Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Regrets?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You know I have a lot of regrets. Mostly about my life. I regret ever trying to commit suicide back in 8th grade. I regret having sex before marriage. (Yes, I'm a Christian.) But you know, we all make mistakes and I guess I'm still living in the past. It kinda sucks. I also wish I would've payed more attention in past school years, now this year's my Senior year and I'm gonna have a really tough time. But that's pree much all my regrets. Oh, and I also regret ever starting smoking pot and smoking all-together...

Edit: I also regret not taking the job as a DJ. I had a job offer but I didn't take it and I have no fucking idea why...
    Last edited by Ace Ventura; 22nd-June-2011 at 23:06.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I just realized that I never responded to this, even though it keeps showing up on my New Post every time I visit the site.

So here goes.

Regret #1: I regret not moving to Vancouver with my parents when my dad got his promotion. I had just graduated and it seemed kind of silly to move with my parents when they were moving, but getting off the island, into a new city, and starting fresh probably would have helped me quite a bit. I feel to confined living in my city -- there's not enough to do and most of my friends have moved anyways, including my best friend who moved to (wait for it...) Vancouver. I think living with my parents would have given me the dedication to finish college, rather than dropping out.

Regret #2: Along the same lines as above, a few years ago I got bored in a computer class during my last year of high school, so on a whim I decided to move to Edmonton. Stayed there for about... five weeks, I think, before I decided "fuck this" and came back. Kind of wish I had stuck that out, too.

Regret #3: I wish I had been able to make it work with my ex. I'm not saying I have any intentions of going back to her, were the opportunity ever to come up, but I kind of wish I had tried a bit harder to resolve our issues. Couples counseling, trying to set aside time for "us." Being a bit more receptive to what she was saying at the time. Stuff like that.

Regret #4: I wish I had tried harder in high school. I know I'm not a genius by any means, but I also know I'm a smart person (for the most part), and I could have made something of myself outside of cutting meat if I had tried a bit harder back then. You never really realize just how much skating through high school can effect your life after you graduate, though. Now, to get into some of the things I'm interested in, I would have to go back and do some upgrading first, which I don't really have the ambition for.

Regret #5: I regret not taking the supervisor position I was offered at work. In hindsight, it would have been a good idea -- my "hourly" rate would have been lower (it's a salary position) -- but at least I would be working full time. I would be running my own (albeit small) department, and I would at least be moving slightly ahead in the company, instead of being left in a stagnant position with a bunch of colleagues that, for the most part, I can't stand.

... I know I've got more. I've got a lot more, actually. I just can't think clearly at the moment.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GameHelpOnline View Post
    I regret ever trying to commit suicide back in 8th grade.
    That is brave of you to admit that here. I never attempted suicide but I thought about it in 7th grade when I started middle school in the Midwest. I had moved from the West coast and the kids were a lot tougher out here in WI. I adapted over time but at first it was very hard.

I think that a lot of young people might end up thinking about taking their own life around that age due to a lack of perspective; ie: thinking that it is glamorous to put an end to our pain in a way that will shock those around us, when the simple reality is that most people close to the death will grieve for a time and then just go on with their own lives as if nothing has changed.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    That is brave of you to admit that here. I never attempted suicide but I thought about it in 7th grade when I started middle school in the Midwest. I had moved from the West coast and the kids were a lot tougher out here in WI. I adapted over time but at first it was very hard.

I think that a lot of young people might end up thinking about taking their own life around that age due to a lack of perspective; ie: thinking that it is glamorous to put an end to our pain in a way that will shock those around us, when the simple reality is that most people close to the death will grieve for a time and then just go on with their own lives as if nothing has changed.
    I'm not afraid to admit anything at all. I'm an open person.

But the kids here in Iowa where I live, they're pretty tough too. I get the shit beat out of me constantly during school.=/

You know that's another thing I regret, not fighting back and not taking Karate classes and shit like that.

But I agree, a lot of kids these days think about taking their lives. I would know, a couple of my friends tried. Once I was talking to a girl over webcam, she was a really good friend of mine, and she said: This is the last time you'll see my face, or hear my voice. And I'm like: "What...What do you mean?" Then she slit her own throat...It scarred me for life...Literally....I wake up with the image, I go to bed with the image, it'll never leave my mind...

Thanks

I've spoken about my regrets previously here. But yes, I do regret coming to Australia & getting married young.
    And yet strangely I also regret separating from my husband. Even if he was a bastard.

