Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Am I Odd / Crazy?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by !nstaGib View Post
    I think you're just wasting your time. You would get far better results from just buying a new laptop. Just retire that one and use it for a torrent machine.
    i believe Kouen has stated already why he doesnt want a new laptop, plus if he can get this working for him and its all well and good it will be a sense of achievment
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by knightshade View Post
    I already gave my opinion and i think it's ok to upgrade but if you were to get a new one you could still run your older games in compatibility mode
    That doesnt always work.

Quote Originally Posted by !nstaGib View Post
    I think you're just wasting your time. You would get far better results from just buying a new laptop. Just retire that one and use it for a torrent machine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennieboi20 View Post
    i believe kouen has stated already why he doesnt want a new laptop, plus if he can get this working for him and its all well and good it will be a sense of achievment
    Not only has he stated that he doesnt want a new laptop, but getting a new one would be pointless for him considering his desktop is MORE than capable of of doing ANYTHING he wants it to.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Worm View Post
    Not only has he stated that he doesnt want a new laptop, but getting a new one would be pointless for him considering his desktop is MORE than capable of of doing ANYTHING he wants it to.
    exactly, he has a better desktop than i do and alot of people on this forum, hes doing this purley for himself because its something he wishes to do
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks
    EP Points

For any console gamers in this thread who think Kouen is crazy... let me (with a heart filled with nothing but brotherly love) hold up a mirror:

"You should get rid of that old NES... it's big and clunky, plus you gotta blow on the cartridges to make 'em play, or you get that blinky screen. No, don't bother opening it and cutting pin 4 of the lockout chip, or replacing that 72-pin connector. It's just old junk. You should toss it and just buy a Wii with the Virtual Console."

See what I mean?
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".
    *My username will unlock my uploads, if a password is needed.
    *Games, Guitars, or Girls... choose any two.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockstar1983 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by knightshade View Post
    I already gave my opinion and i think it's ok to upgrade but if you were to get a new one you could still run your older games in compatibility mode
    Not all games work even in compatibility mode unfortunately trust me I've tried I got a whole bunch that no matter what I do wont run on vista / 7 x64 for instance

XIII = Will not install correctly due to Vista / 7 conflict with the installer when it asks for CD3 it will act like you cancelled, so id need an xp machine to extract the files
    Might & Magic IX = Installs fine messes up when it goes to draw the graphics meaning every area change I have to alt tab out and in which it takes sometimes 3 mins to redraw in that time i could be dead (actually alot of older lithtech engine games hate Vista / 7)
    Rainbow Six rouge spear = Crashes at Intro Movie
    Virtua Fighter 2 = Complains about graphics no matter what
    Wizards and Warriors = almost there but there is a huge ATi Bug in there newer Drivers, Thankfully my old ATi 9000 driver support stopped before the issue came in and my HD4870 was made after so no driver rollback can help me
    Killing Time = Shows title screen and crashes before showing intro movie

Some games Compatibility mode works or im able to get it working with research on google some just refuse to run and are outta my control and thats where the lappy comes into play! these games are just off the top of my head I do have more

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kouen Hasuki For This Useful Post: