Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSN worth buying a PS3?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default PSN worth buying a PS3?

Looking at getting a PS3, i have a Sexbox ATM, but XBL is off putting due to the lack of old titles.
    Is PSN any different? i mean i own a PS2, but im just a lazy prick.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

How old are these old titles you are missing? Apart from the PS1 Classics I'd say the amount of old games are about the same on both XBL and PSN.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to crusher For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Well the only xbox games i seen where Halo and that tripped out game that everyone gets a hard on for.
    Would be nice to have a larger selection of games, i did see SOTN there thou, and Duke 3D but the rest were like, BLAH.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    Well the only xbox games i seen where Halo and that tripped out game that everyone gets a hard on for.
    Would be nice to have a larger selection of games, i did see SOTN there thou, and Duke 3D but the rest were like, BLAH.
    Doom 3 is also good.

Thanks
    EP Points

I think you'd do as well sticking to XBL honestly, I have both consoles and PSN isn't much better aside from PS1 Classics and a tiny smattering of Neo Geo games.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cosmic For This Useful Post:

Thanks

hmmm seems to me there are alot of classic games on xbox live.
    If your looking for ps2 games for download then don't hope too much very little on psn in those *infact none that I know of* Ps1 is different but even then you would expect a far larger back catalog of ps1 games would be released by now but there are quite a few ps1 titles on psn.
    xmen arcade, puzzle fighter hd, contra,frogger,call of duty classic,sonic the hedgehog 2, perfect dark, Bionic commando rearmed, ms pacman, digdug, 1942 joint strike, metal slug 3, pac-man ce, golden axe, crazy taxi,streets of rage 2, Pacman CEDX, galaga legions, ecco the dolphin, asteroids deluxe, after burner climax, banjo kazooie, banjo tooie, sonic the hedgehog 3, earthworm jim hd, fatal fury special, sonic and knuckles, gyruss, new rally x, time pilot, samurai showdown 2, serious sam hd, megaman 9, xevious, doom 2, beyond good and evil hd, wolfenstein 3d, altered beast, metal slug XX...etc I could keep going but thats a nice list of arace, classic and classic hd and remakes.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by tanwarmohit287 View Post
    Doom 3 is also good.
    Cool story bro, but i dont see what that has to do with comparing XBL to PSN, you know what the thread is about.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamRLBaker View Post
    hmmm seems to me there are alot of classic games on xbox live.
    If your looking for ps2 games for download then don't hope too much very little on psn in those *infact none that I know of* Ps1 is different but even then you would expect a far larger back catalog of ps1 games would be released by now but there are quite a few ps1 titles on psn.
    xmen arcade, puzzle fighter hd, contra,frogger,call of duty classic,sonic the hedgehog 2, perfect dark, Bionic commando rearmed, ms pacman, digdug, 1942 joint strike, metal slug 3, pac-man ce, golden axe, crazy taxi,streets of rage 2, Pacman CEDX, galaga legions, ecco the dolphin, asteroids deluxe, after burner climax, banjo kazooie, banjo tooie, sonic the hedgehog 3, earthworm jim hd, fatal fury special, sonic and knuckles, gyruss, new rally x, time pilot, samurai showdown 2, serious sam hd, megaman 9, xevious, doom 2, beyond good and evil hd, wolfenstein 3d, altered beast, metal slug XX...etc I could keep going but thats a nice list of arace, classic and classic hd and remakes.
    Thanks for making my eyes bleed, i gave reading at "infact none" when i see that massive unformatted text block below it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    I think you'd do as well sticking to XBL honestly, I have both consoles and PSN isn't much better aside from PS1 Classics and a tiny smattering of Neo Geo games.
    The PS1 classics wouldnt sell me, i have a PS1 and TBH, i havent turned it on, i find the GFX of that era, while "OMFG YOU SEE THAT 3D?!?!?" were good for its time, im one of those self centered cocks that wants to play a game, becuase i know its good, but can't stand the GFX.

You would of sold me if there was a decent chunk of PS2 games on there, but you've just saved me 500 bucks.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Cool story bro, but i dont see what that has to do with comparing XBL to PSN, you know what the thread is about.
    May know if my brother was don't disturbing me.

Thanks

Kind of disingenous there are quite a few classic games on xbox live whether they be straight ports, remakes or updated currently releases. Don't see why you say blah your not going to find much else on psn either aside from ps1 games which aren't fully represented as they should be and no real ps2 games to speak of all your going to get is basically what you get on xbox live.

Gave a list with , and appropirate spacing I don't have a hard time reading it my self.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamRLBaker View Post
    Kind of disingenous there are quite a few classic games on xbox live whether they be straight ports, remakes or updated currently releases. Don't see why you say blah your not going to find much else on psn either aside from ps1 games which aren't fully represented as they should be and no real ps2 games to speak of all your going to get is basically what you get on xbox live.

Gave a list with , and appropirate spacing I don't have a hard time reading it my self.
    I said BLAH, because i was hoping for a better selection.

Also:
    xmen arcade
    puzzle fighter hd
    contra
    ,frogger
    ,call of duty classic
    ,sonic the hedgehog 2
    , perfect dark
    , Bionic commando rearmed
    , ms pacman
    , digdug
    , 1942 joint strike
    , metal slug 3
    , pac-man ce
    , golden axe
    , crazy taxi,
    Streets of rage 2
    Pacman CEDX
    galaga legions
    ecco the dolphin
    asteroids deluxe
    after burner climax
    banjo kazooie
    banjo tooie
    sonic the hedgehog 3
    earthworm jim hd
    fatal fury special
    sonic and knuckles
    gyruss
    new rally x
    time pilot
    samurai showdown 2
    serious sam hd,
    Megaman 9
    xevious
    doom 2
    beyond good and evil hd
    wolfenstein 3d
    altered beast
    metal slug XX

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks for making my eyes bleed, i gave reading at "infact none" when i see that massive unformatted text block below it.

The PS1 classics wouldnt sell me, i have a PS1 and TBH, i havent turned it on, i find the GFX of that era, while "OMFG YOU SEE THAT 3D?!?!?" were good for its time, im one of those self centered cocks that wants to play a game, becuase i know its good, but can't stand the GFX.

You would of sold me if there was a decent chunk of PS2 games on there, but you've just saved me 500 bucks.
    $500, where are you buying the PS3 ?

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

He's just a poor troll. Cycona is better.

The 2D games on the ps1 aren't all that bad but yeah, stuff like FF7 looks like shit. Also...$500 for a PS3?...lol?

Thanks
    EP Points

My opinion would be if your looking for more classic games, get a Wii. But that's just my opinion. Like others have said, other than PS1 classics, they have about the same amount of old games.

Thanks

[QUOTE=Gypsy;1303961]He's just a poor troll. Cycona is better.

Agreed lol, and if your wanting classic games, as others have said both PSN and XBL have more or less the same amount. it really depends on which games on those lists you would want more.
    Persona is so beast...

Thanks

buy sony, microsoft sux