Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beta release of RomsBase - Tool for dowload any good's roms set!

spider3 Guest

Default Beta release of RomsBase - Tool for dowload any good's roms set!

Woah, I did it
    Get the first beta release here:
    http://www.ticino.com/usr/spider3/RomsBaseB.zip
    And the DATA file (needed to run the program)
    http://www.ticino.com/usr/spider3/RomsBase.dat

These are the current features:

*Server status cheking at startup
    *All roms list are automatically generated, this program will auto-update the roms list whenever the server updates
    *All good's sets are available on 3 servers
    *Roms manager included to find the missing roms on local drive

Now it's YOUR turn! Please test, debug, and try everything. Please post here or send me an email if you find any bugs or problem!

A last note for leechers - This beta WILL DOWNLOAD the requested roms, but it won't save any files on disk. This features will be enabled, after i'll find a solution for keep safe the roms server bandwidth, in the final version.

Alright, have fun!

*UPDATE*: v0.91 released, some bug fix and improvements
    *UPDATE*: v0.92released, some bug fix, Dat file fixed, Speed /Size counter for emuchina download enabled
    *UPDATE*:v0.93 released, tons of bugs fixed, added roms list selection on key Press

For future updates, check http://snoopx.mirrorz.com/romsbase

SSJ4Gotenks 1 Guest

Ok, I am the first one to check this out.

SSJ4Gotenks 1 Guest

That is pretty good! Keep up the great work!

RaNDOM Guest

Nice program, can't wait for you to release one that'll let me keep the games . Till then, i guess i'll have to be happy with my 30+ RPGs for SNES...

SSJ4Gotenks 1 Guest

Why don't you log on to an ftp and get some psx iso's?

RaNDOM Guest

56 k connection that runs at 26.6 k at best (i live too far out, and i don't have DSL yet). a 700 kb trainer for Max Payne took me 8 minutes...but, as long as i don't download anything, my computer runs pretty fast. Anyways, i like the classic systems better (NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Atari 2800, etc).

SSJ4Gotenks 1 Guest

Oh... Man, that sucks. I have Cable.
    pros- always on, faster than 56k
    cons- none that i know of

RaNDOM Guest

you forgot that it doesn't tie up the phone line. and that list you have is exactly the reason i'm going to get cable.

SSJ4Gotenks 1 Guest

Oh. Well excuse my temporary ignorance to the proper list of the wonderful reasons to buy the grand and exalted "Cable Modem".

RaNDOM Guest

ok.

JadeSaber Guest

Cable Modem cons...at least for me
    1- Price too steep. I have too much I have to pay for now. Paying over twice what I pay now for internet is a bit much.
    2-Cable doesn't reach the outter-rim territories. That could force you to use a slightly slower DSL.

And the biggest con-
    If I had a cable modem, I would have my HD so full of stuff it would move like a 30 pound cat.
    (of course, if I could afford it, that is a risk I would gladly take.)

SSJ4Gotenks 1 Guest

Cable!!!!!

Thanks

Most of us are limited by our hard disk space, or either our connection speed.

I'll check out the program shortly.

Thanks

space is no prob. im actully trying to get it so i have more crap but slow connection limits my range of games avalible to me
    So I make games now sort of. Check the out the one I have in the IGF this year, its totally free: www.mackvswindows.com

Also add me on things.
    twitter: solidusjoe
    Game networks on my profile.

Thanks

The RomsBase is a fantastic program and has definitely served its intended purpose. The quick selection tool is handy.

However, the icon is a bit difficult to see. Furthermore, the tab beside get list, I guess, was presumably intended to only select out the roms starting out with that letter. However, there are problems with it; that is, it works inconsistently. For example, if I go to EdgeEmu, and search under Sega Master System, with the tab set at #, I get a list including a,b,c,d,e,... for the whole alphabet. Then, if I try to narrow down my search, by changing the tab to D, it does not narrow down the list. It still processes the request, but presents the same list as the one presented under # to me. In contrast, when I choose the Edgeemu Rom set, and choose # under Nintendo Super NES/Famicom, I get the expected list, and then if I try D, I get the expected list displayed (roms starting with D) as well.

Is Emusanet included as well, because it would be a nice addition.