Thread: VB project requests

Thanks
    EP Points

Default VB project requests

heres the deal. i wanna start a project. i work with visual basic 2010 express. not the best i know, but its what i used in school and its the only one i know. so i just wanted some ideas not too complicated cuz im not too good at coding yet (im going into programming 3 when school starts). i appriciate anything you can give me. also if there are other programming tools i can use that i could adapt to quickly if you know any let me know and ill check them out. again, thanks.
    "Life is what you make of it. Don't make excuses. Make it happen."
    This my World.
    --- Chamillionaire

Thanks
    EP Points

That's a very vague question... If you want some suggestions of VB programs I had to do at school, here are a few:
    - home-made browser (with tabs (optinnal))
    - budget calculator (put all your info in a DB, and display in a datagrid: withdrawls in RED, deposits in GREEN)
    - Chat system (with or without a server (without server is easier, but with server is multi-client)
    - Forum Viewer (not from school) (you create a program that collects the data from a forum, and put it all in an easy-to-use interface)...

As I said, you should tell us what you want to practice... Web development? threads? windows processes? Dynamic library listings (DLL)?

Darn username I in 2008... Stuck with it until Sony decides to allow us to change usernames...

Thanks

Your projects should really come from you. You say you're still learning which is why you need to ask for ideas. But you have a genuine interest if you want to do it out of school. That's good. In that case a good idea would be to get a book, and advance along on your own, doing the exercises. That way when you go back to school you'll be ahead of your class.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by maca View Post
    Your projects should really come from you. You say you're still learning which is why you need to ask for ideas. But you have a genuine interest if you want to do it out of school. That's good. In that case a good idea would be to get a book, and advance along on your own, doing the exercises. That way when you go back to school you'll be ahead of your class.
    Yeah, if you have a real passion for programming, you'll see it all around you... you'll be using you computer, and will want some random program that you can't find online. As a programmer, you have no limitations on which program you use... I finished programming, and now i'm studying electronics to be able to build peripherals for my PC, instead of just using programs... It depends what you need
    Darn username I in 2008... Stuck with it until Sony decides to allow us to change usernames...

Thanks

Programming in Visual Basic is really simple.....
    Who i am ?
    I am your worst nightmare ever has been happening to you.

Thanks
    EP Points

He seemed to want to say "Visual Studio 2010 Express" since the language would be "Visual Basic .Net 4.0"

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk