Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I am sick to my ass of all this hacking bullshit on game companies!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Lightslei View Post
    I was unaware of this. Can you give me a source?

http://kotaku.com/5504145/xbox-live-...d-are-you-next

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Lightslei View Post
    I was unaware of this. Can you give me a source?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightslei
    Google is more than capable of providing an answer.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slacker Magician For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
    Actually, there are two basic camps of hackers.

White hats simply go into systems as a challenge to their skills, they don't actually do anything other than enter and leave.

Black Hats usually attack something for various reasons, they can steal but it's not always the main goal.
    Haha. Just like theres two camps of pot smokers now >.<

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    I'd like to present the award for most retarded post in a thread too *drum roll* THIS GUY!
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahah
    "Life is what you make of it. Don't make excuses. Make it happen."
    This my World.
    --- Chamillionaire

Thanks

This is kind of the point they are trying to make. "Use proper security practices, be glad were doing it for the lulz, be glad we're not more malicious."
    While that May be the case, And I'm glad they arent stealing information and the like, It could be an inspiration source for other "hackers" to try to make money off of other peoples suffering. That's a theoretical assumption I know, but It could lead to such an event. I appreciate why they're doing it, I Just WISH they could do it through less destructive means.
    Last edited by Mirrikuu; 13th-June-2011 at 06:11. Reason: I Derped on Using the Quote function

Thanks

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

NISA an Obsidian are being left alone . I think I have an account on the Bethesda forums, it was probably pruned.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Krisan Thyme View Post
    I can't say I'm surprised, really.

It really was just a matter of time.

Thanks

And NATO is going to poke the Anonymous hive.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DoomKefka View Post
    and sony makes up for it by giving away a shitty list of free games...thats y i stay old skool gaming too much bullshit nowadays with new tech
    Well I for one am greatly enjoying my shitty, award winning free games.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Josh For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This recent wave of hacks has been bad news, but then again as it was said it's just a game of cat and mouse, and it's going to continue probably for a very long time. Although the hackers who have been hacking into a lot of big name websites (like the nintendo one), known as Lulzsecurity (been following there twitter out of curiosity) has claimed to been doing to prove how unsecure all our most sensitive information, then sending their findings to said companies. However they have been stealing info, and have claimed to only be holding onto it. Although, I doubt it'll stay like that forever.

If anything, we shall probably see even more ridiculous things happen soon.

Thanks

I'm tired of it and I wish it would stop. It's not funny, it's not benefiting anyone, it's not helping the internet, and it's not fucking lulzy. Shit needs to stop, period. Screw lulzsec.

Bunch of spoiled brats who want things to go their way or no way at all. And then these assholes say shit like "oh, we're not going to fully release some info we stole because we actually like the company or something they made" The hell?

Here's one of their recent tweets:
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    We were going to keep this little treasure chest to ourselves, but it appears the hand has been bitten. Say your prayers, Brink users. ]
    I thought they were touting "hacktivism"? They seem more like douchebags hellbent on making things utterly annoying for everyone instead, if anything.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Well I for one am greatly enjoying my shitty, award winning free games.
    Not sure how I missed this retro laughable comment you posted

Thanks

"What are they trying to prove?"

Simple. They're trying to prove that they can actually *do* it. That's what "hacking" is all about.

I don't think it's such a bad thing if they farmed your email address and/or birthday, etc.. the fact that these guys are all being attacked proves their security is deficient. So, like Sony, Codemasters will now tighten their security to prevent such a thing from happening again. That's gotta be good for everyone, right? (at least in the long run)

At least CM actually hashed your passwords and didn't store them as plain text.. (thanks again Sony). Seeing as probably 60% of people use the same damn password for everything..

Thanks
    EP Points

That, sadly, is the reality of the current internet culture. Yeah, it's lovely you're connected to everyone and everything. It also makes you that much more vulnerable.

If you get right down to it, if you want to protect yourself from hacks COMPLETELY and ENTIRELY, you're best off never ever touching the internet, and in some cases even pieces of new software, completely. It's the endless trade-off. How much risk are you prepared to take before it becomes too much? As an example, in terms of my private information, I very much dislike using Facebook. It's got merits, to be sure, but it also has far too many disadvantages to me, so I'll refrain from using it. On the other hand I'm realistic enough to realise that probably most of my personal info can be hacked into and found out. It's sad, really.

The day companies actually manage to keep themselves 100% secure from hackers is the day humanity has died out. Because only then will there be no more attempts to break into security.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Ivo Robotnik For This Useful Post: