Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I am sick to my ass of all this hacking bullshit on game companies!!!!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ollieisamuppet View Post
    "What are they trying to prove?"

Simple. They're trying to prove that they can actually *do* it. That's what "hacking" is all about.

I don't think it's such a bad thing if they farmed your email address and/or birthday, etc.. the fact that these guys are all being attacked proves their security is deficient. So, like Sony, Codemasters will now tighten their security to prevent such a thing from happening again. That's gotta be good for everyone, right? (at least in the long run)

At least CM actually hashed your passwords and didn't store them as plain text.. (thanks again Sony). Seeing as probably 60% of people use the same damn password for everything..
    I use very long and complex passwords for any site where security of my account is a concern. Everything else, well, I can always recover or reset my password.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shardnax View Post
    I use very long and complex passwords for any site where security of my account is a concern. Everything else, well, I can always recover or reset my password.
    Same here. All of the passwords I used are completely unique and totally different from each other. It's absolutely shocking (or is it?) to see a lot of people using the same weak password for everything. People just don't listen.

OK, so these hackers have made it more than apparent that the security needs to be fixed and tightened --- if that was their real objective. However, aren't they venturing into a completely different area when they start saying things such "say your prayers, Brink users"? That's a threat. How's that proving that security needs to be improved upon?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by RockyRaccoon View Post
    Same here. All of the passwords I used are completely unique and totally different from each other. It's absolutely shocking (or is it?) to see a lot of people using the same weak password for everything. People just don't listen.

OK, so these hackers have made it more than apparent that the security needs to be fixed and tightened --- if that was their real objective. However, aren't they venturing into a completely different area when they start saying things such "say your prayers, Brink users"? That's a threat. How's that proving that security needs to be improved upon?
    It's called "arrogance". They 'know' that they can do this, and think it hilarious that they can threaten those who they're going to hack soon. It's nothing more than sheer bravado. While I understand - to an extent - that they hack to prove that there are security flaws, I have no patience for people being mouthy little idiots like that.

"Ooooh, look at me, I have the ability to figure out a security protocol. Now to piss off absolutely everyone I can. Because I CAN!"

Shitheads.

Thanks
    EP Points

Looks like Minecraft, League of Legends, and EVE Online have been hit.

http://www.psu.com/The-daily-hack--M...a012015-p0.php

Thanks

Apparently, some people are actually enjoying what lulzsec is doing. Yeah, it's all for teh lulz until they start screwing around with something you use. The crap I read on their twitter page is pathetic and sad.

This garbage has to end. Where are all the white hat hackers at?
    Last edited by RockyRaccoon; 15th-June-2011 at 19:35.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by RockyRaccoon View Post
    Apparent, some people are actually enjoying what lulzsec is doing. Yeah, it's all for teh lulz until they start screwing around with something you use. The crap I read on their twitter page is pathetic and sad.

This garbage has to end. Where are all the white hat hackers at?
    so there is another group out as well? (lulzsec)

Thanks
    EP Points

It makes me think of hen pecking, or feather pecking as it is called here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feather_pecking

Thanks

I know it's bad and everything, but I want to see where this will all lead and how far it will go before the hackers are caught. They certainly keep busy, that much is certain. It kind of reminds me of Anonymous, only a tad more random, if that's even possible.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Marche100 View Post
    I know it's bad and everything, but I want to see where this will all lead and how far it will go before the hackers are caught. They certainly keep busy, that much is certain. It kind of reminds me of Anonymous, only a tad more random, if that's even possible.
    Possibly. I don't really want to see where this all will lead. I have a fairly shrewd suspicion. Specifically: They'll probably get caught in the end, sued for everything they had, have, and will have, following which everyone will pretty much forget about it. This sort of bullshit isn't even proving anything. They're just screwing about and squealing for attention like pigs to the bloody slaughter. As far as I'm concerned, these useless little twits need to get their heads examined. The examination will undoubtedly reveal that euthanasia is the kindest thing to do to them, as they cannot possibly function like normal human beings.

Whoa. I'm harsh today.

Sensible though. Damn I'm awesome.
    Last edited by Dr. Ivo Robotnik; 16th-June-2011 at 00:09.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Ivo Robotnik For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Lutzsec took down The Escapist for awhile on Tuesday because they said bad things about them.

This is just getting childish, when originally it was just pointless.

Thanks
    EP Points

i find it funny how we know who attacked the world trade centers and found osama bin laden yet we cant even find who these hackers are. thats really freaking sad if you ask me! but no one did and idc all i care about is watching the show. whats funny is the internet tracks everything you do no matter what (as far as i know), and cell phones ect. not to mention a freaking facebook page. hey as long as they dont steal what i dont have fine by me!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to garrendesares For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It took 10 years, 2 pointless wars and the US sinking into massive debt to find Osama.

I'm pretty sure we'll find some of these hackers for far less. It just takes time, like all things.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    It took 10 years, 2 pointless wars and the US sinking into massive debt to find Osama.

I'm pretty sure we'll find some of these hackers for far less. It just takes time, like all things.
    not if the government doesnt want to find them. as long as they dont hack into the pentigon and steal the countries secrets they dont give a flying f. anyway i wont talk about my conspiracy on here lol i just wanted to point something out sorry

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nonsense; once companies get messed with, they pull the leashes of their bought politicians who then command their peons to FIND THESE TERRORISTS so they can get more campaign contributions.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah what is this group out for other than supposed "Glory" if they want that they need to find a hole.
    The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

- James Oliver Rigney Jr. aka Robert Jordan (God rest his Soul.) 10-17-1948 to 09-16-2007