I shouldn't have torched my career, but then I shouldn't have chosen alcohol & drugs as a comfortable solution as opposed to dealing with things. I regret not spending more time with my parents, specifically my mother whilst she was still here on this earth.

I regret my borderline poverty, but really it all just stems back to the series of choices I made after meeting a guy. I used to be a pretty happy cat, so that's really all there is to say.

EDIT: I do not regret cocaine though. That is fantastic and fixes all my sadfaces. Even if it is STILL part of avoiding the central issues.

Once I was talking to a girl over webcam, she was a really good friend of mine, and she said: This is the last time you'll see my face, or hear my voice. And I'm like: "What...What do you mean?" Then she slit her own throat...It scarred me for life...Literally....I wake up with the image, I go to bed with the image, it'll never leave my mind...
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    Last edited by Saril; 24th-June-2011 at 11:27.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Lets see here.

First and foremost, i regret diving off of that boat when i was 13. Who would've guessed i would spend 2 weeks in the hospital with a fractured spine.
    Getting addicted to cocaine when i was 17 and dropping out of high school in my Junior year would probably be a close second.
    I regret not getting a job where i lived previously so i could stay there and not have to go with my mom to live at my dads house, leaving my sister alone, again...
    I regret breaking up with my ex over stupid shit and not trying to work things out. Instead, i got upset and assumed things when there was probably nothing going on at all. We really had something special. More recently, i regret stealing from my employer and getting fired, putting me in the position i am now.

But, for every one thing i regret, there are 10 things im glad i did.
    The past is the past and there's nothing we can do about it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Saril View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    ...Why would I take pics of that?!

Thanks
    EP Points

...Why would I take pics of that?!
    Means we think your talking shit.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I have a few. Also this thread...quite depressing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    QTF.

@ARProductions: You know, you are right. But its also heartening to see the huge array of human suffering we have on offer here. I mean look how broken we all are and yet its not like we're all running off to anhero tonight.

There's a little room for hope.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Saril View Post
    QTF.

@ARProductions: You know, you are right. But its also heartening to see the huge array of human suffering we have on offer here. I mean look how broken we all are and yet its not like we're all running off to anhero tonight.

There's a little room for hope.
    Well I was just being a smartass saying that....but ok.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    Well unlike most people I don't talk shit. I actually tell the truth. It scarred me for fucking life...

Thanks

I vote we don't derail this thread about something that likely can't be proved one way or the other.

Well, in short, I'm with Jase. I've messed up my fair share of school and relationships as well, but all of those bad-in-hindsight decisions I made are decisions that seemed right to me at the time and taught me valuable lessons, so I don't know what I'm supposed to be regretting - not being even smarter and wiser for my age than I already was? Not being guided by the hand of fate?

Maybe I'd be of a different mind if I'd ruined anything (other than those particular relationships, but plenty of fish in a barrel, etc) permanently, but it turns out that once you're past the age of 20 or so it really doesn't matter that much if you get started on what you want to do a year or three later than you had originally planned. Or it did for me, anyway.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

Wink

I just read the thread, and I'm like WoW.

So many people with so many troubles, from drugs to being abused.

Even though many those problems come with hardlife situation some of them are caused by bad decisions and there regrets come.

Concerning my own life, I'm no kid anymore, but I had pretty chilled teen age, enjoying it and having few or no bad decisions at all, at least ones that I would regret.
    Since I come from a poor country, that was in the war whilst I was a baby, any kind of education rolling was a great thing. After getting into international HS and then going to USA to study, I thought this is the chance of my life. And it was.

But I kinda managed to mess it up and I only did 1 year up there, and here I'm back to my country, finishing local college with no problems at all.

Just was too late to get ambitious and fly up to study and finish that shit.

For all the people with problems; keep your heads up. Life gives shit and takes shit. But we try to enjoy it.

Now I realize I'm happy that I still live in my parents house and spend time with them, that I'm not early married, that I got some college degree coming and no addictions whatsoever (smoking, drugs) besides occasional partying. XD

Well, I had a relationship that ended recently and kind of prematurely after a year and a half. I kind of regret not making it work at this time. But who knows what future brings, we're still in touch.

Cheers all.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner8 View Post
    it turns out that once you're past the age of 20 or so it really doesn't matter that much if you get started on what you want to do a year or three later than you had originally planned.
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by Yubson View Post
    Life gives shit and takes shit. But we try to enjoy it.
    I like that.