Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I am sick to my ass of all this hacking bullshit on game companies!!!!!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Spikes69 View Post
    I don`t think this problem will ever go away. As fast as these companies invent new protection the hackers will find a way round it.
    The same goes on with console chipping and software piracy. Its like a game of cat and mouse between the two with no-one really winning.
    For the big companies getting hacked its security for their customers that drives them on but for the hackers themselves... who knows, perhaps its pride?

Well it's not hacking in the sense of software or hardware modding its hacking in the vein of trying to get information and shit. Also fuck anon they need to go on somewhere with their on again off again we're a group wait no we're not. This is pure bullshit and is gonna probably create some stricter internet laws at least here in the US. Hopefully they won't be too spying like.
    The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

- James Oliver Rigney Jr. aka Robert Jordan (God rest his Soul.) 10-17-1948 to 09-16-2007

Thanks
    EP Points

I can't help but laugh.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lordrand11 View Post
    Well it's not hacking in the sense of software or hardware modding its hacking in the vein of trying to get information and shit. Also fuck anon they need to go on somewhere with their on again off again we're a group wait no we're not. This is pure bullshit and is gonna probably create some stricter internet laws at least here in the US. Hopefully they won't be too spying like.
    Welcome to the world. It's only going to be stricter because companies only care about their profit and will lobby for draconian measures as opposed to doing the right thing and I don't know investing in actual security. Current security of companies is only a blanket to make people feel better.

Also for all the evil hacking groups do, they also do good. Were you aware of Anonymous targeting Monsanto, you should look up the heinous business practices it implements.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Lightslei View Post
    Welcome to the world. It's only going to be stricter because companies only care about their profit and will lobby for draconian measures as opposed to doing the right thing and I don't know investing in actual security. Current security of companies is only a blanket to make people feel better.

Also for all the evil hacking groups do, they also do good. Were you aware of Anonymous targeting Monsanto, you should look up the heinous business practices it implements.
    Link please, if you wouldn't mind.

Shit would get pretty real if stricter laws were passed, it would only piss off the serious hackers and be a hindrance to normal internet users.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Link please, if you wouldn't mind.

Shit would get pretty real if stricter laws were passed, it would only piss off the serious hackers and be a hindrance to normal internet users.
    Google is more than capable of providing an answer.

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&h...w=1280&bih=632

As it is, we also have the group Lulzsec which is proving how few companies are implementing actual security measures.

Thanks
    EP Points

this is straight fucking bull shit. i guarentee you that the reason microsoft hasnt gotten hacked yet is because all these hackers are big huge microsoft fans. they probably hate everyone else but microsoft.
    "Life is what you make of it. Don't make excuses. Make it happen."
    This my World.
    --- Chamillionaire

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by negles View Post
    this is straight fucking bull shit. i guarentee you that the reason microsoft hasnt gotten hacked yet is because all these hackers are big huge microsoft fans. they probably hate everyone else but microsoft.
    I'd like to present the award for most retarded post in a thread too *drum roll* THIS GUY!

Everyone loves M$, thats why there is no viruses for any M$ OS, its the safest OS ever, NEVER gets cracked into.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    I'd like to present the award for most retarded post in a thread too *drum roll* THIS GUY!

Everyone loves M$, thats why there is no viruses for any M$ OS, its the safest OS ever, NEVER gets cracked into.
    Also, For those of you who do have Mental Retardation, this is in fact sarcasm, and quite humorous sarcasm at that. And for such a post, I thank thee.

Now, hopping on the topic bandwagon...I think All these Hackers need to stop trying to hack into these major companies. Are they trying to be cyber-terrorists, instilling fear into us so that we stop playing games due to their attacks? What are they trying to accomplish, and realistically, do they honestly see their goals becoming achieved at ANY point in time? Or are they doing it for shits and giggles? At any rate this needs to end, because really, It's fucking childish.

Thanks

I think the groups from the recent attacks are just trying to prove that the companies can be broken into, but it would suck if a serious criminal hacker decides to follow their lead and steal a lot of information and use it. I think the only reason the hackers from the recent attacks haven't attacked Microsoft is because they are doing it right now, they tried already and failed, or because Microsoft has been in the computer industry for a while, that they might actually get tracked and go to jail or something like that.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrikuu View Post
    Also, For those of you who do have Mental Retardation, this is in fact sarcasm, and quite humorous sarcasm at that. And for such a post, I thank thee.

Now, hopping on the topic bandwagon...I think All these Hackers need to stop trying to hack into these major companies. Are they trying to be cyber-terrorists, instilling fear into us so that we stop playing games due to their attacks? What are they trying to accomplish, and realistically, do they honestly see their goals becoming achieved at ANY point in time? Or are they doing it for shits and giggles? At any rate this needs to end, because really, It's fucking childish.
    couldn't agree with you more. opening these holes in the system doesn't help their case it only hinders and it allows the malicious hackers to get in there steal the info and whisk away into the night with peoples PII
    The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

- James Oliver Rigney Jr. aka Robert Jordan (God rest his Soul.) 10-17-1948 to 09-16-2007

Thanks

and sony makes up for it by giving away a shitty list of free games...thats y i stay old skool gaming too much bullshit nowadays with new tech

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by negles View Post
    No, the reason Microsoft hasn't been hacked into yet is Microsoft actually gives a damn about their security. They hire people to try and break in, and then fix their security holes.

Which group? Lulzsec is doing it to prove how little companies care about security, and telling them to actually care about the consumer and use proper security. Keep in mind one of Sony's sites was hacked with a simple SQL-injection.

I think the groups from the recent attacks are just trying to prove that the companies can be broken into, but it would suck if a serious criminal hacker decides to follow their lead and steal a lot of information and use it. I think the only reason the hackers from the recent attacks haven't attacked Microsoft is because they are doing it right now, they tried already and failed, or because Microsoft has been in the computer industry for a while, that they might actually get tracked and go to jail or something like that.
    This is kind of the point they are trying to make. "Use proper security practices, be glad were doing it for the lulz, be glad we're not more malicious."

You do realize how cocky some people in the industry are:
    http://jadedsecurity.net/2011/06/08/...security-firm/

Thanks

I wonder if the US FBI is actively investigating Lulzsec. I stopped using the PSN and Nintendo Wi-Fi Connect because of these idiots. My Uncle, who worked for the US National Guard out of South Carolina in computer security since the first Gulf War and retired 2 years ago, said that nothing is truly untraceable and if somebody wanted to put enough effort into it, they could find anyone or anything. Lulzsec seems like a cyber terrorist group to me.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Lightslei View Post
    No, the reason Microsoft hasn't been hacked into yet is Microsoft actually gives a damn about their security. They hire people to try and break in, and then fix their security holes.
    Major Nelson's XBL account was hacked too months ago, not even Microsoft is safe.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Major Nelson's XBL account was hacked too months ago, not even Microsoft is safe.
    I was unaware of this. Can you give me a source?