Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steam Summer Camp Helpers!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thumbs up Steam Summer Camp Helpers!

Seeing as some may need others to help or people may need advice on how to do some of these special summer achievements I thought why not make a thread where people can ask for help to get tickets and such.

Im quite happy to help others with these and have helped a few already

Im open to help with TF2's Escape the Heat, and Lead & Gold's Summer hits tickets.

here is some advice for the ticket on BIT.TRIP Beat

Set the Difficulty to NORMAL this is a must then in transition mode just dont fuck up untill after the first few colored dots are bounced and you will get that one done!

For those with Hamilton's Great Adventure (Amazon Jungle Bonus Level 12)

For the Toki Tori one (Multiple levels)

Sunbeams located in:
    1-6 Normal
    1-8 Normal 1:28
    1-11 Normal 1:50
    1-1 Hard 2:38
    1-3 Hard 3:17
    1-4 Hard 4:00
    1-5 Hard 4:52
    1-6 Hard 5:47
    1-7 Hard 6:55
    1-Bonus Stage 3 7:48

If anyone needs a profile to comment on heres mine:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kouen

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kouen Hasuki For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

I would comment....but I need to buy a freaking game.
    Time to buy a generic gift card.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ill expand on the Lead and Gold one, Many think its bugged

What you should do is this

Set up a PUBLIC game not Private and invite your friend to it, The Bridge level works well for this

Both play sniper and bring your flags with you trust me makes this much faster

one player aim at the others head and wait there is a charge bar that will charge on the bottom part of the cross hair when its full headshot them for a max damage insta kill. repeat till you get the achive then do it again in for the other player

This does NOT work on a Private game or against Bots, I can help anyone out on this if they need it
    Last edited by Kouen Hasuki; 3rd-July-2011 at 14:23.

Thanks
    EP Points

Just letting you guys know that I'll probably be doing the circus achievements for Killing Floor to get that special steampunk costume. Most of them seem relatively easy, though, so I'll probably be able to do them on my own.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What is this summer camp thing about ?

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks. Best of luck .

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Slacker Magician For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shardnax View Post
    Thanks. Best of luck .
    aye to us all if your on steam or get steam before the end and need a hand feel free to yell

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    aye to us all if your on steam or get steam before the end and need a hand feel free to yell
    I couldn't use the service if I wanted to .

Thanks

Me and my steam group are doing the summer camp activities too. Finished about 6 or so, don't have too many of the games they're asking about. The most boring one so far was the Magika one, have to set up a game for VS. and then killing mimics till you get the rain spell. It does make it easier if you disable everything else weapon and spell wise except for the group you want (Rain comes in a package with a few other spells, shouldn't take too long) and then just cast it, and every time the spell fades (since it's only a 4 button spell if you count the spacebar, it wont take long to set up) just cast it again.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtiz View Post
    Me and my steam group are doing the summer camp activities too. Finished about 6 or so, don't have too many of the games they're asking about. The most boring one so far was the Magika one, have to set up a game for VS. and then killing mimics till you get the rain spell. It does make it easier if you disable everything else weapon and spell wise except for the group you want (Rain comes in a package with a few other spells, shouldn't take too long) and then just cast it, and every time the spell fades (since it's only a 4 button spell if you count the spacebar, it wont take long to set up) just cast it again.
    Just to expand on that Rain when you got the book is Water, Water, Fire

Edit: easy one today Write a recommendation on a game you own!

Edit 2: Jolly Rover - Fairly easy to get the ticket you need to...
    Spoiler warning:
    go to the cooks room on the boat at the start you will have to do this anyways its part of the story, put the fish on the other hook then use the oiled rag on the window and open it the cook will scoot by and close it leaving a pool, get peppercorns next to the stove and put some on the rum and open the window again!
    and your done!

Edit 3: Super Meat Boy - You must clear Hell, both light and dark world The sum of your best times in Hell must be less than 500 Seconds in total

Or! if you want it fast:

here is the file to get only the medium rare.

Here is what it does:
    - Only affect score on world 4.
    - Don't affect any achievement. Only the medium rare one.
    - Don't overwrite your times on any world, only on the 4th.

Get this file:
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. go here: Steam\SteamApps\Common\super meat boy\UserData

Now backup your save and then copy the downloaded one into the folder.

Start up super meat boy go to the main menu and BOOM! unlocked, then you can exit and restore your save!
    Last edited by Kouen Hasuki; 4th-July-2011 at 10:45.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kouen Hasuki For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

UPDATE:

Yes, I know I shouldn't doublepost but this is also a shameless bump, so there.

Just finished the Trine achievement for today's batch of tickets, simple as all.

Achievement: Summer Dip - stay underwater for 40 seconds without taking damage
    Play through the game until you hit level 5, the Crystal Caverns. Play through that level until you hit the first waterfall area, then dive into the water. Stay submerged as one of your characters until his breath is nearly out, then swap to the next. Your characters don't share breathbars y'see, so swapping through your characters should be perfectly fine to get you the achievement. There are no hazards underwater there, though when I played, a skeleton did try to divebomb me, so be careful for death from above

EDIT:

Serious Sam H The First Encounter

Achievement: Swimming Instructor - Drown an Enemy.
    Simple as. Start the first level (on tourist level I couldn't get an enemy to spawn, so play on a higher setting. Normal did fine for me). Immediately go up the starting ramp, into the temple/Tomb. Once you enter the building (after killing one of those one-eyed freaks ), the first room you enter contains a pool. Collect the mini armour bonuses directly next to the door to spawn a bomb-thrower. Hide behind a pillar until you can see him walking very close to the edge of the pool. Then walk just behind him. He'll lob a bomb onto you, knocking himself into the water. Then just wait a couple seconds, he'll drown, yay ticket.

Also made a screenshot of the now drowned opponent: Clicky

Thar ye go, those're the two tickets (3 with screenshot) I could manage with today's deals.

EDIT EDIT: Kouen will be posting a video of the exact procedure later on. At least, his interpretation of it. I naturally think I'm vastly superior to him, as the one and only greatest scientist set out to conquer the world, but I suppose he should get some attention for it.
    Last edited by Dr. Ivo Robotnik; 4th-July-2011 at 17:27.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

How I Did the Serious Sam HD Ticket! Level 1 Medium Difficulty

Edit: Homefront done. Fairly simple Complete Chapter 2, do it on Normal to be safe though

Edit 2: Zombie Driver Simple really use the flamethrower weapon on 20 dogs in Slaughter mode

Edit 3: My mate erbkaiser passed me some tips!

1 2 3 Kick it -- found the best song for this one to be Still Alive (J.C. Mix) from the firts Portal soundtrack. Easy slow song with enough points. Note: achievement text in Steam is wrong for that one... you need 75% not 50% Any song, 75% and 50000> points

Polynomial achievement -- Just put difficulty on none, fly close to a sun, and keep shooting.. Swirl around the sun a bit while shooting so the rays go everywhere, once an enemy gets close to it it will be shot.

Edit 4: Suspect BIT.TRIP Runner

and And Yet It Moves

will be on tickets tomorrow both had sneak updates!
    Last edited by Kouen Hasuki; 5th-July-2011 at 09:53.

Thanks

Some help for today's tickets:

And Yet It Moves - obvious where it is possible... 5th checkpoint or so of last level of world 1. Make sure the bats follow until you see the water drops.

Beat Hazard - make sure you play Ultra, then do a boss rush. After the worms and starfish you get some ships, make sure just to blast their wings off and not their cores.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by erbkaiser View Post
    Some help for today's tickets:

And Yet It Moves - obvious where it is possible... 5th checkpoint or so of last level of world 1. Make sure the bats follow until you see the water drops.

Beat Hazard - make sure you play Ultra, then do a boss rush. After the worms and starfish you get some ships, make sure just to blast their wings off and not their cores.
    Hey mate Welcome to EP!

Foreign Legion: Buckets of Blood: Forget this one atm the game is broken and the ticket achievement is not unlocking correctly as of time of posting. many are complaining about it and even ive been affected by the 2:32 left lock up bug

UPDATE: They Fixed it when I next went in and killed 1 chicken the achievement unlocked

Nation Red: Start a single player game.

Getting the perks is the easy part (remember there are other perk modes apart from Random..)

Remote Detonator comes with 2 grenades so you'll need to find four more packs of 3 grenades each.

You can explode the grenades in the meantime to help you, although starting to explode them before you have those 4 perks probably isn't a good idea

Free Play is generally considered more difficult than Barricade mode; depending on your luck with how quickly grenades drop you'll probably need to survive to at least around Xp level 15.

Barricade Mode could be easier for this achievement but the downside is those sentry guns may kill zombies you're not looking at and if they drop a crate you might miss it. In Barricade Mode, make sure you keep moving and checking the map for those crates

Notes: Poker Night at the inventory Just received a mysterious mini update, could come up as a ticket one, while Bit Trip Runner didn't today it has got a new achievement so maybe its for later on but I was however right on the money for "and yet it moves"

Look who called it Just after posting Poker Night got another update this time adding this achievement

Last edited by Kouen Hasuki; 5th-July-2011 at 23:03.