Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Playing with the less loved consoles

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Playing with the less loved consoles

Hello lovely people!

Being the gaming nut I am there are very little things I refuse to play and I believe every console had some potential going for it (and in case the console was "$&"#$ it'd still have some good games).

"What do I care?"

I.. uh... well, I don't know.

Maybe you like good games? You see, when a console fails to get enough attention it is usually regarded as bad, and perfectly good, fun games go by unnoticed.

Anyway... have you played any console not from of the big four (SEGA, Nintendo, Sony, Micro$oft) or not-so popular attachments? (Sega CD, Famicom Disk System, etc.)
    If not, what about emulation? Ever tried the Sharp X68000, 3DO.... or the ill-famed Virtual Boy?

Thanks

I've tried the Sega CD as well as the Virtual Boy... let's not speak of the latter... felt like I would see red for the rest of my life.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Powers View Post
    I've tried the Sega CD as well as the Virtual Boy... let's not speak of the latter... felt like I would see red for the rest of my life.
    DERP, I should have stated it above. My intention was to find out what games did people enjoy most on each console.

For example (via emulation) I found out that Teleroboxer, Wario Land and 3D Tetris for the Virtual Boy were pretty damn awesome.
    I have even found that the 32X (Which I hate) had a good game: Kolibri.
    And so on; last week I tried the Lynx and on saturday I plan to give the Sharp X68000 a go, as well as Return Fire for the 3DO.

Which games do you like guys?

Thanks

No i dont think ive played anything other than big company but the gamecube is pretty underloved and i play that more than my 360..
    Persona is so beast...

Thanks
    EP Points

I have played the CD-i. I don't remember the name of it, but it was a really weird board type game.

Thanks
    EP Points

I played my Sega GameGear quite a bit back in the day. I loved that thing to death. I remember as a kid seeing advertisements in the newspaper and christmas catalogs for the VirtualBoy for $20, marked down from $200. I begged for one, and never got it. In some way I regret not getting one because it is now an infamous piece of gaming history. A friend from down the road has one still.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Can't really say I've really played any of the "less loved" consoles. My family used to wait a couple of years before picking up any new console, just to make sure that it did well before they wasted their money on it. After I grew up and started buying my own consoles, I would do the same thing. I didn't get a PS3 until late last year (sometime in August, I think), and I probably won't get a 360 until it's considered obsolete.

The only "less loved" system I've ever really played was a GameGear, and that was only because a buddy of mine had one, and I would play it sometimes. I probably spent a grand total of two hours on it.

Thanks
    EP Points

I just bought a Dreamcast last year... mostly for the homebrew possibilities. It has some fun games (Shenmue, Crazy Taxi, Jet Grind Radio), but doesn't get as much play as my N64, PS2, or Wii. Now, if I could get MAME4all working on it, that might be a different story.
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".
    *My username will unlock my uploads, if a password is needed.
    *Games, Guitars, or Girls... choose any two.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

My brother owns a 3DO console, a CD-I, a lynx, Sega-CD and 32x and probably some more stuff. And I've, naturally, played loads of Atari and C64.

Sadly don't have much more to add. I've mostly tried them out, don't really remember playing anything too memorable. Although that car game for Sega CD is pretty funky. Oh, and the Sonic game too. Infiltrator and Ghostbusters rocked for the C64.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I had a C64, that I picked up off a girlfriend's dad about... 8 years ago. Came with a shit ton of games, too... I just never really used it beyond a little bit of tinkering.
    I also had a Dreamcast, which I bought off a buddy about ten years ago. I think I sold it about four years ago. Again, never really played it... I only had a couple of games. The best of which was Worms: Armageddon. But I don't consider the Dreamcast a "less loved" console, since I've seen what a huge fanbase it has.

Thanks
    EP Points

I think I've also played a 3DO as well. It's been awhile, so I don't remember much.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I think Dreamcast should count. I have over 100 real copies of games for it now.

I've also played, Sega CD, Gamegear and some others.

Thanks

The Dreamcast isn't a less loved console...ah who am I kidding...

But I seriously love the Dreamcast. It had a lot of great games. The Gamegear was a good system, too.

Thanks

ive always wanted to try out the dreamcast.. mostly for jet grind radio and to try out homebrew.. if that's even possible or if there is any.
    Persona is so beast...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If nothing got ported later Dreamcast would be total beast. See: Rez, Ikaruga, Skies of Arcadia etc...