Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Playing with the less loved consoles

Thanks
    EP Points

So many hours of my life were wasted on the Dreamcast. Due to money being an issue throughout my childhood we always got a console as it was on its way out and you could get its games for next to nothing. We had a massive collection of original Dreamcast games... Yeah, we had no idea the Dreamcast played burned games without modification.

Anyway, I spent so much time playing the likes of: Sega GT, Metropolis Street Racer, Shenmue, Berserk: Guts' Rage, Jet Set Radio, etc etc.

Thanks

I still have my Jaguar & 3DO (both connected to my 42" plasma now). They get bad raps, there were some decent games there (Tempest 2000, Alien vs. Predator, Atari Karts and pretty good versions of Doom and Wolfenstein 3D (actually ported by Carmack and iD, not a third party) on the Jag, among others, with Space Hulk, Star Control II, Wing Commander III, Return Fire and Alone in the Dark being among the standouts on the 3DO.

Thanks

I used to have a Turbographics 16, and I thought Bonk's Adventure was pretty awesome, liked it better than Mario or Sonic.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ive owned and played on many many machines in my time heres a list of the lesser played on due to retroness or outside the mainstream

Neo Geo
    Neo Geo Pocket Color
    Bandai Wonderswan
    Bandai Wonderswan Color (Final Fantasy Limited Edition)
    Atari Jaguar
    Goldstar 3DO
    Sega Saturn
    Atari 2600
    Amiga 500
    Atari 65XE
    Atari Lynx
    Sega Master System (well if your in europe they was common as muck but in the us i hear its alot more rare since us was nes dominated)
    PC Engine
    Sega Game Gear

Thanks
    EP Points

I've played around a bit with the 3DO, think it was a fighting game mostly that I played. Way of the Warrior? Dunno long time ago but it wasn't terrible as I recall.

I liked SegaCD. Eternal champions, Sonic and Lunar. Yummies. Think I've played every release for it at least once.

Had an Atari Lynx once (found it surprisingly......or not surprisingly ) had Afterburn in it I think. Or some sorta fighter plane game anyways.

Then there's my lovely Intellivision, which I think is still at my Dads. Lotsa fun on that when I was a tyke before the NES came out. Still have nightmares about mousetrap

I loved the Dreamcast which seems to be well liked by everyone here and I wouldn't consider it a less loved system in the first place.

Wasted so much time on that, had a VGA box with a separate monitor all set up on a little desk. Even had that thingum that played Gran Turismo 2. I should have kept it.
    Last edited by Zaladane; 16th-July-2011 at 20:21.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Ive owned and played on many many machines in my time heres a list of the lesser played on due to retroness or outside the mainstream

Neo Geo
    Neo Geo Pocket Color
    Bandai Wonderswan
    Bandai Wonderswan Color (Final Fantasy Limited Edition)
    Atari Jaguar
    Goldstar 3DO
    Sega Saturn
    Atari 2600
    Amiga 500
    Atari 65XE
    Atari Lynx
    Sega Master System (well if your in europe they was common as muck but in the us i hear its alot more rare since us was nes dominated)
    PC Engine
    Sega Game Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    I've played around a bit with the 3DO, think it was a fighting game mostly that I played. Way of the Warrior? Dunno long time ago but it wasn't terrible as I recall.

I liked SegaCD. Eternal champions, Sonic and Lunar. Yummies. Think I've played every release for it at least once.

Had an Atari Lynx once (found it surprisingly......or not surprisingly ) had Afterburn in it I think. Or some sorta fighter plane game anyways.

Then there's my lovely Intellivision, which I think is still at my Dads. Lotsa fun on that when I was a tyke before the NES came out. Still have nightmares about mousetrap

I loved the Dreamcast which seems to be well liked by everyone here and I wouldn't consider it a less loved system in the first place.

Wasted so much time on that, had a VGA box with a separate monitor all set up on a little desk. Even had that thingum that played Gran Turismo 2. I should have kept it.
    You two are awesome. This kind of posts were the ones I was looking for.
    Seems I was pretty well informed about Tempest 2000 and Return Fire... too bad I couldn't emulate T2k the last time I tried.

For Zaladane, man, get The Terminator and Android Assault. Those two are big favorites of mine on the Sega CD.
    Do you recall any good game for the Lynx?
    I am Mega Man, I'm blue and cyan - the creation of Dr Light (or Right, if you're from Japan)
    Also known as Rockman

My Mega Buster can cut the mustard, I'm a flustered amputee
    POW POW!
    Eight robot bosses in eight levels dishevel and revel in devilry,
    I'll steal their weaponry!

I am also known as the "Blue Bomber"
    I could shoot the legs off Jeffrey Dahmer
    Kill a robot fish, kill a robot frog,
    and then I ride off on my robot dog...

JOIN THE SHMUP MANIACS! Arcade & home console 2D shmups!

vThanks button, down herev

Thanks

Growing up with two older brothers I was lucky enough to play Ikari Warriors, The Last Ninja, Barbarian, Terminator 2 and Ghosts N Goblins on the C64. They had an Atari in the house so Centipede and Space Invaders got played too. Funny how those games were considered the best shit ever by people of any age. Don't get me wrong, they were. It's just I wouldn't play them now. The first device I owned was the original Gameboy.
    I seen someone play Sonic and Columns on a Game Gear, I was facinated because it had colour. A friend had a Nes and another had a master system. Then I got a Sega Mega Drive, my friend got a SNES.
    When the PSX first came out I knew better not to ask for one till about four years later. Goldeneye was the primary reason anyone bought a N64 when it came bundled with it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by maca View Post
    Growing up with two older brothers I was lucky enough to play Ikari Warriors, The Last Ninja, Barbarian, Terminator 2 and Ghosts N Goblins on the C64. They had an Atari in the house so Centipede and Space Invaders got played too. Funny how those games were considered the best shit ever by people of any age. Don't get me wrong, they were. It's just I wouldn't play them now. The first device I owned was the original Gameboy.
    I seen someone play Sonic and Columns on a Game Gear, I was facinated because it had colour. A friend had a Nes and another had a master system. Then I got a Sega Mega Drive, my friend got a SNES.
    When the PSX first came out I knew better not to ask for one till about four years later. Goldeneye was the primary reason anyone bought a N64 when it came bundled with it.
    Em... that's cool, but how is that related to what I asked?
    Not even one of all the consoles you mentioned lacks love...
    I am Mega Man, I'm blue and cyan - the creation of Dr Light (or Right, if you're from Japan)
    Also known as Rockman

My Mega Buster can cut the mustard, I'm a flustered amputee
    POW POW!
    Eight robot bosses in eight levels dishevel and revel in devilry,
    I'll steal their weaponry!

I am also known as the "Blue Bomber"
    I could shoot the legs off Jeffrey Dahmer
    Kill a robot fish, kill a robot frog,
    and then I ride off on my robot dog...

JOIN THE SHMUP MANIACS! Arcade & home console 2D shmups!

vThanks button, down herev

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpiralPegasus View Post
    Em... that's cool, but how is that related to what I asked?
    Not even one of all the consoles you mentioned lacks love...
    Probably not much. Someone mentioned the C64 and made me all nostalgic.

Thanks

I never played C64 but i recently found a pocketstation emu but have been to lazy to set it up.