the last 3 are too much of a pain, aaaaaaaaaa! and Audiosurf over the top on difficulty and have too many bugs (Respectively) and Day of Defeat Source is far too much effort (2 hours to get half the achievement)

In the end:

And Im happy with that, it was enough to get the free game and DLC's for the games I owned

Redeemed:

Homefront DLC
    Monday Night Combat Items
    AAAAAAAAA! Reckless Disregard for Gravity! DLC
    Killing Floor Characters
    Delve Deeper DLC
    Zombie Driver DLC
    Winter Voices DLC
    Magicka DLC
    Serious Sam Characters
    Beat Hazard Gear
    Team Fortress 2 Gear
    Portal 2 Gear
    Alien Breed 2 Game

Im Still open to help others if they need it! Better hurry though 8 hours to go
    Last edited by Kouen Hasuki; 11th-July-2011 at 08:50.