Thread: PS1 emulation help with FFIX.

Thanks

Default PS1 emulation help with FFIX.

So the thing is, I REALLY want to play Final Fantasy IX.

But, for the life of me, I can't get ePSXe to run. I don't have much know how in this type of stuff as in what plugins to use, settings etc. because apparently there's a lot of configuration required for each different game.

I'd really like an emulator upload which is configured exactly to be able to run FFIX. I would really appreciate that.

Thanks

You could try psxfin its not the best emulator but for Final Fantasy IX it works perfectly
    Link - http://www.4shared.com/file/DpITVygk..._113__BIO.html
    I use the scph 1001 bio's which you should have for ePSXe anyway so just copy into the psxfin bio's folder and it should work fine
    It don't come with a memcard though so you might wanna copy that to

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by BloodWolf481 View Post
    You could try psxfin its not the best emulator but for Final Fantasy IX it works perfectly
    Link - http://www.4shared.com/file/DpITVygk..._113__BIO.html
    I use the scph 1001 bio's which you should have for ePSXe anyway so just copy into the psxfin bio's folder and it should work fine
    It don't come with a memcard though so you might wanna copy that to
    It will still crash on disc 3 though when the airship is attacked and when bahumat is summoned so you may aswell use ePSXe 1.7.0 which fixes this issue
    Quote Originally Posted by rashrules View Post
    So the thing is, I REALLY want to play Final Fantasy IX.

But, for the life of me, I can't get ePSXe to run. I don't have much know how in this type of stuff as in what plugins to use, settings etc. because apparently there's a lot of configuration required for each different game.

I'd really like an emulator upload which is configured exactly to be able to run FFIX. I would really appreciate that.
    use this its a ePSXe starter pack i made it contains all the plugins and bios's ill upload some screenies on how you should configure it in a moment
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennieboi20 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It never crashed for me on disc 3 i used the emulator and didn't have any problems
    But you sound like you know what your talking about

Thanks
    EP Points

im sure it was disc 3 it crashed on, and the screenshots are being upped now
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	settings 2.jpg 
Views:	822 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	25346

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	settings.jpg 
Views:	1003 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	25347
    Last edited by Bennieboi20; 18th-June-2011 at 00:40.
    *Computer Specs*

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennieboi20 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it, though it still doesn't run. I get a black screen and an icon on the top right saying "Standard 1" with a picture of a controller.

Thanks
    EP Points

That's the emulator booting up the game. What until the icon is gone and it will start the game.
    That's the PS1 being read, except without the bios screen

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    That's the emulator booting up the game. What until the icon is gone and it will start the game.
    That's the PS1 being read, except without the bios screen
    sometimes the screen goes blank if theres copy protection i cant remember if the PAL one did or not though.....

EDIT: it seems i was correct in my assumtion, FFIX is PAL copy protected, either download the NTSC-U one or i can try to find a patch for you if you wish?
    Last edited by Bennieboi20; 22nd-June-2011 at 11:13.
    *Computer Specs*

Thanks

Alright, I have a strange turn of events to share.

On a whim, I tried starting Disc 2 instead of Disc 1 and, whaddya know, it worked. The Disc 2 file was the only one which I downloaded from a different website (the other ones were labeled Final Fantasy IX [NTSC-U] [DiscXof4] [SLUS-012XX])

But even though Disc 2 runs, 1, 3 and 4 don't. I assume that since the Disc 2 file was different, then that means the original 'set' of 4 discs which the Disc 2 ISO belongs too would run too, if you understand what I'm saying. The problem is that I forgot which website I downloaded Disc 2 from.

Since I left the .rar file unchanged, it would be a GREAT, GREAT help if someone could help me track down the other ISOs in Disc 2's set. The rar file is named exactly "Final Fantasy IX Disc 2 [SLUS-01295]" The name is slightly different from the other 3. It's contents are named FF9 CD2.ccd, FF9 CD2.img and FF9 CD2.sub.

Again, this might be the wrong method of looking at the emulation issue since I'm not knowledgeable about these things, but if someone happens to have the other ISOs in the set or knows where to download them, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance to whoever helps track these specific files down. I really want to play FF9 since many call it the best in the series.

EDIT: For the record, I'm still using the emulator Bennieboi20 provided. I changed the settings to matched the screenshots he posted and nothing else.
    Last edited by rashrules; 25th-June-2011 at 15:46.