Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: I am sick to my ass of all this hacking bullshit on game companies!!!!!!

Thanks

Oh, man. Lulzsec vs. Anonymous, now this I've got to see!

I don't care if they tear each other apart or not. With two groups like these, it'll be fun to watch no matter what happens.

Thanks

Add Sega to the list. Just got an email from them a second ago..

Thanks

Wasn't codemasters notorious for UNLISENSED games anyway?!?
    Rabid Media Online!
    Check out original artwork and games by ME!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabidmedia View Post
    Wasn't codemasters notorious for UNLISENSED games anyway?!?
    I don't care. These companies are obviously not being attacked selectively in the name of retribution, these companies are just being targeted because they're there.

Let's run down the list so far, while we're at it..

Hacked List:

Sony - Playstation Network (And other Services)
    Nintendo - Web\Online Services
    Square-Enix - Eidos Branch - Servers Compromised
    Codemasters - Servers Compromised
    CCP Games - EVE Online - Servers Compromised
    Epic Games - User Database
    Bethesda - Servers Compromised
    Mojang - Minecraft - Servers Compromised
    Bioware - User Database
    Sega - Billing Services

Thanks
    EP Points

i wonder if any one in those groups work for microsoft.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks

Dang, they've pretty much hit most of the major gaming companies.

What bugs me most about all this is how many people comprise Lulzsec. It seems like they're hitting at least 2-3 places a day with how fast we're getting updates on who they attacked every day. To move that fast, they have to have quite a few people working together on this. I doubt it's like anonymous size, but it still makes you wonder just how many people does Lulzsec have?

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't condone these hackers even if they do have a point. But putting all hackers in the same boat as them is broad brushing way too much. We're on a website dedicated to emulators and in some ways that is like hacking into the respective system or in the game to emulate it. Many of us may also use cheats which is hacking the memory of a game to achieve things like infinite health. Even when we aren't hacking to achieve those things, somebody did. Another thing is that some of us may have hacked into our video game systems to play emulators and such or at the least used tools provided by hackers to install said emulators. Hacking isn't inherently wrong. It's what the use of hacking is for. So hacking for health and emulators is not evil, but hacking for private information and credit card numbers is. But bunching those that do the former with those that do the latter isn't going to stop the latter. It's more likely to make good people look bad while those that truly deserve ridicule will stay anonymous and continue.

Also calling those that hack for the lulz only, white hats, seems backwards. If somebody attacked me, I would have rather they attacked me for a reason rather than shits and giggles. On one hand they may actually not use what they steal, but how would we really know unless our identity becomes stolen or money lost from the bank. I don't think it would be smart to trust some person who I don't even know with my information. Of course after this I don't think I could trust those that say they have our security at heart when they send passwords as plain text. It may as well be like this:

Three more days until Party time!

Thanks

Default SEGA being hacked

And the hackers are at it once again, company notified users that the pass system database has indeed been hacked, they stole emails and information of nearly 1.3 million users, but no payment information. Proof of this happening is in the link to the right >>>> http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/tec...ry?id=13885521 Oh joy, everyones getting hacked, aren't they?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Wait, SEGA has stuff? huh.

Thanks

Lol I never knew that they did till I listened to the radio, but oh well, bet those hackers are happy!
    Last edited by Josh; 21st-June-2011 at 16:15.

Thanks
    EP Points

You know, it's moments like these that I wish my "mad scientist" shtick was real and I could send some retribution their way. Preferably a digitally hardcoded version of a punch in the mouth.

Thanks

Lol and I also heard on the news that they are going to combat these hackers with others hackers, or at least thats what I think I heard, speculation so far

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Flance, you don't have to post that image in all your posts, that's what the signatures are for. Go to Settings/Edit Signature to use it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I dont why they bother hacking this, while they should be hacking others like those who steel money online or something .... well who cares
    let theme hack