Thread: How to play GC back ups on modded Wii?

Thanks

Default How to play GC back ups on modded Wii?

I have a modded Wii that has homebrew and GX USB Loader and all that good stuff on it. I pretty savvy with all this. But I can't figure out how to go about and make a GC emulator on my Wii. I have a N64 and DS and GBC, etc. But I'm not sure if it is or isn't possible to play GC back ups on my Wii.

Help?

Thanks

From what I've gathered you can't load GC backups through usb. Your Wii has to be capable of reading burned dvds. There are newer drives and chipsets out that prevent that from happening.

Basically if you bought your Wii relatively recently, then playing GC backups without a physical modchip is not possible.

As an aside (I really didn't want to make another thread about this), I just softmodded my Wii and am having a hard time pinning down whether or not my Wii can actually read my burned discs.

Wiidrives tells me I have a 50/50 chance of having a GC2-D2C2 (v2) or GC2-D2E.

Could anyone give me a tip about this? I burned SMK: DD to a DVD, the GC logo showed up in the disc channel, tried to start it, screen went to 480i for a second then went back to the system menu.

Any help would be great, thanks.
    Last edited by vitz3; 18th-June-2011 at 03:12. Reason: removed off-site links

Thanks

Right. So the only way for my to play GC games is to burn the Iso onto actual DVD's/CD's and just insert it into my Wii? Like any regular game? And it would show up on the Disc Channel?

/Totally clueless

I'm pretty sure my Wii is soft modded to be able to read burned CD/DVDs

Thanks

I'm guessing your Wii is second-hand.

Yeah, GC games only load from disc AFAIK

BUT

If your Wii has one of the newer drives that can't read burned discs, then there's nothing that can be done. Your only option at that point is to load from USB, but that takes GC games out of the picture. GC can't load USB.

I'm kinda in the same boat, trying to determine if my Wii has one the 'new drives'.

Thanks

I've had my Wii for years now. I'm pretty sure it's has an older driver. I got it right when it came out I believe. Sometime in 2006-2007

Thanks

What's AFAIK?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tro View Post
    What's AFAIK?
    As Far As I Know

Thanks

Oh hahaha

Thanks

Well, crapcakes.... It worked. My Wii's compatible

OK, so you want to look for NEOGAMMA R9 B47 , put that bitch on an SD card in the apps folder (make one if needed). Read the instructions, run it (either through the homebrew channel or install the .wad. Choose boot DVD.

Play games
    Last edited by vitz3; 20th-June-2011 at 03:36. Reason: removed off-site links

Thanks

Ok. So I have some games I've downloaded from this site. When I extract them some are Isos and others are GCM files. What do i do with the GCM files...? Do in treat them like the Isos?

Thanks

Bump?

Thanks

ImgBurn should be able to burn your gcm files.

Thanks

Ok, great. I found a Neogamma R9 B47 wad and installed in on my Wii as a channel. I couldn't find a app of it... just the wad.

I opened it the channel with the burned DVD-r with Pokemon Colluseem on it. It starts the game, but before anything shows up the screen gos green and when i press a button my Wii restarts.

So, my Wii shows that a GC game is in the Disc Channel, so I tried to play through that, same thing happens, but no green screen.

....Help?

Did I maybe burn the game wrong? I used ImgBurn. It was a GCM file.

Thanks

Bump?