Thread: Am I Odd / Crazy?

Thanks
    EP Points

All Alienware owners are knobs.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    All Alienware owners are knobs.
    lol are they even that good, i know some people have said they've gone downhill now that Dell own them but are they worth the money?
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bennieboi20 View Post
    your more than welcome Kouen, dont listen to the haters I can tell your pasionate about doing this upgrade so if your liking it then why not its like saying that why should you bother being a ball boy for tennis, if you enjoy it and you feel that your getting a good experience from it then its up to you what you do and i agree with what you said aswell why not play older games, sure there are various ports and remakes but nothing comes close to actually playing a good old game to bring back the nostalgia i for one had it whilst playing FF 8 on epsxe and finally completing it after 8-9 years? i think lol its a sense of achievment very much like you will be when you have finished upgrading it btw what OS is/was it?
    Its 2000 or XP Compatible, I Run it on Win XP though a customised install version with the crap trimmed out so it has only what the laptop needs

Thanks

Just wondering but i had gotten a new laptop and for some reason my old one after not even 30 mminutes of use it turns it self off for no reason! I even have it plugged into the wall and everything. same thing. just wondering what could cause this.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Corona View Post
    Just wondering but i had gotten a new laptop and for some reason my old one after not even 30 mminutes of use it turns it self off for no reason! I even have it plugged into the wall and everything. same thing. just wondering what could cause this.
    Sounds like it is overheating. Is the fan running?

Thanks
    EP Points

My apologies man. I didn't really mean it quite the way you took it. Maybe you should have posted the rest of the chat instead of taking it to the heart that I was intentionally taking a stab at your laptop. Again, if I offended you or your laptop I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. BTW, I don't recall ever calling you gay, nor do I think that nostalgic old pieces are garbage. I don't play current gen much and I just finished a MAME cabinet recently.
    I'm listening but I don't hear very much...

Thanks

I have an Acer Eee PC Netbook from 2004 so don't feel badbecause your A LITTLE outdated. As for wasting the time updating an old machine... if you can afford all of that why not just buy a new laptop?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zach Baldwin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Dang it...Accidently pressed thank post instead of neg rep.

Crap.

Thanks
    EP Points

Kouen - I think it's great that you've put such time and effort into your legacy machine. My main PC is an HP dv9000 laptop... it's quite capable, and I don't really need another machine...

However, I still keep an old Gateway Desktop that was given to me years ago. The specs are laughable (It runs Windows 98), but it works great for FCE Ultra, SNES9x, and GENS+, and it also runs Xpadder like a champ with my USB gamepad. If I get the spare cash, I may start upgrading the old thing. Hell, I might even gut it, buy a new MoBo and start from scratch (the case is nice and big, with plenty of room for whatever purpose I choose).

All that being said, don't listen to the haters. You love your "Bionic Laptop", and you're the only one it needs to impress. Good show!

EDIT - @Nemesis: Don't you think negative rep is a little harsh for that guy above? Maybe his folks have decent cash flow, and he hasn't discovered the "Do it Yourself" thrills of making something from nothing yet. That is, NOT counting, *ahem* "self-massage". We're still talking about computers, here.
    Last edited by Rockstar1983; 21st-June-2011 at 07:09.
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".
    *My username will unlock my uploads, if a password is needed.
    *Games, Guitars, or Girls... choose any two.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar1983 View Post
    Kouen - I think it's great that you've put such time and effort into your legacy machine. My main PC is an HP dv9000 laptop... it's quite capable, and I don't really need another machine...

However, I still keep an old Gateway Desktop that was given to me years ago. The specs are laughable (It runs Windows 98), but it works great for FCE Ultra, SNES9x, and GENS+, and it also runs Xpadder like a champ with my USB gamepad. If I get the spare cash, I may start upgrading the old thing. Hell, I might even gut it, buy a new MoBo and start from scratch (the case is nice and big, with plenty of room for whatever purpose I choose).

All that being said, don't listen to the haters. You love your "Bionic Laptop", and you're the only one it needs to impress. Good show!

EDIT - @Nemesis: Don't you think negative rep is a little harsh for that guy above? Maybe his folks have decent cash flow, and he hasn't discovered the "Do it Yourself" thrills of making something from nothing yet. That is, NOT counting, *ahem* "self-massage". We're still talking about computers, here.
    He doesn't understand sedimental value of Kouen's laptop.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    He doesn't understand sedimental value of Kouen's laptop.
    The value of the laptop settles to the bottom slowly, over a long period of time, and builds up?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    The value of the laptop settles to the bottom slowly, over a long period of time, and builds up?
    Yes. Like cake.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I think you're just wasting your time. You would get far better results from just buying a new laptop. Just retire that one and use it for a torrent machine.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by !nstaGib View Post
    I think you're just wasting your time. You would get far better results from just buying a new laptop. Just retire that one and use it for a torrent machine.
    A New laptop would come with Windows 7 though I need XP for some of the uses I Use with this Laptop like older games that dont work on vista / 7

Thanks
    EP Points

I already gave my opinion and i think it's ok to upgrade but if you were to get a new one you could still run your older games in compatibility mode

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.