Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: I am sick to my ass of all this hacking bullshit on game companies!!!!!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Default I am sick to my ass of all this hacking bullshit on game companies!!!!!!

Here's the article and here's a link to the article http://www.qj.net/pc-gaming/news/its...et-hacked.html

This can't be good at all. Codemasters sent out an email to their customers, informing that they have been hacked. To make it worse, personal information has been confirmed to have been stolen.

Said their somber email, "On Friday 3rd une, unauthorized entry was gained to our Codemasters.com website. As soon as the intrusion was detected, we immediately took codemasters.com and associated web services offline in order to prevent any further intrusion."

The information stolen were taken from their EStore databank, including names, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, encrypted passwords and order histories.

There's good news in all of this, though. Codemasters reassures that "no personal payment information was stored with Codemasters as we use external payment providers, meaning your payment details were not at risk from this intrusion."

Their email continued, "Whilst we do not have confirmation that any of this data was actually downloaded onto an external device, we have to assume that, as access was gained, all of these details were compromised and /or stolen."

Previously, it was Square Enix who got hacked, following the now infamous PSN breach. Nintendo too was also recently victimized by these hackers.

Seriously these douche bags need to quit. What are they trying to prove and who too?
    Last edited by lordrand11; 11th-June-2011 at 17:12. Reason: effed it up.
    The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

- James Oliver Rigney Jr. aka Robert Jordan (God rest his Soul.) 10-17-1948 to 09-16-2007

Thanks
    EP Points

Hackers are criminals,they don't need to prove anything,just steal stuff.
    The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything is...
    Spoiler warning:
    Spoiler warning:
    Well,what did you expect ?

Thanks

Epic Games was also just hacked as well..

Thanks
    EP Points

Was this by the same group or no? And why are all these gaming cos being hacked? seems after Sony v Anon, I guess people think its cool to hack or something.

Thanks

No one knows, really. It's probably not the same group (or person, as the case may be) that's doing this, but it's entirely possible that it is. It's pissing me off too though, getting sick of this nonsense.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm getting pretty tired of all this hacking as well. It's not like it's really proving a point.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

yup im tired of it too, feels like there's always something and im tired of it.

I Heard a rumor Hackers may yet again attack Sony >.<

Thanks

I was cool with the Sony v. Anon hacks, mostly for the whole Geohotz case as sort of a "Haha, serves you right for throwing your legal might and money around to take down a few harmless PS3 console hackers".

But all these new hacks are just frustrating. Why go after video game developers? What point are they trying to make? If it's just to steal personal info for identity theft, then why not go after other corporations other than video game devs?

Thanks

I don`t think this problem will ever go away. As fast as these companies invent new protection the hackers will find a way round it.
    The same goes on with console chipping and software piracy. Its like a game of cat and mouse between the two with no-one really winning.
    For the big companies getting hacked its security for their customers that drives them on but for the hackers themselves... who knows, perhaps its pride?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Personal information is a goldmine for identity theft. I mean, it's a multi-billion dollar enterprise, and in order to feed, more information must flow. It'll never stop, and you will never be truly safe.

Thanks
    EP Points

Im shocked that people use their real information...... Jase Mcbigbalz must not have his identity stolen!

No really thou, best way to guard yourself is not to use your real information, its the internet.... not a real store where they are going to ask you to show real ID.
    Pre-paid credit cards FTW~

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Baumshlager View Post
    Hackers are criminals,they don't need to prove anything,just steal stuff.
    Actually, there are two basic camps of hackers.

White hats simply go into systems as a challenge to their skills, they don't actually do anything other than enter and leave.

Black Hats usually attack something for various reasons, they can steal but it's not always the main goal.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
    Actually, there are two basic camps of hackers.

White hats simply go into systems as a challenge to their skills, they don't actually do anything other than enter and leave.

Black Hats usually attack something for various reasons, they can steal but it's not always the main goal.
    Ok,thank you for clarifying that for me.
    The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything is...
    Spoiler warning:
    Spoiler warning:
    Well,what did you expect ?

Thanks

The issue here is not hacking in general, but a recent trend in hacking.

Also, I heard that Nintendo's server breach was harmless; all they did was brag about it (and backed up said bragging with a server config file). They said themselves that they like Nintendo.

On top of that, three arrests were made in Spain recently over this subject. The plot thickens!

Thanks

I understand what you mean bro, my friend has a PS3, and PSN and the hackers hacked sony TWICE! Can you believe that?! Think they would have more security and stuff...anyway thats not the point, the point is that over 1,000,000 Birthdates and personal information of people that have PSN network have been stolen! I just hope my friend wasn't one of them, and I think I speak for us all when hearing about Sony being hacked doesnt really wanna make you buy a PS3 huh? Not reasurring at all, hope Microsoft doesnt get hacked, or my information could get stolen too!384-epic-rage-face.jpg