Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sega Saturn SSF

Thanks

ok i dont know tf thi is the right place to post this and this is the first forum ive ever joined so im sorry if i do anything wrong. anyway im having a problem with panzer dragoon saga on ssf test. on disk 2 it just "stops" before the battle with the monster that the empire picks up in gorgios. i say "stops" because it doesnt freeze, the camara just rotates around the enemy. ive waited 20 min or more hoping it would continue but it doesnt. youll probly need more info but i dont know what to give you so just ask in your reply.
    please help! thanks

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just start your own thread next time

ssf version???

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

sorry i dont know how to start my own thread, as i said this is the first forum ive ever joined. im using ssf test, its provided on emuparadise. again im sorry for not starting my own thread if someone could tell me how that would be great. p.s. sorry i took so long to reply.
    zorlon, i just noticed you are the administrator, i tried to post anew thread and it said i had insufficient privlages to do so, i could really use som help
    Last edited by finalfantac; 10th-October-2011 at 02:30.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There is a basic guide for ssf at http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?67974

Not sure about the Panzer Dragoon issue but I would just try another version of SSF

the official site has diff versions and is linked in the above thread

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

thanks sorry for the trouble

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Don't worry about it and welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your stay

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    First thing I noticed was an error in the cue sheet

open that in notepad and remove the path in it so it reads FILE "NAME OF BIN FILE.BIN" BINARY instead of FILE "C:\SATURN\NAME OF BIN FILE.BIN" BINARY

so just delete C:\SATURN\

Second I scanned Clockwork Knight with CD-Mage and spotted 1 error that was in the system area of the disc

I just hit repair on that

SSF is playing up for me so not boot tested yet

EDIT that fixed it

EDIT my CD-Mage guide

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?24683

EDIT Contra Legacy of War has the exact same error afain fixed fine in CD-Mage

I won't bother with DooM unless you have alt issues
    I have some questions. I've renamed all of my Saturn game filenames, for example:

dtw-SHIND3-jap.BIN

changed to:

Shining in the Darkness (J)[English Translation].bin

...or whatever. I didn't realize I was breaking things. Thanks to the information you posted, I have been able to fix my .cue files.

But when it comes to .mdf and .mds, do I need to worry about that? Because I changed all the names of files already. Opening an .mds file in notepad = gibberish. Do .mds files also contain a filename/filepath descriptor like .cue files do? If so, how do I fix it?

Also, I was able to get Dungeon Master Nexus (J).mdf to work, despite being an .mdf file, simply by renaming it Dungeon Master Nexus (J).mdf.bin, or Dungeon Master Nexus (J).bin

But is that going to cause any problems, for example music not working?

I have been using Elaborate Bytes VirtualClone to mount .bin files. Apparently, this isn't the correct way. It's just I often have problems with Daemon Tools installed. Securom doesn't work with it installed, or something. I am going to see about hiding it with Y.A.S.U. :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daemon_Tools#Y.A.S.U.

Haven't tried it yet. I don't want to screw with things too much at the moment since I pre-ordered TES: 6 - Skyrim, and don't want any trouble for having DT installed.

Sorry for all the questions. Hopefully someone can answer them all. Thanks!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

renaming a mdf to a bin yes you will not get any sound track through if it has any

If you want something to convert from alcohol format to CDRWin format (bin+cue) try using ISObuster, just get the free version, no need to pay for any of the extra features, they don't do alot for you anyway, well nothing other free software does not already do

CDmage may be able to do the same but not 100% sure it supports Alcohols format

Can't say I have ever had any issues with Dtools or Securrom on Windows 98, 2K, Vista and Windows 7 everything has worked just fine

P.S. next time just create your own thread

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Oh sweet. I succeeded and changed .mdf/.mds to .bin/.cue (using ISO Buster). Then I tried something different and just converted it to one file, an .iso. The game appears to be working normally.

I am really happy.

But is there any disadvantage to converting to an .iso instead of .bin/.cue? Because for me personally, an iso is much better because there's just one file. The directory is much less cluttered and no choices to make - just double click the .iso to mount!

EDIT: Oh, I hit a roadblock trying to convert to .iso, so I did some research.
    "ISO" is created by copying an entire disc, from sector 0 to the end, into a file. Because the image file contains "cooked" 2048-byte sectors and nothing else, it isn't possible to store anything but a single data track in this fashion. Audio tracks, mixed-mode discs, CD+G, multisession, and other fancy formats can't be represented.

It seems I can't create .iso in this case, because the session has more than one track -- am I understanding this correctly?
    Last edited by Lost in the Fire; 29th-October-2011 at 23:50.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

ISO files can only contain one track of data and no space for cdda tracks (aka sound tracks) so yeah that is correct

Bin+Cue is the best format for PSX because it is the most supported format by all burners and psx based software including emulators on all systems

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

vampirejames, would you mind saying what your system specs are?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TripleH123 View Post
    vampirejames, would you mind saying what your system specs are?
    Not sure why you are asking, care to elaberate... normally we don't like old threads being revived but you have me curious now...

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]