Hey guys! Wow its been a while since I've been here. As the title suggests, I've been workin on a 2D remake of FF7 that aims to not only capture the feel of the original, but also be faithful from a technical standpoint as well. I've been able to put together this demo with an implementation of the original FF7 mechanics with a battle system thats about 90% complete (I did all the pixel art too). I'm posting this here because I'd like to gather some more feedback on if I've successfully captured the feel of the original.

Most of the bugs have been identified already in the other forums I've posted this, but if you find anything wrong let me know anyway as it may have been something others missed!

Lastly, its a packed exe with Molebox so if your antivirus is complaining about it thats whats causing it.

Demo:

Release 1: "Proof of Concept" (8.5mb)

Screenshots:

Video:

A taste of the intro (the whole Midgar shot will be done once I get the bombing mission finished)

The battle system

Also there's a few other vids in my youtube profile that you're welcome to go fishing for if you want to see a more detailed look at the menu/battle system.